Sign in to follow this  
Jarval

TIE Striker preview is up

I don't think I'd give the Tie Shuttle LF. If you are taking the shuttle, you are probably taking Systems Officer. Which means taking the MK2 Engine means you have WAY more options for passing off those all important locks.

I'm still grabbing 5 of these. I'm a Tie groupie lol

The question is: how can I feed Corran 2 evades when he fires at PS8, and 2 more evades when firing at the end of the combat phase.

Corran needs to be able to make a pair of 5 dice attacks...

vader.jpg

I'm trying to brainstorm Squad leader Xizor and a mindlink scyk swarm.

Also some TIE shuttle + Swarm shennanigans.

Since ive been uncharacteristically positive about this expansion, ill balance it out a bit

Lightweight frame couldve been 0 points and not even come clise to overpowering anything

Even at 0 i STILL wouldnt take it over gchips or lrs on relevent ships

But i wouldve put it on the sf

When not using tiemk2 anyway

So I'm thinking of the Phantom actually more than this little bird....

5EC43FB6-8E14-442D-BADE-A3D5EC868679.png2E64A9E3-8C6E-4491-8EF6-74EC6E2D417A.png3709B9B2-C854-4AF2-9C4B-63F5ECA3345A_1.p1A387CBA-62EE-4E92-85FD-CDF7118663A8.png

To a squad of:

Sigma Squadron Pilot (30) x 2, TIE Phantom (25), Intelligence Agent (1), Fire-Control System (2), Lightened Frame (2)

"Whisper” (39), TIE Phantom (32), Fire-Control System (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

I'm trying to brainstorm Squad leader Xizor and a mindlink scyk swarm.

I think the Prince and the Vets are too expensive for this. If you build Xizor without cutting corners he's going to come in at 39ish points. A Mindlink Heavy Scyk will be 20 before you give it a cannon. That's only going to give Xizor two ships with evades if you are using Mindlink and that's only while all the ships are still alive. You can fit in a forth Scyk if you drop down to the Cartel Spacers and only make 2 of them Heavy. 

Not finished reading this thread through, but GOOD. LORD. As if x7 Defenders needed anymore toys. I'm crapping my pants in fear of what Vess can do next to a couple x7 buddies. What on earth is going on.

Countdown vs Wampa would be initiative, not that it matters since its the same output.

Wampa HAS to be at the start, Countdown just says in the step so it could be immediately or after he rolls but before he suffers.

Boba crew wouldnt go off, since that has nothing to do with the dice. He was never dealt a faceup card.

Edited by Vineheart01

Sooo...Countdown versus Wampa or Boba Fett...based upon initiative, I presume?

With Wampa, you have to decide if you are canceling your attack dice without comparing the defense dice. If Wampa is attacking Countdown, then Wampa would be able to cancel first since Countdown doesn't happen until the "Compare Results" step. Either way, its only one damage and I'd gladly have Wampa do that for me since it's still 1 damage and Countdown isn't stressed then. 

Wampa is at the compare results step, its just at the start of it. Countdown doesnt specify what point, so they could conflict.

Again, it literally doesnt matter. In the end, all attack dice are removed and 1 facedown card is handed out.

edit: actually, it would be in Wampa's best interest to not even try. Countdown isnt going to have LF, and even if he did odds are its 2 dice so he wouldnt have the third defense. If Wampa does his ability, Countdown takes no stress. If he elects to not cancel his crit, it could potentially get dodged, or cause a stress AND the damage.

Edited by Vineheart01

I think LF is ok on the SF. Put Wired and Primed Thrusters on it and you will rarely care about the green maneuvers. If you want to bring it, FCS triggers when stressed as well, so you can modify just fine in case you roll a lot of blanks on attack. 2 points is ok, 0 would not be bad either.

Also, I could see it working well on ATC Vader, as much as you don't see the big guy anymore. 

Going toe to toe with Fenn Rau will be a fun experience.

Glad to see a loke minded guy out there. I love me some Fenn Rau and having an imperial that can punch like that would be great. Also Vader is one of my favorite pilots in the game. Let's bring the Big Guy back boys!

A very simple list thrown together, obvious as all get out.

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Adaptability (0)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Adaptability (0)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

That's Swarm Tactics, not Swarm Leader... And Swarm Leader is one too many points for this list.

But I like where you're going with the idea!

Also, I could see it working well on ATC Vader, as much as you don't see the big guy anymore. 

Going toe to toe with Fenn Rau will be a fun experience.

Glad to see a loke minded guy out there. I love me some Fenn Rau and having an imperial that can punch like that would be great. Also Vader is one of my favorite pilots in the game. Let's bring the Big Guy back boys!

A very simple list thrown together, obvious as all get out.

Darth Vader (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Adaptability (0)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Adaptability (0)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

That's Swarm Tactics, not Swarm Leader... And Swarm Leader is one too many points for this list.

But I like where you're going with the idea!

TIE Adv is one of the ships that get +4 greens from Mk2. You could give Vader Mk2 engines and either keep the 2pt init bid or take Tracers if you think you can set up a range3 targetlock extravaganza for the defenders and have a 1pt bid.

That, or just give him hull upgrade/SD for 3pts.

Vader, TIE/x1, ATC, Swarm Leader, Engine Upgrade = 37

5 Academy Pilots (or 4 more impressive TIE Fighters) = 60

You get a whole host of bodies for blocking, and Vader runs around doing 4+1crit dice attacks on people at PS9.  I love the idea of him spending the Evades of his underlings to get more damage.  Very Sith Lord.  The list has **** good firepower against Ghost/Decimator/YV666s as well.

TIE Advanced: •Darth Vader (33)

TIE/x1 (0)

Swarm Leader (3)

TIE Fighter: •"Howlrunner" (18)

Adaptability +1 (0)

TIE Fighter: Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 99/100

Best part is that you can make it so the range 3 TIEs are the ones losing their tokens, meaning their still a pretty lousy target.

Yeah, Swarm Leader is def the card to watch.

And in terms of giving Vader MK II... I prefer making points for the Engine Upgrade. He's no Soontir Fel, and there are times when he needs to get outta dodge. Less so, when set in a cluster like this, though.