348 posts in this topic

noooooooo,

the PS1 is 17 points

it should have been 16 to have a chance at viability :(

that bodes poorly for the other generic pilots

Definitely won't be buying more than 2 :(

Woot! All the strikers!

Now to actually read it...

So..... Stay On Target and dial in a speed 2 move, then? Because all the options....

Countdown is.....random. Only ever suffering one hit at a time is nice, I guess, but it's not exactly earthshaking in an (effectively) agility 3 ship.

It'll annoy the Fenn Raus of this world, I guess.

It's the same problem as Dark Curse - yes, you're cheap, and yes, you're a bugger to kill......but nothing forces me to shoot at you - not even the limited sop of Draw Their Fire.

Pure Sabbac is nice. An extra attack dice is nice, because a 4-dice attack from a cheap ship will force an opponent to shoot at him - especially since Veteran Instincts can make him PS8.

Also - Swarm Leader. Because [blasphemy/expletive/indelicacy] bloody TIE/x7 defenders, you can have a million attack dice.

Edited by Magnus Grendel
benskywalker, maxam, DR4CO and 3 others like this

Kek.

swx63-swarm-leader.png

It will be a hilarious card. Imagine the possibilities.

For example Norra with Swarm Leader, Ahsoka in the captured TIE with Rec Spec and another TIE, let's say Rex, plus some filler.

Oh, or Wedge with two TIEs and Jan Ors. Or Two A-wings.

Edited by eMeM
Wiredin, benskywalker and IG88E like this

Aww, sonafabitch; they stole* an upgrade idea from me again:

swx63-swarm-leader.png

Mine: 

EPT: Fire on my target

When attacking, you may place one weapons disabled token on up to three other friendly ships at range 1 that also have your target in their primary firing arc and have a lower pilot skill than you.  For each weapons disabled token you assign, add one [hit] result to your roll.

Mine's probably too wordy for an upgrade card, but still.

*I hadn't shown this to anyone and thought of it about a week ago, so maybe they didn't steal my idea technically....

Edited by Babaganoosh

noooooooo,

the PS1 is 17 points

To this point, this ship and its added upgrades feel overall expensive. Lightweight Frame seems like it is a fix for other 1 or 2 agi Tie ships but at 2 points feels like throwing more points at bad. However, I do think the PS1 is just ok at 17 points since he can boost for free (with the ailerons) and barrel roll, he feels like a good blocker so I would buy one but not more.

Dengar5 likes this

Lightweight Frame just made it possible for more survivable TIEs... Phantoms, Punishers, Bombers, TIE/sf...

Yes, interesting to see how useful it turns out to be on the lower agility members of the Tie family. Is it enough to make Punishers competitive?  :unsure:

clanofwolves likes this

Interesting trick with Countdown- The ability can be triggered even if you would only take one non-trivial damage, or even (If the situation is dire) if you weren't going to take any damage. Why would you do that? To get a stress token, and turn off Adaptive Aelirons.

maxam, ObiWonka, IG88E and 1 other like this

noooooooo,

the PS1 is 17 points

Seriously.  This presumably puts the elite generic at 19 if not 20.  19 is just about manageable but means your Striker crackswarm is just 4 basic Strikers without any support, or 4 and Howl.  20 means lol, only 4 with useful EPTs, which is pretty bad.

I'm probably only getting one if that's the case.

Lightweight Frame similarly is really nice for this, and the /sf, but pretty useless to any other TIE except just maybe Deathrain - bombers want LRS or Chimps, so do non-Deathrain Punishers.  A tough disappointing, especially for the price.  it's going to be a solid defensive upgrade for Backdraft though, putting him at Defender levels of durability with the right loadout (Lone Wolf, Sensor Jammer, this) for similar points.

Swarm Leader though.  Wowsa, Kylo or RAC with this and a mini crack swarm.  6 or 7 dice, who needs Gunner?

Pure Sabacc and Countdown are semi interesting, Duchess is still gonna be aces at 25 points for PS10 with pseudoboost.

Lightweight Frame just made it possible for more survivable TIEs... Phantoms, Punishers, Bombers, TIE/sf...

Which Phantom are you putting it on, the ones that have ACD or the ones that have SPA?  They have mods basically welded to them already.  Same with Punishers and Bombers.  This is only really helpful to the Striker and /sf.

Where are we able to see the generics? Can't find them in the article..

They only put details in for the PS1, it's in one of the hyperlinks.  Click any of the images and scroll through them, it's the best way to get the actual content without needing to read the article writers' hilarious misunderstandings of the rules.

Also, that DIAL.  Really, really interesting dial, especially with Ailerons.