Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

We need a new sub-forum for the CCL

While I appreciate reading up on the CCL (the rules, voting, etc.), I really don't think it is necesssary to flood the main forum with all of these proposed CCL cards, asking for feedback.

Any chance those heading up / running this league would be interested in working with the Mods to get a new sub-forum, and moving all of these [CCL] posts to that sub-forum?

Actually having the one thread last time was a big hassle becaus wit was impossible to follow different ideas in one thread. I've been instructing people to start new threads for their custom card ideas.

If it bugs you, just remember that there's usually at least 2-3 X wing title fix or fix the whatever threads running on this page at any given moment. This isn't actually that different from business as usual

That said there IS a lot of those threads

Edited by Babaganoosh

While I appreciate reading up on the CCL (the rules, voting, etc.), I really don't think it is necesssary to flood the main forum with all of these proposed CCL cards, asking for feedback.

Any chance those heading up / running this league would be interested in working with the Mods to get a new sub-forum, and moving all of these [CCL] posts to that sub-forum?

I completely agree we need this. I was worried about this bloating but was following the instructions that were given on the CCL thread.

I mean, sure, a whole sub forum for my pet project would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath and there isnt a better place to put these threads in the meantime. And putting all the expansions in one thread is really not as good as individual threads. Sorry for the mess!

If it bugs you, just remember that there's usually at least 2-3 X wing title fix or fix the whatever threads running on this page at any given moment. This isn't actually that different from business as usual.

Much as I love the CCL, I have to call you out on this one. Right now 11/30 threads on the front page are thanks to us, which seems pretty excessive to me. We should probably at least try to contain ourselves to one thread per person, which would reduce the volume by a considerable amount. But honestly, I never found the single megathread to be a particular problem getting feedback. It was a big issue as a submission form, but you've already solved that problem.

@Babaganoosh ...

I can certainly appreciate the fact that trying to put all of the CCL posts in one thread, and maintain some semblance of order would be a nightmare ... just following everything would be crazy.

This is why I suggested a sub-forum.  I realize you definitely don't have control over the ability to create said sub-forum, etc., but perhaps a discussion with a mod could lead to some assistance.

I certainly would rather you get the sub-forum than have the mods just delete all of the CCL stuff because someone reported it.  I would like to have the ability to read up on this stuff ... I just didn't want it affecting the main forum as much as it has.

Oh well ... just a thought.

What does CCL stand for?

Custom Created Lambda's?

Customer Craved Lewdness?

Crying Children Loophole?

Central Communist Leadership?

Custom Card League?

Captain Crazy's Loonies?

Edited by Cununculus

The X wing fixes are arguably about the game itself while this is more distantly related. Then again, the turnover on the forum is so quick, and it's not as if it is going to take months.

Or abuse the Mission Control forum, that is largely dead anyway.

I don't see the problem with a small group of players creating 13+ concurrent threads in the general X-Wing forum for their custom cards. It's not like they are billionaires and can just bundle all that enthusiasm up and start their own forum way off in the deep Web where no one will ever see these threads again. So quit your belly aching and just read around them, there's still plenty of room for all the other super interesting topics around here like the mystery of SWX58 and costing snafus. As you were.