Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

3 hours ago, taulover55 said:

I've run it with Zader, RG, Palp, Tarkin and snow trooper. Turn meter reduction is great as is stunning the fecking little healer fuzzies!!

Ability lock and TM reduction is awesome against them.

I used that exact same team myself. Can't make it past level 4 though.

Seriously, zeta Veers and Snowtrooper make it a joke. Even in the bonus tier. Only reason I have Vader is for some extra heavy damage against some of the heavy health guys. Did get some good rewards, though today, most of my shards was Teebo, thus fed to the shard shop. 

4 hours ago, Sithborg said:

So, my node 12 tonight: Commander Luke lead, Wiggs, Chaze. 

!#@$@$^%@$%@@#$%^#^%#@#$%#

i had a node 9 comamnder luke, Wiggs, R2 and K2 today! took all my backup teams out and killed my K2 before wiggs, ackbar and zassian finished them off

23 hours ago, Arrowman said:

I tried it once and got massacred again.  Probably won't bother with it.

I tried the 2nd tier about a dozen times yesterday and managed to barely complete it.  

Then got crushed on the Bonus.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:18 PM, Sithborg said:

So, my node 12 tonight: Commander Luke lead, Wiggs, Chaze. 

!#@$@$^%@$%@@#$%^#^%#@#$%#

That's ok....my node 12 was the following:

Full Zeta Tier 11 Commander Luke
Full Zeta Tier 11 General Kenobi
Full Zeta Tier 11 R2-D2
Full Zeta Tier 11 Thrawn
Full Zeta Tier 11 Han Solo (the rancor raid one)

I didn't even attempt it after it slaughtered my Alpha Team

Well, at this point, I'll have FOTP at 5*, Phasma and Kylo at 7*, and FOO and FOST at 3* for the BB-8 event.  Doubt I can get the last two to 4* before the event runs it's course, but it might be possible.  If BB-8 is minimal 5* unlock, then I won't get there, but at least I won't be wasting the investment.  FO can only get more relevant the closer we get to the new movie release.  Who knows, they may even do something crazy like rework them and make them meta viable.

I still think it's a good idea for everyone to be working on FO and Resistance in prep for the movie.  No doubt they will be releasing new FO toons that will require Resistance to unlock.

Edited by Arrowman

On a different note, I just finished the first Aftermath book, and honestly, I couldn't be more disappointed.  I'll still read the others to catch up on the new canon for Star Wars, but the book was disappointing.  I keep waiting for the book or movie that actually can come out and treat both sides with some modicum of dignity and respect.  Somehow, the transition of the Old Republic to the Empire made ground troops insanely incompetent, all of the leaders to be power-hungry, blood thirsty fools, and most every member of the Rebellion/New Republic have nine lives and infinite power-ups. 

Probably one of the worst parts of the book was portraying the Empire as in league with the corrupt underground/mafia/smugglers/Hutts/every other black market criminal organization around.  To me, this just defies reality on every level and just cheapens the Empire to pathetic caricatures. 

I'll stop my rant now.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, markcsoul said:

So my guild started a tank takedown a few days ago.  Only me and one other person have been active in it.  I have just under 600k in damage, while the other guy has less than 25k.  This will take FOREVER!

Also I brought this up awhile back, but is there a reason Padme isn't in the game yet?  She's by far the most major character to not be in the game.  Apparently she's built into the game, but hasn't been released yet.

Also they should totally do jar jar, capt tarpals, and boss noss for lols

My god this is a slog.

I've now put in a hair under 3.5 million damage in the first stage of tank takedown.  The other 3 people who have contributed have done a total of 630k damage between them.  So all together we're MAYBE 20% of the way through the first stage.

Then to make things worse the past 2 territory battles it's only been me and one other player doing them.

I'm thinking it might be time to find a new guild...

3 hours ago, markcsoul said:

My god this is a slog.

I've now put in a hair under 3.5 million damage in the first stage of tank takedown.  The other 3 people who have contributed have done a total of 630k damage between them.  So all together we're MAYBE 20% of the way through the first stage.

Then to make things worse the past 2 territory battles it's only been me and one other player doing them.

Tank takedown normally takes my guild about 4-5 days (we burn through stages 2 and 4 within about 5 hours) 

5 hours ago, taulover55 said:

Tank takedown normally takes my guild about 4-5 days (we burn through stages 2 and 4 within about 5 hours) 

I think we are getting close to this.  Still might take us about a week. 

On 9/25/2017 at 3:58 AM, markcsoul said:

My god this is a slog.

Territory battles are so bad, though.  I lost interest in them after the first play through, they're pointless.

I sometimes do tank rounds and I jump in on most of the Rancor run but again, it's not really any fun scrapping away for a few thousand damage before the enrage timer gets you.  

I don't mind the Territory Battles, but I think they could have warned everyone going in that it will be extremely hard to do very well in them.  Once they reduce the phase timer to 12 hours they will go a lot faster.  But they really should randomize the platoons better.  It seems like you draw about 5 useless toons each time you spawn a TB that are required for 4 out of the 6 platoons.  And then they require these same guys at EVERY phase.  So if you only have two Lobots in your guild currently, then from the outset if you drew Lobot as one of your five useless toons that TB, you are pretty much guaranteed to only fill a max of 2 platoons each time.  Repeat for Ugnaught or Imagundi or Jedi Guardian or Coruscant Policeman, etc.  And if you don't have raid Han you are not going to go 6 of 6, period. 

I don't understand saying they are pointless though.  They are just another way to grind out gear and toons, especially for lower level players.  And that is, at its core, what the game is all about.  Right now, the only real way to help lower players in the guild is by donating gear one or two pieces at a time.  With TBs, I can use my whole roster to help give these guys a boost.  The inherent problem, in my mind, is the fact that for the TB being a great way to help some lower tier guildies, the difficulty of it and the low level of rewards for the length of time it takes to complete a cycle, runs directly counter to the aforementioned goal. 

I think they need to scale up the TB rewards, and use the TB rewards for stuff geared towards the non-elite players.  Move the T12 gear, Yoda shards, and rare drops to the guild rewards store, where the reward scale is designed to reward those with better rosters and/or more advanced players, ie folks that probably really need/want those things.  This way TB's can act as an effective feeder store for less advance players to be able to gear up for the raids better.  And this would better match the implicit TB goal (based on the TBs uniform reward structure) as a mechanic to allow advance guild members to further help less advance guild mates. 

Edited by Arrowman