Sign in to follow this  
sf1raptor

[CCL] Y-TIE. Feedback please.

Ok, so I'm hoping to enter this into the CCL, and since I'm not getting photobucket to just put card on here(and have another think to remember) I'll just post it like I've always done.

Y-TIE:

Stats: 2 4 1

Upgrades: torpedo, turret, salvage-mech, illicit, mod, and title.

Actions: TL, Focus.

Pilots:

Outer Rim Pilot: PS1, 15 squad point, "A common "ugly" built from the remains of Y-wings and TIE fighters, these odd craft were often used by pirates, mercenaries, and militias that could not afford production line fighters."

Militia Ace: PS3, 17 squad points, "While the Y-TIE could be deadly in numbers, most were unable to fight off production fighters alone."

*Aku'No: PS5, EPT, 21 squad points, "After you perform a speed 1 <rightbank> or <leftbank>, if you are not touching another ship, you may turn your ships base 90* in the direction of the maneuver, then receive 1 stress token."

*Khanda Tabor: EPT, 22 squad points, "When attacking or defending roll one additional die. After rolling, cancel one die result."

Upgrades:

*Well Engineered: title, 2 squad points, "The first time you are told to discard a <modification> or <turret>, for any reason, do not discard it.

Treat speed 2 <leftbank>, and <rightbank> maneuvers and speed 3 <straight> as green maneuvers."

L-s1 Laser Cannons: turret, 4 squad points, "When you perform a primary weapons attack between range 1-2 in arc you may increase your primary weapon value by 2, to a maximum of 4. If you do this, roll one attack die. On a <hit> result, discard this card."

*R3-J20: salvage-mech, 1 squad point, "When you are attacking or defending, you and your opponent must ignore all range bonuses."

*G3-D9  "Jee": salvage-mech, 1 squad point, small ship only, "<action>
Receive one <evade> token, then roll one evade die. On a <focus> result, receive one stress token."

Plasma Torpedo, Deadman's switch, Marksmanship, Outlaw Tech.

Dial:

Green: straight 1 and 2.
White: banks 1 and 2, hard 2, straight 3
Red: turns 1, banks 3, turns 3, straight 4

EDIT: Stat line, cost, Khanda Tabor's ability, G3-D9 "Jee"s ability.

EDIT 2: You can now see the cards!
Edited by sf1raptor

I like it...the base PS1 even seems a little overcosted, but not worth worrying about...

...have to say, though, that despite the interesting Mech upgrades, I'd be tempted to just go with the Title and Unhinged Astro, to give a nice green dial  <_< maybe near 10 points worth of dial improvement for 3...but then, that's why Unhinged is so popular on the Y, I guess  :unsure:

Edited by ianmiddy

Can it move? because the most important thing is it takes the wings from a TIE... the body from a Y-Wing.... so er has no engines .... :P

You take a ball cockpit with the window smashed out, and a Ywing broken up at the "neck" of the wishbone.

Insert Tab A into Slot B, and rewire.

There. Tie wings AND ENGINES, YWing guns and shields.

I like it...the base PS1 even seems a little overcosted, but not worth worrying about...

...have to say, though, that despite the interesting Mech upgrades, I'd be tempted to just go with the Title and Unhinged Astro, to give a nice green dial <_< maybe near 10 points worth of dial improvement for 3...but then, that's why Unhinged is so popular on the Y, I guess :unsure:

I'll admit, that's why Well Engineered is a unique, that and good Y-TIEs are rare. Any ideas on how to counter that. Edited by sf1raptor

...have to say, though, that despite the interesting Mech upgrades, I'd be tempted to just go with the Title and Unhinged Astro, to give a nice green dial <_< maybe near 10 points worth of dial improvement for 3...but then, that's why Unhinged is so popular on the Y, I guess :unsure:

I'll admit, that's why Well Engineered is a unique, that and good Y-TIEs are rare. Any ideas on how to counter that.

I'm not sure it needs countering...as you say, it's a unique combo and getting the green 2-banks is probably more significant than the 3's - it's a bit like Kavil vs Thug builds, gives that little extra edge...although that's a thought - a poorer version of Thugs Life, quintuple TLT's  :D

I'll admit, that's why Well Engineered is a unique, that and good Y-TIEs are rare. Any ideas on how to counter that.

I'm not sure it needs countering...as you say, it's a unique combo and getting the green 2-banks is probably more significant than the 3's - it's a bit like Kavil vs Thug builds, gives that little extra edge...although that's a thought - a poorer version of Thugs Life, quintuple TLT's  :D

Ok. Thanks.

Im not a big fan of Khanfa. Dont really like having anpilot ability that only triggers if you equip one specific upgrade in angiven upgrade slot

Neither do I, but FFG has set this precedent with "Duchess" in the TIE Striker pack.

Not the same thing at all. The duchess triggers off of having a free title that has literally nothing else competing for it. The ONLY reason you would want to not take aelerons is because its a must, and you might not want to always do it. Her ability making it a may turns it into an autoinclude like the arc and sf titles. This one is requiring you to equip a specidic agromech that is not free and has a lot of competing options.

Im not a big fan of Khanfa. Dont really like having anpilot ability that only triggers if you equip one specific upgrade in angiven upgrade slot

Neither do I, but FFG has set this precedent with "Duchess" in the TIE Striker pack.

Not the same thing at all. The duchess triggers off of having a free title that has literally nothing else competing for it. The ONLY reason you would want to not take aelerons is because its a must, and you might not want to always do it. Her ability making it a may turns it into an autoinclude like the arc and sf titles. This one is requiring you to equip a specidic agromech that is not free and has a lot of competing options.

Ok. I forgot that aileronswere free. How about he just gets a crew slot?

I did not see that the astromech costs. Consider my statement retracted.

Maybe. i dont love addding a crew slot as the pilot ability (what does the pilot have to do with that?). Id rather see a title or something for that. Maybe you give up the turret slot to gain a crew slot (since the idea in the ywing is that the second person is operating the turret), a la b-wing e2

Maybe. i dont love addding a crew slot as the pilot ability (what does the pilot have to do with that?). Id rather see a title or something for that. Maybe you give up the turret slot to gain a crew slot (since the idea in the ywing is that the second person is operating the turret), a la b-wing e2

Ok. Looks like I need to think of a knew ability then. Maybe I could include a zero cost unique title that plays the same way as Khanda's ability plays now. How about this for a pilot ability? "When attacking or defending roll one additional die. After rolling, cancel one die result." Edited by sf1raptor

So, from a thematic perspective (see wookiepedia), I find the statline a little odd.  2 attack actually seems a little low, since this ship is described as having more punch than a TIE, and the 3 hull and 1 shield also seem low considering it was described as 'comparatively durable'.  

If I was coming up with something based off wookiepedia, I would probably be somewhere around 3/2/4/2.  I guess that's a bit close to the space where the Kihraxz lives, though.  

That ones kinda cool. Keeps the 2'die attack, but makes it more accurate

Thanks. That'll be what I go with.  

So, from a thematic perspective (see wookiepedia), I find the statline a little odd.  2 attack actually seems a little low, since this ship is described as having more punch than a TIE, and the 3 hull and 1 shield also seem low considering it was described as 'comparatively durable'.  

If I was coming up with something based off wookiepedia, I would probably be somewhere around 3/2/4/2.  I guess that's a bit close to the space where the Kihraxz lives, though.

Well, the extra punch was from the L-s1s mounted to the turret, so that's what the L-s1 Laser Cannons are for. And I think your right about the health. I think I'll just add a hull. She is still a piece of junk after all.

First off, props to all of your thoughtfulness and design prowess, efforts well played!

However, even though your proposal is intriguing, personally, it's disturbing. Very well thought out, but it seems to me it is akin to a railway disaster....it will be hard for anyone to look away, but it isn't something good....no matter how you view it.

First off, props to all of your thoughtfulness and design prowess, efforts well played!

However, even though your proposal is intriguing, personally, it's disturbing. Very well thought out, but it seems to me it is akin to a railway disaster....it will be hard for anyone to look away, but it isn't something good....no matter how you view it.

Well...they're called "uglies" for a reason.

Keep in mind that the expansion submission formats generally support up to a total of 5 upgrade cards: 0-1 auto include title, and 3-4 custom upgrades. You'll need to drop a few upgrades to meet the limit

Ok. I already knew I was dropping the crew, so I just need to pick two of the mechs.