Sign in to follow this  
KrisWall

Available at Target - Confirmed

Well, at least one Target in PA anyways.  Just saw a picture in our local FB group.  No Starters, but they had some Boosters in the CCG aisle.  I'm going to check my Target on the way home.

I've been told by a Target employee that the little card aisle is stocked and maintained by an outside vendor. So what you find there differs from store to store.

Makes a ton of sense.  Availability is probably regional then.  I'll check mine later today, but I'm not optimistic.  The picture I saw was taken by a guy I know from inside the store.  I have no reason to disbelieve him.

It took me longer to explain (and then wait) what I was looking for to the three customer service idiots at my local targets than it would take for me to drive to the darn stores and look for myself.  Goodness!  I know it's not the greatest job in the world, but it wouldn't hurt if they could at least ATTEMPT to be competent.  In any case...0-for-3 around me.

Well, at least one Target in PA anyways.  Just saw a picture in our local FB group.  No Starters, but they had some Boosters in the CCG aisle.  I'm going to check my Target on the way home.

That was a fake post. It was the Star Wars trading cards out of focus.

That was a fake post. It was the Star Wars trading cards out of focus.

Ah.  Bummer.

Hey Kriswall, I too am from PA. What is your local playgroup name on facebook?

I'll check later.  I'm at work right now.  If you search for "Philadelphia New Jersey Star Wars X-Wing" you'll definitely find it.  It's a long name with tons of keywords to make it easier to search for.  Let me know if you can't find it.

i doubt this will ever make it to mass retail, seeing as the whole ASMODEE thing focuses on hobby stores. 

Target sells the X-Wing Starter as well as a few other FFG games.  Barnes and Noble sells a ton of FFG stuff...  full line of X-Wing, Armada, some Imperial Assault and other board games.

i doubt this will ever make it to mass retail, seeing as the whole ASMODEE thing focuses on hobby stores. 

I'm not a betting man... but if I was, this Christmas is going to shake up Asmodee's relationships with FFG.  The "ethical" support of hobby shops will result in a lower than expected 4th quarter.  You know what they say about money talking and what walks...

I'm not a betting man... but if I was, this Christmas is going to shake up Asmodee's relationships with FFG. The "ethical" support of hobby shops will result in a lower than expected 4th quarter. You know what they say about money talking and what walks...

Right, that's why they're pushing their product into local stores in the first place. High volume e-tailers were just devaluing FFG's products, and while 'ethical support' is a perfectly valid reason, I'm sure that's just marketing talk to lessen consumer backlash over less cheap goods online. Or maybe you know something about turning a profit that Asmodee doesn't...

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

If you take a look at the trading card section at Target, either up front by the register or back in the Toy aisle, Destiny is a product that would fit in perfectly. That's why people think it is likely.

If you are selling out all your stock quickly at lgs then there is no reason (and no product available for) going into big box.

I purchased mine after seeing it demoed at my lgs, the people I am now playing with I met at my lgs. Long term this drives more sales and keeps the game growing... If you can sell your full inventory outto lgs it makes more sense to sell it there and not at a big box. If you end up producing more then you are selling to lgs then move that extra product into big box if you can to help move through your stock.

Long story short with the game selling out quickly at lgs I would be shocked to see them divert stock to big box retailers, until production can outstrip demand you won't see it at big box stores.