Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

8 hours ago, markcsoul said:

Finally beat galactic war for the first time since making level 85.

It's been incredibly hard lately since my "A" team is way below the power of almost everyone at my level.

It seems that the Galactic War varies wildly from day to day.  Some days it is almost easy, others I struggle to get to the last 2 fights.

5 hours ago, Porkchop Express said:

So the new game mode is availale today and I have no idea how to play it. I should probably learn.

Warrior has a youtube out there about the new game mode that is pretty indepth.  I'd recommend everyone watch it if they get a chance.  There is definitely optimal and suboptimal ways to play the Territory battles.

1 hour ago, Stay On The Leader said:

I think it's how the power level of the squads is calculated - not every buff goes into the maths.

A lot is the synergy.  A Wiggs comp at power level X is much more deadly than a group of random dudes at power level X.  That's the good and bad with the GW math.  If your node 12 is set at 1.5x your squad's power level, than you could just as easily draw a Nihlus led Sith comp or Wiggs/Chaze comp as you could a Chewie/Talia/Luminara/Hoth Rebel Scout/Lobot comp.  But the two former teams will be a lot more deadly than the latter team will be even though they theoretically have the same power level according to the game. 

Ok, some tips for Territory Battles.  Feel free to debate/disagree with any of these.  I am just going off the youtubes I've watched and my personal experience just now.

1.  Fill out the platoons first (The compass looking icon).  You get 10 total toons to put in a platoon. Focus on filling out existing platoons before moving on to unstarted ones.  Also, look at all of the platoons that have open slots.  Start by filling in the most obscure toons possible.  For instance, if a platoon is at 3/15 and requires a Mob Enforcer and you have a Mob Enforcer, fill that slot.  Chances are few other people have that toon so you may be our only shot at completing that platoon.  Also, this is a great dumping ground for your low star toons.  Have a two star Ewok Elder?  Great, dump him in a platoon.  He won't be worth anything in the squad battles.  Try not to put your A and B team guys in platoons.  You can contribute up to 10 toons, so start with your most obscure/under geared toons and work up.  Then go to step two.

2.  Now go to the squad battles (the blaster icons).  Try to save your best two light side teams for the squad challenges.  YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AND THESE AND THERE IS NO RETREATING!  If you can clear 4/6 (which just takes an average team) you can earn us 141k territory points, which is almost as much as filling out platoons 4-6 and more than platoons 1-3.  If you can clear 6/6 (which takes a pretty decent team) you can get us 291k TP.  Then go to step 3.

3.  Deploy the rest of your toons to the territory itself (the downward sloping arrows).  This will be your leftovers from the platoons and squad areas, plus all of your darkside.

I'll edit this as people contribute feedback and tips.

Edited by Arrowman

10 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Pretty certain you have to deploy first, as platoon and battles draws from the characters you deploy. 

The issue is, it doesn't seem to be recognizing my deployment and battle contributions. 

May be semantics.  You have to deploy to the territory, but you don't want to deploy to the down arrow activity before deploying to squad and platoon battles.

It doesn't seem to be recognizing all of my contributions either.  Although the overall contribution meter looks correct (Has me in third right now).

Edited by Arrowman

I'm showing you contributed to some platoons, and have the second overall point contributions.  When I look at the left squad mission, it shows three people having completed it, which I believe is you, me, and Norym.  So I thinking it's just the visual data, not the actual "real" data that is off.

Edited by Arrowman

1 minute ago, Sithborg said:

In the Combat Mission Waves Completed, in the stats sections, just shows you, Norym, and Vandor. And I completed all 12 waves. 

Yeah, it seems all screwed up.

Just now, Sithborg said:

In the Combat Mission Waves Completed, in the stats sections, just shows you, Norym, and Vandor. And I completed all 12 waves. 

I completed one 6/6 and got 5/6 in the other, but is only showing 6 for me.  But the game has crashed on me twice in Territory Missions.

Definitely a learning curve too.

Just now, Norym said:

I completed one 6/6 and got 5/6 in the other, but is only showing 6 for me.  But the game has crashed on me twice in Territory Missions.

Definitely a learning curve too.

So, it looks like there is a but for those who beat the combat missions. 

Looks like with our current size we can one-star both of segments of this phase, but I doubt we could two-star either of them even if we were able to perfectly coordinate everything into one segment.

So far I've been less than impressed with the Territory battles... I was able to deploy like 4 or 5 characters to the one zone, which only has 1 battle, and then I can't deploy anyone to the other one, so I can't do anything there.

There's absolutely no instructions on how do anything... While I can go watch a video on youtube, I really shouldn't need to do that to get a basic understanding of the game.  I also shouldn't be locked out of a whole segment because I deployed half my forces to a different one...

I agree that it should be more intuitive or have more instructions on what to do.  It goes back to one of my original thoughts on this and that is that the game itself doesn't give you a good way to coordinate/communicate with your guild on properly executing these things.  Throw your comments on top of this and it is a mess.  Not to mention the technical glitches.

It would be nice if you could designate a territory battle captain or someone that could analyze a roster and send a particular guildie instructions on who to put in what platoon at the very least.

Right now we seem to have a severe dearth of Rogue One characters to place in platoons.  And Sithborg, you were spot on with the Lobot call.

Edited by Arrowman

If anyone is having issues with it... The video from Warrior does help a lot, although he's a bit irritating... 

But now that I have a better idea what's going on I'll better be able to run the next phase.  Some tips I picked up...

Do not deploy any troops until after you know what's going on.  Also don't put troops into a Platoon until after you've fought the battles.

Its a bit of an issue that half of our active players are under the threshold to participate. 

Yup, combat-platoon-deploy makes sense. 

With  Baze in the store, I will definitely spend my rewards on him. Close to getting to his hard node. Just need Luke to be a little bit more OP. 

Edited by Sithborg

Just now, Sithborg said:

Yup, combat-platoon-deploy makes sense. 

that was the mistake I made with the 2nd phase.  I deployed... Because what deploying does isn't explained very well, and I didn't realize those were two separate areas.

I also didn't realize that by adding a character to a platoon, that means you can't actually use that character in combat.  Which kinda sucks when you donate Hera and then can't use her.

It's also an issue that if the game crashes on you, you're just locked out of that combat.  Had that happen with my first combat, brought in Phoenix and the game crashed before the fight started... So now I get 0 points but the combat is considered completed.

2 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Its a bit of an issue that half of our active players are under the threshold to participate. 

What's the threshold?

Also it seems like you can't do much with DS characters so far anyway... Will the next battle maybe focus on them?  Or is working on my Empire squad a mistake at this point and I should focus more on Resistance and/or Rogue One?