Sign in to follow this  
Lovecraft

Opinions needed...

In theory it should work just fine. The problem is that the current card pool is probably too small to build interesting decks with only 1 copy per card. However, when the first cycle of battle packs and Assault on Ulthuan has been released there should be enough options.

Rakshasa said:

I think I would personally prefer Warhammer Invasion if there was just one of each card in a deck.

Cool. Someone is for my idea. A lot of the people I invite to play COC story mode hate it. My gaming group is exactly 7 cuz of it.

Story Mode or Highlander (the term that is used in the Magic-Community) certainly has some appeal. IMO it rewards creative deckbuilding and play much more than the standard mode of play, because you simply cannot rely on the best cards.

Exactly! That's why I've taken to draft with Invasion - you don't get the ability to rely on the perfect components for the Killa Orc Rush Dekk that all the cool kids are talking about, and have to learn to work with a wider pool of cards, some of which are less than ideal but can be better used with a little ingenuity. So the idea of one of each card per deck is somewhat appealling too.

I haven't tried the draft format, but I think it's a great idea.  For the LCG games there are definitely some cards that are really killer.  With such a limited pool and therefore a limited number of responses available to counter them...maybe making some limited to 1-per-deck would be good.  However, over time those really powerful cards will likely become less so.  I can't wait to see what the first cycle provides us with.

But if fluff were anything to consider these are for the most part supposed to be vast armies so having one of a named character makes sense having only one of the grunts not so much.... at least thats what comes to mind when i think of story mode. But the basic concept or only one of each card is appealling.

You weren't referring to the deck building format where in players just build decks from a card pool that assumes they've bought only one of each CHAPTER/BATTLE PACK are you?

THAT format, and a Highlander format are significantly different...