Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

Ugnaught was sitting at 19/25, and so a days worth of arena rewards to activate him didn't seem too bad. 

The farming of Hoth Han is going slow, though. 

Yeah, I have started trying to farm Hoth Han and it is brutal.  3-4 shards a day if I am lucky. 

i have 1 more Zeta mat to get then i can zeta someone. 

My choices are Fulcrum, Dooku and K2.

K2 is current Arena team

Fulcrum may replace Akbar in my current arena team once i've farmed her enough (wont take me long)

Dooku is on my Zader Rancor team so Flawless Riposte Zeta'd may work with turn meter removal.

I did my first zeta today after saving up the past couple weeks.  Decided to put it on Vader since he's on of my top 5 characters currently.  Only bad thing is it's a leadership ability, and he normally isn't my leader.  So might have to change how I run my "A" squad for awhile, or just start building up the characters I want to use with him more often.

Zeta Vader is amazing in certain phases of raids. The dots really add up. And the turn meter reduction is killer against the Rancor. 

My Zeta farming has been really, really pissing me off. I think I have gotten 2 in the past 2 weeks. 

3 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Zeta Vader is amazing in certain phases of raids. The dots really add up. And the turn meter reduction is killer against the Rancor. 

My Zeta farming has been really, really pissing me off. I think I have gotten 2 in the past 2 weeks. 

I wont tell you how many Zeta's i have then!! lol.

If you can get Zader and empire/sith toons with counter attack (or multiple hits) he really helps out!

my current second rate team is Zader, Dooku, maul, palp and RG(or snowtrooper). I've put potency up on most of them in 2 slots and crit chance on 2 with others on them at dealers choice (speed up plus potency up is good)  With Dooku health stealing, double striking and countering you can knock loads of turn meter off!

I'm deciding on who to Zeta next, i'm thinking K2S0 as he's in my arena team (already have Zader, Zulcrum and Zassian)

So over the weekend I unlocked Jyn and Rey and then 7* Tarkin, Clone Sergeant, and Vader.  So once I unlock RG this week, I will have a team to unlock 7* R2.  I only need to 5* Kanan and Ezra  at this point to be able to unlock 5* Thrawn should his event come next.  Been a productive last week. 

I have been trying to unlock Hoth Han, but other than Territory Battles, does he really have any other use?

Also, the Territory Battles are a lot tougher than I figured they would be.  Still growing the guild isn't helping, but man, they are just tuned alittle higher than I anticipated.

Edited by Arrowman

9 minutes ago, Arrowman said:

So over the weekend I unlocked Jyn and Rey and then 7* Tarkin, Clone Sergeant, and Vader.  So once I unlock RG this week, I will have a team to unlock 7* R2.  I only need to 5* Kanan and Ezra  at this point to be able to unlock 5* Thrawn should his event come next.  Been a productive last week. 

I have been trying to unlock Hoth Han, but other than Territory Battles, does he really have any other use?

Also, the Territory Battles are a lot tougher than I figured they would be.  Still growing the guild isn't helping, but man, they are just tuned alittle higher than I anticipated.

You only need 5* to unlock Thrawn? Oh wait... I suppose you do. Um... I should be ready then. Entire Phoenix crew is 7* except Ezra at 5*. I'm working on that. I need to ratchet up my work on Imperials though. Only Imperial I have at 7* is the Emperor... Figure that one out...

Yeah, those Territory Battles are demoralizing. If it weren't for the fighter combat, which I pretty near rolled over without effort, I'd feel worse than useless. I wonder if EA will look at the difficulty at all on that.

I strongly suspect that Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, and Hermit Yoda, along with Commander Luke, will be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Luke. Other than that, he is a decent in faction healer/reviver for Rebels. 

As for Thrawn, I have Phoenix starred and leveled. Just need to gear them up a bit more. I have Ezra at G9, which is hear is about the minimum you need him to 7 star Thrawn. 

Edited by Sithborg

31 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

I strongly suspect that Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, and Hermit Yoda, along with Commander Luke, will be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Luke. Other than that, he is a decent in faction healer/reviver for Rebels. 

As for Thrawn, I have Phoenix starred and leveled. Just need to gear them up a bit more. I have Ezra at G9, which is hear is about the minimum you need him to 7 star Thrawn. 

I'm sure you're correct on the JK Luke unlock.  Given I don't have Commander Luke yet, I would probably be better served switching over to Old Ben farming once I unlock Hoth Han to be able to unlock CL next time he rolls around.  Realistically, I would need to start farming now to have a prayer of being able to unlock him, since he is a 7* unlock and taking into account it will probably be after the first of the year before he rolls around again.

I'm thinking R2 in October and Thrawn in November.  December or January will probably be an unlock related to the new movie.  Just my speculation.

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

:( I hate gearing characters. It's worse equipment than it is to get the character...

The part that I hate, is that there seems to be certain bottlenecks when it comes to gearing.  Some gear pieces are rarely used, while other ones get used on everyone for everything.  I wish they would drop back and spread the love on the gearing requirements.  Right now, I probably need over 500 level 3 holo projectors just to get my top 15 guys to the next gear level.  Contrast that with the level 4 droid callers or stun guns which I have 500+ sitting in inventory.  I'll be farming for over month just to overcome the level 3 holo projector issue, and that isn't including new guys that need geared or any required at the next level of gear for the current top 15 guys or any given away as guild donations.

Edited by Arrowman

I suspect that Thrawn will be back next month for the Rebels premiere. Artoo I see returning in Dec, like the original Palpatine schedule. 

I just wish some of the Rancor Raid gear was farmable. Looking at you Droid Callers and Furnaces. 

2 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

I suspect that Thrawn will be back next month for the Rebels premiere. Artoo I see returning in Dec, like the original Palpatine schedule. 

I just wish some of the Rancor Raid gear was farmable. Looking at you Droid Callers and Furnaces. 

I still say R2 is first.  Want to place a friendly wager?  Say 5 furnaces or droid callers on it?

4 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Snowtrooper, man, he makes it easy. Especially now that I have zeta Veers. It is a little fuzzy massacre.

Need better gear on Snowtrooper and Veers, bumping them up just a bit on the list, I suppose.