lmartin91

Custom Maps for Scenarios *UPdated 11/7/17

Omg! Ok I'm so using that Curse map for demo day. Brilliant work!

What size are these meant to be printed at?

The dimensions are 23x25 but you could get away with 24x24 probably. That way the size of the locations fits the size of the cards.

These are awesome!  Where/how do you recommend printing?  As a play mat?  Sadly I don't have access to a plotter printer so not sure what my options are.  Would LOVE to have these printed out even as just paper to lay on top of the standard 4 player mat...

These are awesome!  Where/how do you recommend printing?  As a play mat?  Sadly I don't have access to a plotter printer so not sure what my options are.  Would LOVE to have these printed out even as just paper to lay on top of the standard 4 player mat...

I'm pretty sure Staples or Kinkos can do it and maybe even laminate it for you.

Imartin91, first I love what you created.  As a photo guy I have a couple suggestions to make these really shine printed in large format.  Also, I am more than happy to help fix them if you want any assistance (including hosting for the large files).  I enlarged them but there is a fair amount of image noise around the words.

1. Ppi (pixels per inch) is set to 72 which is great for web but terrible for print.  Magazine photo's and anything for high print quality should be 300. Printing what you posted would only look good at 5x6 inches. The images need to be 6,900 x 7,500 pixels to print at 23x25 inches.
  2. When you zoom in a bit you see a lot of artifacts around the text (that font is awesome btw).
  3. Standard large format print sizes don't match 23x25.  I suggest formatting it to either 24x24 or 24x30 since these are standard sizes.

These are just my suggestions for getting these printed and looking great.  If you print what you posted in anything close to 23x25 I think you might be disappointed in how it turns out.  I have full blown Photoshop and Perfect Resize Pro 9 for enlarging images.  If you want any help in enlarging them or if you enlarge them and want file hosting let me know via a message here.

I can resize to 300 dpi no problem. Do I also set the canvas size to 24x24?  Gimp is telling me the resulting file size is going to be over 500 mb. I'm not sure of the proper way to set up things. I can do this shortly if you're still on to reply.

What are the white spaces next to the locations for? On the first map? The 2nd map doesn't have something like that.

It's for placing the enemies, location effects, etc.  I opted to leave it out on the 2nd map because I didn't want to deter from the map.

I can resize to 300 dpi no problem. Do I also set the canvas size to 24x24?  Gimp is telling me the resulting file size is going to be over 500 mb. I'm not sure of the proper way to set up things. I can do this shortly if you're still on to reply.

Once you save the file as a jpeg it will reduce that 500 MB to something around 20 MB (at least it did for me using Photoshop).  Again if you need a place to host the files without ads or anything else let me know.  I have a paid MediaFire account.

I will be on here for another hour and watch for any questions.

Edited by Steeljaw

Except ... in Curse doesn't it only put three sets of locations in play? One is set aside entirely, one is put into play, and two are set aside to be brought in later.

Correct, you will only use 3 of the 'neighborhoods' and it should be different everytime you play.

Yeah, I also would like to see these in a standard format to download from.  This is an amazing start, but as is when actually printed out to size it just doesn't look good and I am not efficient at making this happen through my own means.

Hi Imartin91. The one I printed (see a couple of images earlier) fits the small character cards perfectly, but the larger location cards, fog cards or monster cards are just to large and won't fit in the boxes.

I would love to see this matt resized for the standard american sized cards, amazing work!

Jason

Yeah, appreciate the Rougarou map.  I printed it out the other day before the new upload, but the new upload looks pretty crisp.  I'll give the new one a shot this week when at work on their larger printer and replace the old one.

I thought the size of the location for cards was off because the location rectangles are considerably smaller than the cards themselves, but it worked out great that way.  No need to be able to see the rectangle under it once a card is put down.  This may not be the case on the other mat that has not been updated yet since there are places for more than just location cards.