Sign in to follow this  
Coyoti

A little bird...

Since no one has any thing to add until this blasted next wave of models arrive, let me add this point: Adelaide was murder capital of the world for 2002 and 2003.

Almost 15 years ago.

And what have you done since then?

Been slackin'

This thread has gone all wrong....

1) veggiemite is insignificant against the power of marmite

2) Americans calling Australia wildlife dangerous is like someone from the South Pole suggesting the North Pole is stupid cold. Now I come from a safe civilised country, so I know what I'm talking about (we shot all our dangerous wildlife a few hundred years ago and now only have cute deer and bunny rabbits to worry about). North American wildlife is out to get you..........You guys have....brown bears, black bears, polar bears ( the largest most vicious Bear in the world), alligators ( although Ausi crocs are better than yours) and more poisonous snakes than you can shake a stick at ( in fact about 8000 of you get bite a year and a handful die).

So stop arguing and lock your doors...

Edited by Jondavies72

This thread has gone all wrong....

1) veggiemite is insignificant against the power of marmite

2) Americans calling Australia wildlife dangerous is like someone from the South Pole suggesting the North Pole is stupid cold. Now I come from a safe civilised country, so I know what I'm talking about (we shot all our dangerous wildlife a few hundred years ago and now only have cute deer and bunny rabbits to worry about). North American wildlife is out to get you..........You guys have....brown bears, black bears, polar bears ( the largest most vicious Bear in the world), alligators ( although Ausi crocs are better than yours) and more poisonous snakes than you can shake a stick at ( in fact about 8000 of you get bite a year and a handful die).

So stop arguing and lock your doors...

Most of the Poisonous Snakes warn you before hand.  They don't count.

North American snakes are not all that poisonous, and even so, our proportional rate of being bitten is lower. We just have a lot more people for them to bite.

But screw any of that wildlife nonsense. Here in the United States we have more dangerous people, with a homicide rate almost four times that of Australia, and more than four times that of the UK.

North American snakes are not all that poisonous, and even so, our proportional rate of being bitten is lower. We just have a lot more people for them to bite.

But screw any of that wildlife nonsense. Here in the United States we have more dangerous people, with a homicide rate almost four times that of Australia, and more than four times that of the UK.

... And I think I find that half of the problem behind that disappointing statistic is that a lot of American people seemingly either do not care, or are proud of it...  Which really does sadden me... :(

We also have the most dangerous animal of all, The White Tailed Deer. Motorists understand what I'm saying.

... And I think I find that half of the problem behind that disappointing statistic is that a lot of American people seemingly either do not care, or are proud of it...  Which really does sadden me... :(

Well, in all seriousness, this sort of statistic and its treatment is embedded in a furious debate of culture, identity, and politics (and some economics as well) in American society. When you add the dimension from debating with someone outside of the United States to the mix, you're hardly having a 'clean' debate, which you should judge on its logical merits.

If you pull it out of those contexts, even arch-conservative Americans would prefer a lower homicide rate.

But, obviously, that pulls us out of a jovial discussion about poisonous little birds from Australia with news of release schedules.

::applause and agreement::

But no like. Its the little button on the bottom right of the post Dras

I was getting to it.  But I got distracted by a Toddler attempting to throw a Kitten in the Bathtub.

I understand. It takes more time and concentration to click, than to quote, type; correct typo, click again. :P

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

But no like. Its the little button on the bottom right of the post Dras.

I was getting to it.  But I got distracted by a Toddler attempting to throw a Kitten in the Bathtub.

That's a triple distraction.  May the Force Be With You

For the most part you really have to go searching for our dangerous wildlife..... and polar bears cmon man..... you REALLY have to go looking for them. The Aussie dangerous stuff just crawls in your house.

For the most part you really have to go searching for our dangerous wildlife..... and polar bears cmon man..... you REALLY have to go looking for them. The Aussie dangerous stuff just crawls in your house.

I mean ya in the continental US you're not going to run into a polar bear, but in certain places in Alaska people are hired to patrol around towns for polar bears because people get EATEN right in town.... that would be a brutal way to go...

Strangely enough, I have been there. It is a truly distracting occurrence, requiring an immediate parental response, so awesome excuse!

Ha!

I mean ya in the continental US you're not going to run into a polar bear, but in certain places in Alaska people are hired to patrol around towns for polar bears because people get EATEN right in town.... that would be a brutal way to go...

We got 5m crocs that waddle down the street, believe me, you stay away from those guys. I grew up where the Big Red Kangaroos bound, once they start moving, nothing gets in their way - you'll total your car if you hit one, the Red looks at you and keeps moving. they get to over 2m in height (hitting the 7 foot mark) and when their ornery, they get mean real fast.

The real question is cougar vs dingo? My money's on the dingo.

The words of a man who's never been out hiking in the mountains and found himself face to face with a mountain lion across the wash from him.

*shudder*

There have not been many times in my life that I thought I legitimately might die. That was one.

Ha!

We got 5m crocs that waddle down the street, believe me, you stay away from those guys. I grew up where the Big Red Kangaroos bound, once they start moving, nothing gets in their way - you'll total your car if you hit one, the Red looks at you and keeps moving. they get to over 2m in height (hitting the 7 foot mark) and when their ornery, they get mean real fast.

Oh I've seen em, my buddy and I did a road trip starting in Sydney and went up the Gold Coast all the way to where the rainforest goes into the ocean (I always forget what it's called), then went to Darwin before driving down the center, stopping at Devils marbles and Uluru on the way to Melbourne before going back along the coast to Sydney. We waxed a few roos (just the small one, although we saw some HUGE reds...)

Strangely enough, I have been there. It is a truly distracting occurrence, requiring an immediate parental response, so awesome excuse!

My youngest boy had a habit of throwing phones and remote controls down the toilet then stirring them around a bit.... Cost me a fortune. Our cat was a vicious and very large Tom who always looked at the kids like they could be a source of a free dinner, so I never had the particular issue.