Sign in to follow this  
Killerardvark

Cryodex Android App - Now on Google Play Store

1. It's not complete yet. You can run 100 point tournaments for X-Wing. More functionality will be coming soon!

2. It's Free...but it has ads. Yeah, I'm sorry, I kinda hate myself. As soon as I figure out how, there will be a way to give a small donation and have them gone forever. This is what I'm working on right now, so hopefully within the week.

3. No, it will not be coming to IOS. It's apples and oranges trying to code for that evil thing. I have someone who said they are willing to port it over, so once I get all the standard functionality done it might be coming.

4. Thank you for your patience and support in making this happen. It's been an interesting experience so far. 

Have you thought about just putting it up for sale for $1.99?

First of all, I don't feel right charging for incomplete software. Second, my entire goal with Cryodex is to have consistently smooth and accurate tournaments being run for X-Wing. If one TO decides not to use my software because it costs $1.99 and then runs an awful tournament, I have not met my goal. I'm open to the conversation though.

First of all, I don't feel right charging for incomplete software. Second, my entire goal with Cryodex is to have consistently smooth and accurate tournaments being run for X-Wing. If one TO decides not to use my software because it costs $1.99 and then runs an awful tournament, I have not met my goal. I'm open to the conversation though.

If a TO is not willing to spend $1.99 for your software after collecting $5-25 from each participant, then that TO is going to run a crappy tournement regardless of what software is used.

If a TO is not willing to spend $1.99 for your software after collecting $5-25 from each participant, then that TO is going to run a crappy tournement regardless of what software is used.

Agreed. 

Charge for it. $1.99 is not a lot, even for someone who doesn't run tournaments. And I'm super cheap... 

I mean, I only have three K-fighters, ffs. 

Edit: While I'm up on this soap box, I'd definitely pay for an app that was updated same-day with pre-release previews (i.e. the squad builder I have won't have the new Striker information in it for a couple days at least)

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

Because most TOs aren't the ones getting paid by those entry fees and are there basically as volunteers. So, I can see exactly where ardvark is coming from. A free and paid version is just fine as long as the ads are non intrusive.

+1

Because most TOs aren't the ones getting paid by those entry fees and are there basically as volunteers. So, I can see exactly where ardvark is coming from. A free and paid version is just fine as long as the ads are non intrusive.

I'm pretty sure participants would have no problem with being charged extra 20 cents fee for the app (which is a one-time purchase, btw).

You mean a Store. a Store buying the app and installing it on a volunteer TO's phone, then doing the same a month later when the first TO decides to quit to do something else. Yeah, I can see that happening.

Thanks Chico. You're a godsend. Now I can fearlessly walk into any strange new venue and completely take over a shoddily run tournament. Not that I've ever experienced that in the last 4 years mind you... too often

I'm pretty sure participants would have no problem with being charged extra 20 cents fee for the app (which is a one-time purchase, btw).

We have 4 TOs in the local area, and we rotate. I know a few more are interested in helping as well. That goes out the window when you have a rotating group. Yes, buying it is the sound option, and quite frankly it's worth it. But for the areas that don't have a solid group and do tournaments every so often it's nice to have a free option, even if it has ads.