Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

19 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

I got a question about the Squad Arena.   Is that based on your level or your squads power level?  Because I've been working on a "deep bench" trying to get most of my characters to lvl 50 and tier 5 gear, and some mods.  But it's getting harder and harder to win a battle in the Squad Arena because it seems like everyone has be beat in squad power.

On a positive note I managed to do like 3% to the Rancor :)

So, basically when you start the game, you are put onto a server with 20,000 other real players. You are all competing against each other by assembling teams of your best 5 characters (your reserves have no impact on this). If you beat another player's squad in arena, you take their rank, so it isnt based on squad power or your level in the game per say, although players at higher levels tend to be at a higher rank. Other players can also battle you in an attempt to steal your rank, which is why you may notice your rank changing over the course of the day. The most current squad you use in arena is the squad that all the other players on your server see when they battle you.

I hope this makes sense, as I'm not super great at articulating my thoughts and let me know if you have any other questions. :)

5 hours ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

I hope this makes sense, as I'm not super great at articulating my thoughts and let me know if you have any other questions. :)

That makes sense.  So as people in Shard #13 go up in levels and power level they'll move further and further up the ladder.  Since I'm not improving my main team and some of them are it's going to be harder to get ahead.  But I'm in the 1400-1100 range so I get enough free tickets to get 5 shards every day so I'm happy.

4 hours ago, kopmcginty said:

Conversely the deep bench should be a big help in Galactic War.

It has yes.  Even when I run into a nasty team I can normally break out the B-Team which is nearly as good as the A-Team and power my way though.  

11 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Huh... I could have sworn it was still 3 required yesterday... I didn't look this morning when I did my quick sims before heading off to work.

Ive been seeing 2 for about a week now. But of course, I knew the update was coming by looking at SWGoH forums. It is the sort of thing that probably gets overlooked if you don't know it's coming. 

Ok I suppose it could only be two.  But I don't seem to be getting any extra tickets...  Yep just double checked and only have the 300 I got yesterday for my rank.

But on a good note I just unlocked Dooku and am one shard away from updating Asoka.

Edited by VanorDM

4 hours ago, taulover55 said:

My squad arena battles are still 2, my boys one is 3 but he has no ships yet. Maybe its 3 in total (so 2 squad, 1 fleet?)

I looked this morning and I don't have Squad Arena listed in my daily activities at all.  It seems like it went away when I finished the Fleet training missions.

23 hours ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

Actually, I think it only changes from 3 to 2 once you reach level 60. I think that is why you guys haven't been seeing it yet. @VanorDM @LagJanson

That sounds right. I noticed the change after having g hit 60.

Aside from that j e not really been on a few days as I seem to have been re-bitten by the FtL bug.  Apologies for the lack of contribution. :/

Just now, kopmcginty said:

That sounds right. I noticed the change after having g hit 60.

Aside from that j e not really been on a few days as I seem to have been re-bitten by the FtL bug.  Apologies for the lack of contribution. :/

No problem, we have gotten like 4 new members over the last week, so we are producing raid tickets faster than ever!  We should be starting another raid by at least tomorrow, so keep an eye on that. :)

Who's ready for some PALPATINE!!!!

At least I can remain as excited about him in this game. ?

EDIT: Aaaand I just realized I can't unlock him until I get 145.  Looks like I have until May to get some 5* Rebels!

Edited by Nhoj4

So, they released the info on Hera and Kanan. Hera is going make Phoenix squad kind of insane. Counter for everyone. And constant healing. Should be interesting to see what the other 3 do, and how you can create a variety of options. 

And counters my current squad pretty hard...

Good thing I am working on new stuff. 

Edited by Sithborg

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

So, they released the info on Hera and Kanan. Hera is going make Phoenix squad kind of insane. Counter for everyone. And constant healing. Should be interesting to see what the other 3 do, and how you can create a variety of options. 

And counters my current squad pretty hard...

Good thing I am working on new stuff. 

What about it counters your squad do you think? Is it that they can get rid of their debuffs somewhat easily? I suppose that would hurt guys like Vader. You can still ability block or stun them with Palp, Old Ben, Royal Guard or Boba. Nihilus can also increase their cooldowns which might help.

As soon as I get Palp, I'm going to be running Old Ben as lead with St. Han, Royal Guard, Palp and Nihilus. Between Old Ben's Mind Trick, Nihilus using his cooldown increase and stuns from Royal Guard and Palps, I think it will be hard for them to cleanse themselves or do any special abilities. I havent looked at all the characters thoroughly yet though, so I could be missing something.

Edit: Also, heal immunity from somebody like Kylo or Sidious would be great against them. I probably wouldnt change your whole team, just maybe change Tie Pilot to one of the mentioned characters perhaps.

Edited by TitaniumChopstick