Jump to content
Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

Recommended Posts

You have to be level 65. 

Working on you Empire is fine. There is a combat mission at the end that require 7 star Rogue One characters, but I wouldn't worry about that. And the platoon requirements are only going to get harder. Continue your Empire work, I wouldn't let Territory Battles mess with your plan. I think the only thing one should worry about for Territory Battles is having 2 good Light Side teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

that was the mistake I made with the 2nd phase.  I deployed... Because what deploying does isn't explained very well, and I didn't realize those were two separate areas.

I also didn't realize that by adding a character to a platoon, that means you can't actually use that character in combat.  Which kinda sucks when you donate Hera and then can't use her.

It's also an issue that if the game crashes on you, you're just locked out of that combat.  Had that happen with my first combat, brought in Phoenix and the game crashed before the fight started... So now I get 0 points but the combat is considered completed.

What's the threshold?

Also it seems like you can't do much with DS characters so far anyway... Will the next battle maybe focus on them?  Or is working on my Empire squad a mistake at this point and I should focus more on Resistance and/or Rogue One?

I look to see who is needed in the combat missions but fill the platoon first.  I don't want to platoon someone needed for a combat mission, but at the same time, if I have guys on the bubble for the combat battles and one of them is needed in a platoon, then I will shuffle those around for sure.  I don't think you should do either platoon or combat until you take a look at what is needed and available to determine the best mix.  But combat missions definitely take priority as the rewards there are much greater.  However, if we don't get enough of the platoon rewards, the combat missions will become too difficult for us to complete because we don't have the platoon bonuses.

 

Dark side characters are good for general deployment, but that is it.  However, speculation is that there will at some point be a dark side focused Territory Battle.  What you focus on is a judgment call.  Resistance/FO will probably definitely be useful come the new movie, and Chirrut and Baze are already mandatory LS farms as it is.   Empire is needed for R2D2 and for the inevitable DS focused TB.

Edited by Arrowman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arrowman said:

However, if we don't get enough of the platoon rewards, the combat missions will become too difficult for us to complete because we don't have the platoon bonuses.

Can you not add someone who's been in a combat to the platoon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the combat missions may be more important than Deployments or Platoons.   I generated a lot of points today by going 6/6, 5/6 and 5/6.  The 3rd one was a close call getting to 5/6 though.  Might need to look into a 3rd Rebel squad if this cycles back around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Norym said:

I think that the combat missions may be more important than Deployments or Platoons.   I generated a lot of points today by going 6/6, 5/6 and 5/6.  The 3rd one was a close call getting to 5/6 though.  Might need to look into a 3rd Rebel squad if this cycles back around.

They definitely are, but if you can cycle some guys on your squad to a platoon and still beat the combat mission, we should be doing that.  I just recommend looking at both the combat missions and the platoons before committing guys to either.  This way you can optimize your distribution.  But I am not assigning my Baze to a platoon for a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So one of the top 3 for sure, possibly the best member of my guild just dropped over the weekend.

That's definitely unfortunate.  I think he might have gotten fed up that hardly anyone was doing the new territory battles.

Before he left I was probably either the 3rd or 4th best in my guild, now that makes me 2nd or 3rd.

Between him leaving, people not being that active in territory battles, and the fact that the leader and single officer are often slow to start raids, might be time to consider leaving as well...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, markcsoul said:

So one of the top 3 for sure, possibly the best member of my guild just dropped over the weekend.

That's definitely unfortunate.  I think he might have gotten fed up that hardly anyone was doing the new territory battles.

Before he left I was probably either the 3rd or 4th best in my guild, now that makes me 2nd or 3rd.

Between him leaving, people not being that active in territory battles, and the fact that the leader and single officer are often slow to start raids, might be time to consider leaving as well...

 

That sucks.  Always is painful when good people leave in a guild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, markcsoul said:

So one of the top 3 for sure, possibly the best member of my guild just dropped over the weekend.

That's definitely unfortunate.  I think he might have gotten fed up that hardly anyone was doing the new territory battles.

Before he left I was probably either the 3rd or 4th best in my guild, now that makes me 2nd or 3rd.

Between him leaving, people not being that active in territory battles, and the fact that the leader and single officer are often slow to start raids, might be time to consider leaving as well...

 

We've had something similar in my guild. just started Hrancor and after the first attempt we lost the 3 biggest hitters on it :( its not so much the rancor scores we miss, its the 1800 raid tokens a day they added to the pot.

didn't help that 2 of them were officers either!!

Edited by taulover55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VanorDM said:

Anyone consider Discord for communications?

my current guild has it but its not actively used really. 

 

would be good to arrange the raids etc but generally we just lark around and chuck memes about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sithborg said:

one of my friends is just starting out and i told him he needs a scoundrel team (and Dooku) then this popped up and he now has a full scoundrel team just in time for the credit heist!!

they do look interesting though, I'm keen to see how they fair but again I'm upset they aren't resistance, especially as they were instrumental in destroying Star Killer Base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People also need to check their rosters and see if they are close to activating any toons.  I found I was only a few shards away from activating some guys, and at the very least, this will help out with the first few stages of platoon staffing.  If everyone can open up just 2-3 more guys, we could probably open quite a few more platoons on the first couple of stages.  The toons that I saw most needed for platoons that went unfilled were Rogue One characters, Wedge/Biggs, Lando, ST HAN, and Chirrut/Baze.

 

A more controversial suggestion would be to tell people that are below levels 75-80 to not do any Squad battles and use all of their guys in platoons (focusing on the above mentioned characters).  That way the high level guild members can use their Wiggs and Chaze comps to complete 6/6 squad battles and the <level 75-80 guys can use their Chaze and Wiggs to fill out squads, which may ultimately help us get one star easier in the later phases.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Arrowman said:

People also need to check their rosters and see if they are close to activating any toons.  I found I was only a few shards away from activating some guys, and at the very least, this will help out with the first few stages of platoon staffing.  If everyone can open up just 2-3 more guys, we could probably open quite a few more platoons on the first couple of stages.  The toons that I saw most needed for platoons that went unfilled were Rogue One characters, Wedge/Biggs, Lando, ST HAN, and Chirrut/Baze.

 

A more controversial suggestion would be to tell people that are below levels 75-80 to not do any Squad battles and use all of their guys in platoons (focusing on the above mentioned characters).  That way the high level guild members can use their Wiggs and Chaze comps to complete 6/6 squad battles and the <level 75-80 guys can use their Chaze and Wiggs to fill out squads, which may ultimately help us get one star easier in the later phases.   

I'm happy to try this. I imagine I would do just as well with a lesser squad if they had some boosts. Did we get any beyond Tier I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sithborg said:

I do think it is okay if you use less powerful teams in the Combat Missions. 

Here is my thought.  We achieved two stars in phase 1, one star easily in the next couple of phases (but were years away from getting two stars), and then struggled to get one star in the latter phases. 

Sacrificing points (by staffing platoons instead of combat missions with lower level peeps) in the first 2-3 phases probably won't hurt us.  Being able to complete a few more squad challenges in the latter phases will help us get stars quicker on certain phases and help us complete 1-2 possibly.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it makes sense. Prioritize platoons, then use the rest for combat missions. The thing is, the more platoons we complete, the easier the combat missions will be. 

But of course, I have such a wide roster, it is a bit different for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

But of course, I have such a wide roster, it is a bit different for me. 

Mine is pretty wide now too, and I have both the Hoth rebels unlocked so that will help since they're required for combat missions... although they're only 3 stars and not very high level.

But one thing to keep in mind, as far as I know a 3 star Blaze in a platoon is every bit as good as a 7 star one.  So if that's true it makes more sense to put the lowest star/power characters in platoons and save the 7 star powerhouse for combat missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So one of our few active members and the one with the highest galactic power level left our guild in the middle of the territory battles.

With only me and 3 others participating (and one of them only once every few days)....we barely managed to scrape together 7 stars.

14 (15 before that one guy left) people in the guild, and only 4 (5 before the one guy left) are actually active now, with 2 others being newbies who couldn't participate.

All the others hadn't logged in for minimum 30 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my guild started a tank takedown a few days ago.  Only me and one other person have been active in it.  I have just under 600k in damage, while the other guy has less than 25k.  This will take FOREVER!

Also I brought this up awhile back, but is there a reason Padme isn't in the game yet?  She's by far the most major character to not be in the game.  Apparently she's built into the game, but hasn't been released yet.

Also they should totally do jar jar, capt tarpals, and boss noss for lols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phase I is the hardest and longest section. Having done the original AAT, trust me, it is a LOT better. 

For a lot of them, it just seems finding the right time and way to release them.  I mean, Artoo and Wicket were teased at E3 2016.

Edited by Sithborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...