Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

Getting close to enough zeta shards to get my 4th zeta toon.

I already have Vader (leader), sidious, and Palp (crackling doom).

I could do a second zeta on Vader, but I think I'm gonna do luminara since I've been building up my jedi squad to be my 2nd strongest behind my main arena squad.

21 hours ago, markcsoul said:

Getting close to enough zeta shards to get my 4th zeta toon.

I already have Vader (leader), sidious, and Palp (crackling doom).

I could do a second zeta on Vader, but I think I'm gonna do luminara since I've been building up my jedi squad to be my 2nd strongest behind my main arena squad.

No, don't zeta Luminara. Zeta Qui-gon or Barris Offee. It is interesting to look at the 12 zetas I have given out. After I finish up this one for Rey, JT, I will probably focus on my dark side again, looking at First Order and Nightsisters. 

That said, I am glad that Talzin is almost 7 starred, for another source of zetas. 

Edited by Sithborg

2 hours ago, Norym said:

Lots of changes, most of them good.  Chat is a bit wonky now.

I am loving the new raid settings for heroic raids. 

The prestigious quests are interesting. Fun goals that will take some time to accomplish. I picked the Asajj, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka ones. 

On 2/1/2018 at 5:44 PM, taulover55 said:

Whos farming unmasked kylo then? I an just for silencer and a counter to CLS

Been playing this fine game since last december and I'm running a FO squad in arena. I make top 20 everyday with zKyloU (L), Kylo, FOO, FOST, FOE. The Executioner is a real beast, especially in raids!

First Order is a great team, I can solo Heroic Pit Raid with them. My guild is still not able to do heroic Tank, but my FO squad can solo Part 4 of the non heroic Tank tier. Just expect to be be the target in defense in Arena since they are a bit tricky to play and AI is not great with them.

I'm running a Restistance team as my light team with zFinn as lead. I'm still farming the Vets to get my hand on Jedi Training Rey. Hopefully she won't come this month since I would not be ready in time, but with BB8 coming back in the middle of the month, that's not looking good.... 

So we literally lost our TW today with less than a minute to go (I think it was like 10 seconds left).  Someone took out our last 3 squads in under 5 minutes to claim another territory which gave them the lead.

My guild hasn't been doing very good on TW's lately.  We started out strong when they were first released, but have been going downhill since.

Partly because we only have about 30 on average join each time, and partly because we just don't seem to have enough viable squads for both defense and offense.

I only have 3 G12 toons, so don't feel too bad. 

I am pretty happy with the BH updates. Aurra is going to be great in raids, with I am happy with. Embo is fun. And Hound's Tooth is hopefully a promise of getting the other BH ships. I am quite certain we will be getting a Jango Legendary event soonish...

The new Ship event is nice. That will probably be where I farm Episode VII Falcon shards. 

Was barely able to get the Probe Droid shards from the BH event. Not too thrilled for the shards available in the BH II event. But, it will be helpful since there are too many DS table shards that I want to farm. 

Edited by Sithborg

Since I uninstalled I've barely even remembered this game existed.

Bastila Shan was the trigger for me.  I played one battle against her, not even a fully kitted out version of her, then uninstalled the game pretty much immediately.  It wasn't necessarily just how good she was (although she did completely annihilate my best squad without any difficulty whatsoever) it was what she represented... that however much the game was providing me with the illusion of progress I was actually falling further and further behind the curve and this would always be the case.

I was already at the point where I couldn't beat squads with Jedi Rey or a decent Darth Sion tank, and while I was inching closer to beating them the game had already leapt forward and suddenly I was like Agent Smith trying to fight Neo at the end of the Matrix.

**** that.

I've been playing since Star Wars: Force Collection closed down as most of my legion moved over to this game. I'm honestly in a love/hate relationship with it. I really enjoy the game but CG seem to like constantly building new progress walls to scale. These new mod changes are both fantastic and terrible at once; I'm now trembling with fear at how many mod slicing materials I need to farm to keep my edge in ships. I've been taking first at my payout in my fleet shard for about 8 weeks now and 6 dot mods just threw a massive spanner in the works there. Luckily my shard seems whale free so I guess I'm at the same starting line as everyone else but... urgh. And then I have a squad arena team to slice mods for...

2 hours ago, SOTL said:

Bastila Shan was the trigger for me.  I played one battle against her, not even a fully kitted out version of her, then uninstalled the game pretty much immediately.  It wasn't necessarily just how good she was (although she did completely annihilate my best squad without any difficulty whatsoever) it was what she represented... that however much the game was providing me with the illusion of progress I was actually falling further and further behind the curve and this would always be the case.

I was already at the point where I couldn't beat squads with Jedi Rey or a decent Darth Sion tank, and while I was inching closer to beating them the game had already leapt forward and suddenly I was like Agent Smith trying to fight Neo at the end of the Matrix.

**** that.

There is one or two Bastilla squads in the range I am hovering at in arena. They don't seem too bad, just a grind as you HAVE to focus down on one in order to get rid of the protection up (and Yoda's Battle Meditation doesn't help, of course). It helps that I have been using Palp lead, to get extra damage on their protection. Of course, I am not chasing the meta in the game, as I am fine with the 200-300 range in arena, with the ability to get sub 200 every now and again. 

I was fighting to get sub-500 consistently and starting to hit a wall of solid Jedi Rey and Bastilas to get beyond 400.

On the ship side I was around 20-10, which seemed a massive disconnect to the squad arena.

Edited by SOTL

7 hours ago, SOTL said:

**** that.

Bastilla Shan is a beast.   But I am playing more for something to do, I do not have to win every fight or finish in the top tier every day.  I auto fight most of those anyway, and that is definitely not be most effective way to win.

2 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Our guild beat our first HAAT today!!! General Kenobi, here we come. 

We've tried a few times now.  Most recent attempt a week or so again we made it about halfway into P3.

We need more elite toons.  We have no GK's (obviously), no traya's, I think only 1 or 2 JTR's, and a small handful of CLS's.

I "should" be able to get CLS next time it comes around.  Got all 5 necessary toons up to 7 stars now to be eligible, AND have them all at G9 now.  Working on omega-ing and zeta-ing some of their abilities as well.

I see that thrawn is returning this month.  That seems really fast.  Feels like just yesterday I got him at 6 stars.  I still need to get Hera and Chopper to 7 stars though to get 7 star thrawn.  Hera I should be able to do, Chopper will need thrawn to show up at the end of the month just to have a chance.

The toon you NEED for HAAT is Finn, zeta'd. Don't even need JTR. A zFinn Resistance squad makes mincemeat out of phase 2 and 4. I did 65+% on p4 with mine. Now, BB-8 is important in keeping your guys alive (seriously, you will be constantly getting protection back). If you guild can get enough and split the responsibility enough, that makes 2 phases cakewalk. Don't need JTR (though my phase 3 squad was awesome with her, and I got lucky and she and BB-8 escaped for phase 4). 

You shouldn't need to zeta the crew you need for CLS. All g9 is clearly helpful, but I barely made it with only a g9 Han. 

25 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

The toon you NEED for HAAT is Finn, zeta'd. Don't even need JTR. A zFinn Resistance squad makes mincemeat out of phase 2 and 4. I did 65+% on p4 with mine. Now, BB-8 is important in keeping your guys alive (seriously, you will be constantly getting protection back). If you guild can get enough and split the responsibility enough, that makes 2 phases cakewalk. Don't need JTR (though my phase 3 squad was awesome with her, and I got lucky and she and BB-8 escaped for phase 4). 

You shouldn't need to zeta the crew you need for CLS. All g9 is clearly helpful, but I barely made it with only a g9 Han. 

I was planning on putting my next zeta on R2D2 anyways.  Partially because I hear it's one of the better ones, and partially because working on this squad has now made it my 4th best squad, so it has value in other areas besides CLS.