Sign in to follow this  
yakface

How to "fix" all the ships. The "Refurbished" title.

Yes, again this post, sorry. It's just an idea I have.

A Title, cost 0 :

"Your upgrade bar loses 1 Torpedo or 1 Missile upgrade icon and gain 1 Tech upgrade icon. You cannot equip a Tech card that costs more than 3 squad points. You cannot equip this card if you already have at least 1 Tech upgrade icon."

And that's all, fairly simple. X-wing, E-wing, Khiraxz, Firespray, Punisher, Starviper, even the z-95 and low PS pilots... all of them are "fixed". It's like a "refurbished" ship. Yes, it's possible to use it at other ships that doesn't need a fix, like the YV-666 or the Jumpmaster but it's not giving them an important advantage (just look at the tech upgrades), and you have to choose between the ship specific title or this new generic one.

Yeaaa Patter/PtL combo for anyone! Sensor cluster for interceptors! Weapons guidance for Dash!

No.

Just no.

The interceptor doesn't have a missile or torpedo.

And?

" You cannot equip this card if you already have at least 1 Tech upgrade icon." 

I don't see any more restrictions, at least not in this specific wording - its only saying i am loosing a slot not that i have to have one.

Well this is coming down to syntax but I would argue that if you don't satisfy the condition ' Your upgrade bar loses 1 Torpedo or 1 Missile upgrade icon' you cannot then apply the next part 'and gain 1 Tech upgrade icon'.

i.e. if you don't have it, you cant lose it, and therefore haven't satisfied the conditions that allow you to equip the title.  Maybe the OP can clarify this.

But as an aside, lets not forget that the interceptor already has a title which lets it take 2 modifications so they would lose this.

Well this is coming down to syntax but I would argue that if you don't satisfy the condition ' Your upgrade bar loses 1 Torpedo or 1 Missile upgrade icon' you cannot then apply the next part 'and gain 1 Tech upgrade icon'.

i.e. if you don't have it, you cant lose it, and therefore haven't satisfied the conditions that allow you to equip the title.  Maybe the OP can clarify this.

But as an aside, lets not forget that the interceptor already has a title which lets it take 2 modifications so they would lose this.

Well usually if you cannot go negative in xwing card is specifi about that (expose, crit), so...

But i agree chnge of syntax would do the trick - im just salty today :P

And still i don't thing tech is "the way". Mostly cause most of those ships are fine at their role - need specific push not a generic one overpowering some ships that are ok already.

ps. And guess i would trade SD on soontir for Sensor Cluster any day. Or VCX with comms relay. No thanks.

Edited by Vitalis

Hmm... I see the problem. But obviously you must have the torpedo or missile upgrade icon. Also I think the last sentence have to say: " You cannot equip this title if you already have at least 1 Tech upgrade icon."

But, hey, thanks to all the replies, it's great to see some feedback. And I didn't make a modification card because it will be a real overpowered problem.

Edited by yakface