Sign in to follow this  
Hepitude

Weird Collections

Does anyone else collect x-wing miniatures in weird ways? I'll only buy ships that I can see in the original trilogy. Nothing from Rebels, the Force Awakens or the EU. If Rogue One is good though I'll be buying those ships since it's the correct time period.

Do you include the YT 2400 or are you truly pure and don't use the retouched version?

I buy 200pts of the cheapest pilot of every single ship in the game, does that count?

Yes that would count.  Clearly you need 400pts or 12 of each small base, 6 of each large base in order to have a non-weird collection habit.

I started the same way as the Original Poster (OP) about a year ago, collecting ships exclusively from the Original Trilogy (OT) movies. But then I started watching Rebels, despite my initial reluctance to give the show a fair chance. It was all downhill from there, and now I have one of almost everything.

Edited by mattcs90

I only buy one of every ship. I have no doubles.

That's actually impressive. The only ships I only own one of, including huge ships,  are Hounds Tooth (Hands down think it is the ugliest ship there is, and only bought it because I must have at least 1), Slave-1, YT-2400 (Just waiting on a good sale), and Decimator (also waiting on a sale). Self-control is a good thing, it just isn't my specialty. 

I only buy one of every ship. I have no doubles.

That's actually impressive. The only ships I only own one of, including huge ships,  are Hounds Tooth (Hands down think it is the ugliest ship there is, and only bought it because I must have at least 1), Slave-1, YT-2400 (Just waiting on a good sale), and Decimator (also waiting on a sale). Self-control is a good thing, it just isn't my specialty.

Actually, now that I think about it I do have most wanted, so I do have 2 y-wing (1 rebel, 1 scum) and the two scum headhunters. Other than that no doubles though.

I have a friend who rarely plays, and I keep their collection with me.  I've added a bunch of alt arts, printed proxies, they have a really useful meta-able set of upgrades for this crazy set of ships: Rebel HWK (sometimes borrowing Scum HWK), Houndstooth, Starviper, Ewing.  

Its actually a really fun set of stuff. 

I only buy Rebels and Imperials, no Scum.

but some of the best cards only come in scum packs :)

@~:>?!£$!!£$% Crack Shot.

I tend to only buy imperial ships. I do use all the different "eras" happily, but I don't like mixing them. First Order squads are pure first order.

I only buy Rebels and Imperials, no Scum.

but some of the best cards only come in scum packs :)

@~:>?!£$!!£$% Crack Shot.

I tend to only buy imperial ships. I do use all the different "eras" happily, but I don't like mixing them. First Order squads are pure first order.

Autothrusters was the first card that came to mind

mine is not as weird as the others I guess, but I apply the following ship quantity rules:

Disposable swarms: 6 (e.g. Tie Fighters/Z-95)

Somewhat disposable swarms: 3 (e.g. chihuahuas/scyks/FOs)

Every TIE salad archetypes excluding TIE/ln & TIE/FO: 2

Every small ships punching 3 atk dice and above: 2

Majestic bombers and where to find them heavy fighters: 2 (e.g. K-Wing/ARC/Punishers/B-wing/G-1A)

Large ships: No more than 2 (never at any time have I owned or fielded uboats)

Huge ships: 1 of each

and

Quad Jumpers: 5

...don't judge me.

Edited by Grivoire