John Constantine

LotR LCG Rework Project v1.0 Release

On 2/13/2017 at 1:03 PM, John Constantine said:

Hey, Tracyn2! 

Thanks a bunch! Glad it striked your fancy.

So, after your question I've reviewed the cards, and while new Rivendell Bow seems to be stronger, I would say that it is more different than stronger. I would, however, probably throw in an additional trait for Galadhrim Bow - Scout.

So you mean that you could attach it to either a Scout or Silvan character, rather than only a Silvan character with printed Ranged keyword?

My concern was that Rivendell Bow always gives +2 Attack if you have the printed Ranged Keyword, but Bow of the Galadhrim required you have the printed Ranged keyword to get even +1 attack out of it. 

I am also working from the assumption you hadn't changed Galadhrim Bow yet, because I didn't see it in the album.

Sorry to be such a stickler, but I've been playing using your changes, and both groups of Elves are some of my favorite factions, so I notice when there appears to be such a difference.

Edited by Tracyn2
Forgot to add relevant Quote.

Rivendell Bow giving +2 to printed ranged characters is both it's blessing and curse, because it strictly limits the number of characters it can ever give the +2 bonus to.

I didn't changed Galadhrim Bow, but now that you bring that up, I might changing it in a way of removing reqired ranged to attach and by adding a scout trait for possible attachment targets.

On 17.02.2017 at 8:28 PM, Tracyn2 said:

So you mean that you could attach it to either a Scout or Silvan character, rather than only a Silvan character with printed Ranged keyword?

My concern was that Rivendell Bow always gives +2 Attack if you have the printed Ranged Keyword, but Bow of the Galadhrim required you have the printed Ranged keyword to get even +1 attack out of it. 

I am also working from the assumption you hadn't changed Galadhrim Bow yet, because I didn't see it in the album.

Sorry to be such a stickler, but I've been playing using your changes, and both groups of Elves are some of my favorite factions, so I notice when there appears to be such a difference.

Here, I made this for you:

jv-jufgAcKg.jpg

Kjeldwhat is that and why does it needs to be assembled?