Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

Just hit level 75. All of these now accessible short time events are pulling me in so many directions.

How often do the Chewbacca/Emperor type events show up? I think I'm ready to unlock Palpatine whereas I've only just unlocked 5 bounty hunters and don't even have 5 ewoks yet. Thinking maybe i should ignore Chewbacca this time around and try to get ahead of whichever is next in rotation.

You'll want to 'ignore' the Chewie event for a while. It is, IMO, the hardest of the legendary/hero's journey characters to acquire. You'll need very highly geared bounty hunters to do it (and probably both of Dengar/Bossk). It took me about 20 attempts with gear 12 Boba, Dengar, Bossk, Aurra Sing, gear 11 Greedo (edit: to beat tier 7).  

Edit 2: That said, Bounty Hunters are useful for a lot of things (territory battles, fleet crew, credit heists, some other events, etc), so you should be trying to build them up a bit as you go. 

Edited by Demon4x4

We are a bit flooded with events at the moment. This is likely just an end of year extravaganza. 

Yoda and Palpatine tend to alternate in the months they run. I'm not entirely sure what the rotation of the other legendary events are. Feels like they run them once every three months. 

Are the Legendary events actually running, because all I see now are the Mythic events because I have cleared the normal events. 

So as I near 3 mil GP it saddens me to realize how many "elite" toons I'm missing.

I'm missing: Traya, Revan, 3PO, JTR, and OT MF.

Also my chewie and GK are only 5 star so they are limited in their use. Though GK is slowly working his way up.

I might be able to get JTR next she comes around but it will be close. Rest won't be for quite awhile.

I'm about where you're at (2.8m),  just missing Treya, GK, and 3PO. 3PO I'm now ready for, but the other two, I have no shot at, since I'm in a casual guild with some friends. Thems the breaks. :)

6 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Revan acquired. Just need to unlock Hoda (well on my way) and Traya, which won't be for a while. Though I suspect that Tier 6 Sith won't be as tedious once my guild acquires a good number of Revans. 

We just started our first t6 sith about 2 days ago. Currently we are halfway through p2. Tier 5 was taking us about 1.5-2 days. We will probably alternate between the two for awhile until it gets easier.

I can do pretty well considering all the elite toons I'm missing. The only good squad from tier 5 that's really sucking now is my CLS rebel squad.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019#latest

Separatist Droid rework (Super Battle Droid, Magnaguard, and Greivious), with B1 Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid incoming. The B1 sounds like it may get a Zombie like ability. 

Also getting Emperor's Shuttle, which will apparently show up in multiple cantina nodes. I need to see how this new method is implemented, but it sounds like a good idea in theory. 

Edited by Sithborg

Yeah, which is why I am noping out of the Darth Revan event. I will get him eventually. Also didn't buy the new Droideka pack, which made me sad. 

Anthem, from what I heard, is just a broken game. 

Yea no plan for me to get either revan for quite awhile.  Heck, even if I wanted to not sure I'd be fully committed, it's a ton of farming to do for all those KOTOR toons to get them from 3 star to 7 star.

On a similar note, I just got both vets to 6 star now so I'm on the final leg of farming them for next JTR event.  I also finished getting all the required toons for the event to at least G9 with all omegas so I should be good to go.

And on a positive note, within the next few days I will hit the 3 million mark while still being 100% F2P!
Although my roster is kinda weak for my GP:
16 G12
18 G11
11 G10
17 G9
18 Zetas
No Revan, Traya, 3PO, or JTR (for now).  GK is only 6 star and Chewie is only 5 star.

Seems pretty solid to me!
JTR I think is the longest grind, character requirement-wise. But that's almost all in the shard department, as the event difficulty itself isn't bad. Gear 9 and omegas is probably even overkill for it, so you'll be able to walk right through that one. I think the hardest part of that particular event is noticing that Rey has a new special ability that pops up in the tier that has her and Finn against Kylo, lol. 

My guild just beat it's first heroic AAT raid, so I'll be able to finally unlock GK at some point. I'm only lacking him and Traya now (which, I have no real shot at in my 8 person casual guild, lol).

Not going to lie, after the Darth Revan, Malak, hard nodes, and the Territory Battles special characters,  I was feeling rather down on the game. 

Luckily, the Clone Wars content is enough to keep my interest for now. I am really liking the Ahsoka rework. And I hope this means that the Grievious rework isn't as pointless as it seemed to have been. 

Got my first direct message from a GA opponent today...and it was to laugh at me for losing the match 😕

Must lead a sad life to make fun of me for losing a match I had 0% chance of winning (he had double my g12s and zetas, as well as having many elite toons I don't like both revans, malak, and traya).

Only funny thing is because he went overkill on defense he can't fully clear my squads.

Anyone want a new member. I just mutually left my guild as I can't play as much any more and they want to be more competitive. 

I pretty much play before work everyday and most evenings.

Thankfully they let me stay until I unlocked traya. 

I got a 3mil GP. 

9 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

I am about to purge a few inactives, if you want. We are no where close to starting Heroic Sith, though. Do your 600 a day, and you are more than welcome. 

Yea for sure. I've already got traya so I'm sure I can be helping there. 

Ally code 644-171-529