Babaganoosh

Announcing: Custom Card League Season 2

337 posts in this topic

I was thinking about the Volt Cobra. I'd have to make overall estimated guesses as to what exact kind of YT model it is, but I have some great ideas for it such as:

- 2 Mobile Firing Arcs BUT NO PRIMARY 

- Action bar that contains: Focus, Target Lock, Mobile Arc Turn (can turn both in 1 action), AND SLAM

- Volt Cobra title card that allows you to SLAM 1 maneuver speed faster than the maneuver speed you performed in that activation phase

- Probably an overall health of 9-10, 1 or 2 Evade dice (still debating), and 2 attack dice, ALTHOUGH if you overlap your firing arcs in the same area or if the ship you are attacking is in both firing arcs, then the attack value increases to 3. 

- One obvious pilot being Sana Starros, beyond that, I'll have to do a little more research. 

- At least one crew option and probably Illicit, more research to determine further potential upgrades. 

- A dial similar to the Shadowcaster.

I haven't read the full comics myself so I can't say for sure Rebels or Scum, but I'm going to assume Rebels unless someone else can clarify if that does/doesn't make sense. 

Thoughts? 

Might be tricky doing a 2-mobile arc ship, but I like mobile arcs in general.  Attack 2 base is also fairly weak for a turret; be careful to take that into account during your costing and tests, or bump it to a more reliable 3 base attack.  If I were you, I'd think about turning one of those mobile arcs into a turret weapon upgrade.  

Playing with the SLAM action is also interesting. Just be careful with the dial; it might be OP if you allow the ship to SLAM into a flip-around maneuver (K-turn, S-loop, T-roll).

VanderLegion likes this

I haven't read the full comics myself so I can't say for sure Rebels or Scum, but I'm going to assume Rebels unless someone else can clarify if that does/doesn't make sense. 

Thoughts? 

I would say Sana fits a lot better as scum

Didn't do CCL 1 but I'll give this a shot.

Got some ideas for a Punisher aces I might try. Also want to try my Hand at the Vulture and Hyeena Droids but I'm not sure which to pick at this stage.

Babaganoosh likes this

What other custom ships are people thinking of submitting?

I'm going to be taking another crack at the Scimitar Assault Bomber, my pet project.  I'll also be doing an Imperial Faction aces pack.

Some things I want to do:

Rebel Veterans

Heroes of the Empire 

N1 Starfighter (pilots already done, need title, upgrades, and a very unique dial)

maybe a Scum aces pack

Can I re-submit expansions I did for the CCL1 but were not chosen? (TIE Hunter, for instance)

Will the CCL1 cards carry to the CCL2, even if re-submitted for approval? I adjusted a lot of things in the Assault Gunboat (including a flat +2 squad points to all ships) and it would be very sad if those creations didn't have a chance to carry over to next tournaments...

One more thing: are the aces packs limited to two ships? (because I have material to include 3 ships for both my Rebel and my Imperial aces)

Babaganoosh likes this

What other custom ships are people thinking of submitting?

I'm going to be taking another crack at the Scimitar Assault Bomber, my pet project.  I'll also be doing an Imperial Faction aces pack.

Some things I want to do:

Rebel Veterans

Heroes of the Empire 

N1 Starfighter (pilots already done, need title, upgrades, and a very unique dial)

maybe a Scum aces pack

Can I re-submit expansions I did for the CCL1 but were not chosen? (TIE Hunter, for instance)

Will the CCL1 cards carry to the CCL2, even if re-submitted for approval? I adjusted a lot of things in the Assault Gunboat (including a flat +2 squad points to all ships) and it would be very sad if those creations didn't have a chance to carry over to next tournaments...

One more thing: are the aces packs limited to two ships? (because I have material to include 3 ships for both my Rebel and my Imperial aces)

Only cards that made it into the CCL extension are off-limits for submission this season. The TIE hunter would be fine to submit.

As for cards that were in the expansion, we still need to run a vote (in which only people who played in the CCL tournament can vote) to see what the verdicts are on the season 1 cards.

Your expansions are always pretty well-polished, but I'll probably cap total submissions around 4, including special allowances; keep that in mind when deciding what you want to submit.

The max number of ships you can have in an aces pack is 2. Three is starting to be too much for one individual submission.

Edited by Babaganoosh

Everyone can submit two expansions.

You can submit up to two more, but I may or may not accept them, depending on how many entries we have for the category and how high the overall quality of the expansion is.

If you want to submit 3 or 4 expansions, make sure your cards look good, seem reasonably balanced, and don't have any wording errors. If you do stuff to test your expansion beforehand on the table, that helps a lot too.

I suggest starting new threads to solicit feedback.  You can get more focused discussions that way, as opposed to using the main threads for development.

What do you think about starting a thread strictly for feedback on CCL expansions Baba, or just letting that happen here? While posting a specific thread for a full expansion should be fine, I imagine there will be a lot of us who want feedback on specific cards and such as we are creating/testing them.

I suggest starting new threads to solicit feedback.  You can get more focused discussions that way, as opposed to using the main threads for development.

What do you think about starting a thread strictly for feedback on CCL expansions Baba, or just letting that happen here? While posting a specific thread for a full expansion should be fine, I imagine there will be a lot of us who want feedback on specific cards and such as we are creating/testing them.

People are free to post here, of course, (can't stop em anyway)  but I think its generally easier to make individual threads for expansions and even just specific cards.  Otherwise its hard to keep focused.  I'm happy to have some discussion on this thread since it keeps it running and getting more views from the community at large, though.

Currently on vassal testing Bwing stuff

Game name is Jim

Edit: Breaking news, 3 bwings cannot joust 2 Tie/D defenders and 2 tie fighters.:P

Edited by Rakaydos

January 15 is when I officially start taking submissions.

February 1 is the first deadline, and it's only for Rebel expansions. The imperial and scum deadlines will follow some weeks later

I suggest using the time to refine and test your ideas!

Edited by Babaganoosh