Sign in to follow this  
Coyoti

A little bird...

As an Aussie, I can tell you that the stuff is sitting in a warehouse for the last few weeks waiting for the gol-darn American stuff to be delivered. WE have to wait for them, but they don't have to wait for us. Not our fault that our political leaders have a good relationship with China (see there... did you see what I did there? Yeah, I made that comment).

It also helps that we are a lot closer geographically - and not in Europe like many Americans think (BOOM! Twice baby!).

:)

As an Aussie, I can tell you that the stuff is sitting in a warehouse for the last few weeks waiting for the gol-darn American stuff to be delivered. WE have to wait for them, but they don't have to wait for us. Not our fault that our political leaders have a good relationship with China (see there... did you see what I did there? Yeah, I made that comment).

It also helps that we are a lot closer geographically - and not in Europe like many Americans think (BOOM! Twice baby!).

I comfort myself by knowing that the wildlife isn't trying to murder me every other day and that we don't have spiders the size of pet cats.

not in Europe like many Americans think

Is this a reference or something? I feel like surely there must be something more in there than DAE DUMB MURICANS...

... right...?

No, that's....  Pretty well the way Australians see it.

The whole Austria / Australia thing.

I don't subscribe to it.  Which is ironic, since I was bitten by that very issue when I tried to get my License changed over here...

..  Over the Phone, was told it was a quick simple process...

In the Registry, I'm told everything is invalid.

....  Turns out European Countries do get a quick simple process....  And they'd mistaken Australia for Austria...

Edited by Drasnighta

I comfort myself by knowing that the wildlife isn't trying to murder me every other day and that we don't have spiders the size of pet cats.

There's no bears or mountain lions in Australia though.

Those nasty reptiles and arachnids aren't predators, unlike those scary mammals.

Those nasty reptiles and arachnids aren't predators, unlike those scary mammals.

You haven't seen what our Drop Bears and Kangaroos can do!

You haven't seen what our Drop Bears and Kangaroos can do!

Jebus, those Drop Bears send a shiver down my spine. I've seen one attack.

I'm with Tirion; I've never thought that, nor have I heard of that being a common mistake haha. I do know y'all are a bunch of crooks! Which, coincidentally is why Georgia (right next door) was begun as a colony. Got some rifraff? Ship em to Georgia! Crazy Yanks boogered off and split? Fine, ship them to Australia and let them sing about Eidelweiss! :-o ;-))

Hey buddy! hold your dingos! WE aren't the ones that invented Vegemite....just say'n....

Hey buddy! hold your dingos! WE aren't the ones that invented Vegemite....just say'n....

Puts a Rose in Every Cheek, Mate.

Puts a Rose in every Cheek, Mate.

So does a good slap.

I'll take the slap.

A quip so nice he typed it twice.

But, we have heard of the land down under.

Where women glow and men plunder.

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover.

That song also has a mention of vegemite, I think.

A quip so nice he typed it twice.

But, we have heard of the land down under.

Where women glow and men plunder.

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover.

That song also has a mention of vegemite, I think.

It does indeed.

Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six-foot-four and full of muscles

I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"

He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

https://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar/pictures-that-prove-australia-is-the-craziest?utm_term=.bvN3Qe1p4#.iq7Nkx14D

Just a taste of what it is to live life in the sunburnt country.

Our Spartan lifestyle is the reason Australians are massive players of Armada.

Why did anyone ever go there?!?!?!

Although i'll give the British credit, excellent place to plant a prison!

And while everyone looks at Australia and thinks "This place is crazy!", in Australia, it's Adelaide that freaks out the rest of the country. The South Australian motto: If you stay too long, you'll end up at the bottom of the Torrens, or in a barrel.

(The Torrens a lake the government clears up every decade or so and few missing persons get resolved at the same time).