Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

I've been working on a Resistance squad to hopefully take on our guild's first HAAT attempt soon (JTR, Rose, BB8, Trooper, Rey Scavenger). Aldy have a team that I can currently beat AAT phases three & four with, and I think between the two CLS's in the guild, we can do phase I. I just need to make sure I can escape CLS from phase one, and BB8 from phase 2, since I need them both for the 3 & 4 phases. lol

Looking forward to unlocking CLS on Thurs.

After I get him, I'll be down to 27 toons remaining I don't have:

Ima-Gun Di
Barriss Offee
Lobot
Lando Calrissian
Jawa Engineer
Chewbacca
Chirrut Imwe
Nightsister Acolyte
First Order Stormtrooper
Jedi Knight Anakin
General Grievous
Jyn Erso
Shoretrooper
B2 Super Battle Droid
Cassian Andor
Imperial Probe Droid
Kit Fisto
Colonel Starck
Captain Han Solo
Aayla Secura
Hermit Yoda
Wampa
Baze Malbus
Gamorrean Guard
Darth Traya
General Kenobi
Rey (Jedi Training)

I'm down to 8:
Rebel Officer Leia Organa (need 4)
Imperial Probe Droid (need ?
Chewbacca
URoRRuR'R'R
Hermit Yoda
Gamorrean Guard
Darth Traya
General Kenobi. 

Edited by Demon4x4
typo

I'm getting close to another zeta again (16/20).  Leaning towards raid han since I plan on using him with CLS a lot once I unlock him tomorrow.  I know CLS should get zetas but it will be awhile before I can gear him up properly as I'm working on a few other toons currently.  So he can get one the next time I get a zeta.

I already have:
Darth Vader (Leader)
Darth Sidious
Emperor Palpatine (Unique)
Grand Admiral Thrawn (Unique)
Grand Master Yoda (Special)
Luminara Unduli
Nightsister Initiate
R2-D2 (Number Crunch)
Savage Oppress

Yea...definitely not getting Revan for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.  I have all the OR toons at 3 stars still and don't have any desire to farm them any time soon.  Heck, I still have a ways to go to get JTR and Chewie.

On the plus side I've played around with CLS in raids a bit.  He's not really that great yet though.  I only have him just barely at G8, level 75, with decent mods, and none of his abilities higher than 3.

I REALLY wish there was a way to trade omegas for zetas and/or purple mats.  I have about 500 omegas right now.

You will get to a point where omegas are at a premium. I know I have an omega crunch at the moment, with a bunch of toons (namely Chewie and Jango) awaiting Omegas. 

It will be nice to have a few projects to work toward again, since I have practically all the legendaries, and all the journey characters. Will likely finish my current hard mode projects and shift to KOTOR. 

To the Revan content, all I can say is.. YAWN.   I care not for any kotor related content, as kotor is easily one of the worst games I have played.   

As to Galaxy of Heroes, was my son not such a star wars fan, I would have stopped playing long ago.   I find it very hard to upgrade any unit (i refuse to spend meager game budget on this game, and thus won't have any of the hard to get characters.   

KotOR is one of the worst games you've ever played? huh.

I still find it engaging 15 years later, and consider the two games amongst the best Star Wars stories out there. I'd even go so far to say that KotOR is what actually dragged me from liking Star Wars to loving it. 

13 hours ago, Demon4x4 said:

KotOR is one of the worst games you've ever played? huh.

I still find it engaging 15 years later, and consider the two games amongst the best Star Wars stories out there. I'd even go so far to say that KotOR is what actually dragged me from liking Star Wars to loving it. 

Yes, one of the worst.   The gameplay was a joke, you HAD to make a character that was good at combat, mainly because it used the old wizards of the coast rpg d20 system that was very combat centric - so if you made a very talkative character, you were playing the game wrong, as most encounters devolved into combat anyway. Not to mention the old Murder-Hobo loot system.  

I managed to figure out the plot early on, so there were very little surprises in the game.

The game took so many original trilogy ideas and just renamed them or changed them slightly; we had Not Bacta™️, not The Millenium Falcon™️, not TIE Fighters™️, not Stormtroopers™️, etc.   The overall design idea seemed to be  original Star Wars but with serial numbers filed off and spray painted.

Visually the combat was jarring with characters hitting each other over the head (physical contact with a lightsaber) that was just shrugged off.   Everything ever made, from your underwear to your armour and weapons was made of cortisis.   Now much of this was due to the animations of the day, as well as the above lacklustre game system (wotc), but it was so ridiculous looking that It drew me out of the game.  

While I'm happy you (and others enjoyed it), I can't think if a single thing that made me look back fondly on it.    

Been playing marvel strike. Started this game to waste time between energy recharges. 

Are there team synergies like marvel? I assume all the characters I have so far are those everyone gets to begin with. At lvl 37 now. Not really sure what to focus on so am just upgrading these characters. 

Finding it entertaining overall so far. 

There are definitely faction synergies.
I'd start with Phoenix squad (as they can unlock Palpatine and Thrawn legendary characters), and then for the most part focus on squads required to get you the other legendary characters.
5 Jedi for Grandmsater yoda (two of Phoenix count for this, and then I'd add Old Ben Kenobi, Jolee Bindo, Bastila Shan, as they are all needed in other character events)
5 empire for R2-D2 (you'll get Palpatine and Thrawn from above events, plus three more - I'd go with TIE Fighter Pilot, Tarkin, Vader)
5 rebels (R2-D2, Farmboy Luke, Leia, Stromtrooper Han, Old Ben Kenobi) for Commander Luke Skywalker
5 First Order for BB8 (any five, but I'd go with Kylo Ren (unmasked), Kylo Ren, First order Officer, First Order TIE Pilot, First Order Executioner)
5 Old Republic for Jedi Knight Revan (Bastila, Bindo, Mission Vao, T3-M4, Zaalbar)
5 Resistance-ish (Scavenger Rey, Veteran Smugglers Han & Chewie, BB8, Finn) for Rey (Jedi Training)
5 Bounty hunters for Chewbacca
get 5 decent dark side ships as soons as you can for the zeta mat fleet challenge.

10 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Been playing marvel strike. Started this game to waste time between energy recharges. 

Are there team synergies like marvel? I assume all the characters I have so far are those everyone gets to begin with. At lvl 37 now. Not really sure what to focus on so am just upgrading these characters. 

Finding it entertaining overall so far. 

Oh boy, are there synergies. 

Phoenix is a great squad to begin with. They have amazing synergy, with them being able to share abilities. And they open the door to a ton of other things. 

Feel free to find my ally code on the first page to send me an ally invite, and if you want, I can send you an invite to get into our guild. Just made some room be removing inactives. Once you get a 7 star character, you can start participating in the Rancor and AAT raids, and get some sweet rewards that will help speed up progression.