Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

I have found it very hard to get anywhere in this game.   The ship arenas are a joke, you have to upgrade your ships to compete, but the only way to get upgrade materials is to win.   All my opponents are 100,000 power over me.

The character arenas are similarly ludicrous.   There are some opponents that are actually lower than me by abouu 10-15,000 power but will ALWAYS win.   It seems the kotor characters are all overpowered- especially the female jedi with the double lightsaber coupled with grandmaster yoda.

My 5 year old son however likes the game, for looking at the characters, so that keeps me playing, but man, quite the slog.

final gripe, 1300+ crystals spent and all you get are 5 character shards?  Not cool.  

I actually miss star wars uprising..  i liked the story unfolding.

18 hours ago, markcsoul said:

My guild finally beat HAAT today! Went pretty smoothly actually considering our last couple attempts a few months back couldn't go farther than p3.

Niiice. 

My guild is basically waiting on me to be able to solo it before we can beat it. lol

My guild had our first huge TW mismatch.

Our total power is about 60 mil. We had 40 members join TW this time which was a new high by far for us.

Unfortunately we got paired with a guild that had like 120 mil power but only had 26 members join.

It started out kinda close but they this morning they pulled way ahead. Based on how easily most of our defensive squads were defeated, along with the composition of their defense, I'd guess each of their 26 members competing had at least 5 or 6 90+k squads each.  Whereas our members have 1 on average.

On the plus side I got two toons to g12 this weekend for 10 total now (will be 11 as soon as I can get thrawn 7star). 

Glad the Grand Arena battle today didn't count.

I got paired up with someone with WAY better toons than me, even though our GW was basically identical.  He had almost double the number of G12's and zetas that I have.

I actually thought I had a chance when I saw he only placed 2/5 squads on defense.  But in the end I only killed 2 toons after spending every single toon I had remaining.

Absolutely disgusting.

So Grand Arena has been a bust for me so far.

I'm 1-4 now (1-2 in the 8 person match that's ending).  I've had 3 bad losses, one super close loss (about 25 points), and one kind of close win.

I've been the underdog in at least 4, if not all 5 of my matches, and two of them were HUGE mismatches.

Hoping that means I get better matchups for the next swiss, but not counting on it.

11 hours ago, markcsoul said:

So Grand Arena has been a bust for me so far.

I'm 1-4 now (1-2 in the 8 person match that's ending).  I've had 3 bad losses, one super close loss (about 25 points), and one kind of close win.

I've been the underdog in at least 4, if not all 5 of my matches, and two of them were HUGE mismatches.

Hoping that means I get better matchups for the next swiss, but not counting on it.

Obviously you haven't been paying money to get “skilled”. 🙄

Sadly, like all games of this ilk, there is no skill involved, nor strategy, just paying for overpowered characters.  

Ah. I'm at roughly the same GP (2.58), but have a bunch of level 1 seven starred characters (mostly just for platoons in territory battles). I tend to concentrate my gear/credits on one or two at a time, since they seem pretty worthless under gear 11 or so. 
23 gear 12s; 22 zetas

Sounds like a fun problem to have.

Getting close to my 3rd 7star. Not sure if Hera will beat Chopper to it, but Ezra will be 5th. Then I can figure out what to aim for after Phoenix is all 7.

Should I catch Sabine up too? She's trailing behind and almost to 6 stars now.

2 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Getting close to my 3rd 7star. Not sure if Hera will beat Chopper to it, but Ezra will be 5th. Then I can figure out what to aim for after Phoenix is all 7.

My suggestion for what to farm post-Phoenix is an Empire team.  With a 7* Empire team you can get R2-D2, which is needed for Commander Luke Skywalker.

With Phoenix, you get Palp and Thrawn. Pretty good basis to unlock Artoo. And Artoo is the tough one needed for CLS. You are also 2/5 for Jedi for Yoda, who has gotten pretty good. Luminara, Quiggy, and Ahsoka are easy farms to get Yoda. 

And then, it is kind of what you want. I kind of recommend BHs, because they are a very versatile squad for a lot of things. Needed for some TB events, good for the Credit/Training Droid events, and the BH events are great for some rarer shards. But, I also like BHs. 

5 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

My suggestion to you would be to set yourself a goal and work towards it, like one of the Heroes journey (Luke, Rey or Revan). Of the 3, I think that Luke is the easiest to get. Phoenix will help you get Palpatine and Thrawn, two of which are really helpful to get R2, which is a great character too.

As for Sabine, I don't think she's really necessary, I would use those energy elsewhere. You need her unlocked to get the Phantom 2 to get the Chimera, but I don't think you need to have her at 7 star for that. I have unlocked the Chimera to 6 star and my Sabine is 3-4 star only and poorly geared.

Man, it was a plethora of riches today!  TB ending, HAAT ending, Tier V Sith ending, and then the TW gift from EA.

I was able to finish getting two toons to G11, and another almost got to G10.  Plus got 3 more G12+ pieces for various toons.

Also these are the squads I'm planning on using for defense for the 3 vs 3 GA (making sure too keep plenty for offense)

Team 1 - G12 Luminara (Z), G12 GMY (Z), G12 Qui-Gon
Team 2 - G12 Savage (Z), G12 Sidious (Z), G8 Sith Assassin
Team 3 - G10 Daka, G12 NS Initiate (Z), G10 NS Spirit
Team 4 - G9 Old Ben, G10 Ahoska Fulcrum, G10 Leia
Team 5 - G10 Talzin, G10 Asajj (Z), G10 Zombie
Team 6 - G8 Hera, G9 Chopper, G8 Zeb
Team 7 - G9 Tarkin, G11 Royal Guard, G8 Tie Pilot
Team 8 - G8 Bastilla, G8 Ezra, G8 Kanan

My G12 Savage (Z) will be a beast to take down using only 3 person teams.  Debating if I should put him on one of the front nodes to try to halt progress there, or in the back so my opponent has almost used a few of their best offensive squads before they get to him.

7 starred Chewie today. Took a few tries (key for Bossk not to get stunned). 

And I have a new arena team, which has be easily hanging out in the top 200, which I haven't been able to do easily past few months. Rey JT, BB-8, Artoo, Threepio, and Chewie. Quite fun.