Sign in to follow this  
Showtimebrad

Lack of 2016 Worlds YouTube Coverage

Does anyone know why this is? You can watch most of important 2015 Worlds games on YouTube, but I haven't been able to find any for 2016. Besides people talking about it.

Anyone know where I can go to watch these if not youtube?

Both FFG and Gold Squadron Podcast have Twitch content archived and FFG just added the final table footage to their YouTube account. 

There will certainly be more to follow as FFG slowly edits and publishes their matches. TBD if Gold Squadron does the same. 

In general, though, to answer your question: FFG's license on Star Wars IP is run by Disney, who has an iron-grip on such things as streaming, especially for third-parties (i.e. Team Covenant). It's a difficult process, from what I've heard - you need a license application submitted a year in advance* of the event. 

And before anyone says, "Don't blame Disney because..." I will point out that there is an overwhelming number of third-parties willing to stream/publish games pro-bono but are not allowed or don't have the resources to acquire licenses and jump through hoops - plus, they're doing all this work for nothing. I don't blame them for not wanting to do so.

The buck stops at Disney, plain and simple. 

*sources needed