Sign in to follow this  
Jarval

U Wing Preview is up

Youre not taking inspiring over 4lom if you want a snowball's chance in hell of hitting an ace

Likewise decis have far better options

Fenn can mindlink, and mindlink has proven to be apparently very good. The stress bit is far less painful than people imagine, esp from my experience plsying against it

For whatever reason, Stress control has yet to figure enough into the competitive meta enough to make the loss of actionless dice modifications worth goving up. All weve really seen is single stress asajj at worlds

People are probably too fixated on dengaroo to run stress control

Chewie - Rage, Ezra, Inspiring Rookie

Outer Rim - C3po, Kanan

I haven't done the math on this one... but the theory is keep Kanan close enough to lift the stress off Chewie while he does chewie things.

Even more fun... but will probably fail.

Etahn Abaht (sp?) - Snapshot, R3A2, FCS

Super predictable list to fly, fun, not very competitive, but lol Etahn. 

What is the point in smugly adding disclaimers that some people enjoy playing with bad cards

Because "bad" is highly subjective.

But in a discussion of the merits of a new release when people's hard earned money is on the line, letting people know you like cards that aren't good is important because

There's a fundamental difference between saying "I like this card" or "I don't like this card" and saying "This card is bad" or "This card is awesome". Both are subjective statements fundamental to an individual playing style. For example, I personally, have no love for Palp Aces, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means I don't like it as it doesn't suit the way I like to play this game.

Do you inject that commentary into every post about Palp Aces?

A) This is a thread discussing the new expansion, almost exclusively, and its contents. Remind me why you're upset that people are discussing the expansion's contents?

B) If you have a problem with people discussing their opinions, I suggesting removing yourself from social media altogether.

What's the point of having a forum if not to discuss these things? WTF else would you suggest we do on this site?

Outer Rim - C3po, Kanan

I haven't done the math on this one... but the theory is keep Kanan close enough to lift the stress off Chewie while he does chewie things.

Even more fun... but will probably fail.

Etahn Abaht (sp?) - Snapshot, R3A2, FCS

Super predictable list to fly, fun, not very competitive, but lol Etahn.

For a second i read "inspiring rookie" as "inspiring Wookiee"

How would Inspiring Recruit (once per turn when a friendly ship at range 1-2 removes a stress token it may remove 1 additional stress token) work with Epsilon Leader (at the beginning of the combat phase you may remove 1 stress token from each friendly ship at range 1)? Would you be able to remove up to 2 stress from all ships in range 1 of him? Or would you only be able to remove 2 stress from 1 ship amd 1 from the rest of them?

As a lover of r3a2, i dont feel the least bit threatened by inspiring

It costs a point and a crew slot, neither of which are particularly available in current meta lists nor important emough to include since r3a2, despite its amazingness, isnt seen as a topeta threat

I dpubt youll see much of inspiring without direct synergy in the list, such as rage

Drop it on Braylen Strammhog

What is the point in smugly adding disclaimers that some people enjoy playing with bad cards

Because "bad" is highly subjective.

But in a discussion of the merits of a new release when people's hard earned money is on the line, letting people know you like cards that aren't good is important because

There's a fundamental difference between saying "I like this card" or "I don't like this card" and saying "This card is bad" or "This card is awesome". Both are subjective statements fundamental to an individual playing style. For example, I personally, have no love for Palp Aces, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means I don't like it as it doesn't suit the way I like to play this game.

Do you inject that commentary into every post about Palp Aces?

A) This is a thread discussing the new expansion, almost exclusively, and its contents. Remind me why you're upset that people are discussing the expansion's contents?

B) If you have a problem with people discussing their opinions, I suggesting removing yourself from social media altogether.

What's the point of having a forum if not to discuss these things? WTF else would you suggest we do on this site?

If you go back and reread my posts you would find that's exactly my point.

How would Inspiring Recruit (once per turn when a friendly ship at range 1-2 removes a stress token it may remove 1 additional stress token) work with Epsilon Leader (at the beginning of the combat phase you may remove 1 stress token from each friendly ship at range 1)? Would you be able to remove up to 2 stress from all ships in range 1 of him? Or would you only be able to remove 2 stress from 1 ship amd 1 from the rest of them?

Or would you only be able to remove 2 stress from 1 ship amd 1 from the rest of them?

This, its "a friendly ship at" not "all friendly ships at"

Edit: Also, compare with Kanan Jarrus (Crew) wording.

Edited by kris40k

Impossible. I can't remind you of something when I never told you in the first place. It's a logical fallacy to remind you of something that you never knew in the first place.

Or what?

I believe we're having a discussion. I'm just not agreeing with them, thus the discussion. Please try to keep up.

One ship would remove 2.

Note that the Inspiring words doesnt say "You may remove another stress" which would leave it in limbo as to who is actually removing stress, but "it may remove 1 addition" indicates it HAS to be on the same ship.

While Epsilon leader removes 1 stress from every ship at once, multiple triggers do not give you multiple results unless it isnt a limited result. Recruit triggers on whatever ship you want it to, the others remove 1.

As a lover of r3a2, i dont feel the least bit threatened by inspiring

It costs a point and a crew slot, neither of which are particularly available in current meta lists nor important emough to include since r3a2, despite its amazingness, isnt seen as a topeta threat

I dpubt youll see much of inspiring without direct synergy in the list, such as rage

Drop it on Braylen Strammhog

mule*

But its worthless on him without gunner for the potential double self stress

If you mean against him, eh

Just means youre hampering yourself v everything else in the game UNLESS you have specific synergy built in

Everything else in the game is a lot, turns out

See, the thing with inspiring is that it is utterly worthless without

1. Synergy

2. Opposing stress tech, which is not common nowadays

3. Someone who loves debris to an unhealthy degree

Otherwise it actually literally does nothing

Edited by ficklegreendice

I think Inspiring Recruits doesnt interact with Cassian pilot, as it requires the ship to remove its own stress token to trigger. Same with wingman and kanan (while in other ship)

I don't see any reason that it doesn't work. Cassian can remove 1 stress token from another friendly at rage 1-2. Inspired Recruit says that when a friendly ship (Cassian in this case) would remove 1 stress token, it can remove and addional 1. Cassian would remove 2 stress from the ship he is removing stress from.

Cassian Andor (Pilot):

"At the start of the Activation phase you may remove 1 stress token from 1 other friendly ship at Range 1-2."

swx62-inspiring-recruit.png

Edited by WWHSD

Impossible. I can't remind you of something when I never told you in the first place. It's a logical fallacy to remind you of something that you never knew in the first place.

Or what?

I believe we're having a discussion. I'm just not agreeing with them, thus the discussion. Please try to keep up.

This wasn't aimed at you, but thanks for responding lol 

mule*

But its worthless on him without gunner for the potential double self stress

Potential? I thought you hate depending on randomness.

See, the thing with inspiring is that it is utterly worthless without

1. Synergy

2. Opposing stress tech, which is not common nowadays

3. Someone who loves debris to an unhealthy degree

Otherwise it actually literally does nothing

Points, there.

It does synergize with Braylen's ability to remove stress being stacked by the stressbot.

Edited by kris40k

Did you know that a U-wing can still flip 180-degrees with the title, even when it is stressed.

Only if the Uwing has Hera on board can they stop and flip while stressed. Otherwise they cant reveal it since its a red.

Course you know someone is going to do that. Probably Cassian since he has an EPT, Hera crew + something to add some defense or offense (or both) and just park somewhere lol. You arent denied the stop in Attack mode, so its a 2agi ship that is not moving.

You can totally reveal a red 0-stop maneuver even if you have stress. Hera crew not required.

1) Reveal red 0-stop

2) Use title to flip 180 degrees

3) Execute 2-straight maneuver as prescribed in the newest FAQ

Eh "Once per opportunity" probably prevents that. Which is the main rule that tramples dupe card ideas.

But doesn't hte FAQ cover using double cards such as Mercenary Co-pilot saying you could flip 2 focuses to crits at R3?

I bet you can trigger two recruits on the same ship. 

Did you know that a U-wing can still flip 180-degrees with the title, even when it is stressed.

Only if the Uwing has Hera on board can they stop and flip while stressed. Otherwise they cant reveal it since its a red.

Course you know someone is going to do that. Probably Cassian since he has an EPT, Hera crew + something to add some defense or offense (or both) and just park somewhere lol. You arent denied the stop in Attack mode, so its a 2agi ship that is not moving.

You can totally reveal a red 0-stop maneuver even if you have stress. Hera crew not required.

1) Reveal red 0-stop

2) Use title to flip 180 degrees

3) Execute 2-straight maneuver as prescribed in the newest FAQ

...you have got to be kidding me they worded it off a reveal instead of perform?

...what the hell FFG that has gotta be one of the biggest goofs youve done yet.

Whats worse is if you had kanan around, you would DESTRESS from doing this as he doesnt specify a dial, just a white maneuver.

Edited by Vineheart01

Do we really need Inspiring Recruit in the game?  I mean, Stress was one of the things that was finally limiting things.  Soontir Fel was finally getting a bit under control.  Rage wasn't usable too often because it stressed you out twice.  Zuckuss was very powerful, but at least that guy was stressed out all game.  All the PTL Aces were finally getting matched by things like Black Market Slicer Tools and a number of other things.  Now it seems like PTL Aces are going to be alive and well, especially if they are large based ships with crews.  

Also Baze and HSCP for more token stripping should be fun. I often find myself using it to strip tokens when I run it with Chirpy. I imagine it will be at least passable on Han.

But why not just pay +2 Points for Gunner to be soooo much more useful with HCSP.  Shoot something, make it spend its Focus and then shoot it again for big damage now that is has no Focus.  Regular Gunner can still strip two different Focus just like Baze can, when that is a desired play.  The difference is that Baze is useless when you want to shoot the same ship twice or when there is only one target in range. 

Anyone who thinks Baze is worth 3 points but can't justify the 2 points for Gunner is bad at X-Wing, regardless of what you've paired with Baze.

I get it. You think spending the two points on full gunner is always worth it. Others may not hold that opinion. Taking a cheaper crew for less power is always a useful option to have. 3 points versus 5 is quite a bit when budgeting out the cost of things, and some lists might like having gunner-lite rather than something else in the 3-point range. 

Which is the point I think you're missing. Baze isn't competing with gunner. He's competing with other 3-point crew cards, and in that respect I think he's quite good.

Engaging in doomsaying about cards before they're out and their affects are felt is needless.

Do we really need Inspiring Recruit in the game?  I mean, Stress was one of the things that was finally limiting things.  Soontir Fel was finally getting a bit under control.  Rage wasn't usable too often because it stressed you out twice.  Zuckuss was very powerful, but at least that guy was stressed out all game.  All the PTL Aces were finally getting matched by things like Black Market Slicer Tools and a number of other things.  Now it seems like PTL Aces are going to be alive and well, especially if they are large based ships with crews.  

I need convincing because I really don't think Inspiring Recruit will be used in Imperial play. Can you think of a good, competitive build with it?