Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

10 hours ago, markcsoul said:

I have all my characters I have active starships for at level 70 currently, and everyone else is at level 63 except for the character I just unlocked today.  So a fair amount behind my 85 guys but not horrible.

I wouldn't level your toons any more than you have to for gear.  A lot of my guys are still in the 70's including my arena team and I am 82.  Keep gearing your guys and don't worry about levels. As far as I can tell, the game doesn't have the typical MMO-esque sliding resistance/dodge/defense mechanics that make it necessary to stay within X levels of the enemy or you suffer penalties.  Boosting your level is adding squad power without the oomph to back it up in my opinion.  If you want luck in GW you need a minimum of two decently geared teams, one no less than 85% of the squad power of your main.  The more teams you have close to your top one, the better chance you will have of being able to grind out that node 12.

Also, your GW score is determined by the aggregate power of your five most powerful toons.  So if your best performing synergized team consists of one or more toons that aren't in your top five, you can boost their power even higher with no penalty to your GW draws.

On 8/24/2017 at 8:20 PM, markcsoul said:

Finally got my "A" team all up to level 85..

I've seldom failed a GW table since getting my Phoenix squad up to 80+ with almost all of them being 7 stars, other than Sabine who's only 6.  

I also have all my Wiggs team to 7 stars other than ST Han, who is also at 6.  So now I'm working on Veers and Stormtroopers.

I just 7 star 5 characters in the last week. So many credits gone so fast. Waiting for Territory battles to start now. I'll be carrying my 10 man guild for that for a while too similar to Raids while I wait for them to catch up to me.  Got Rebels and empire 7 star teams for when Emperor and R2 come around again so I move them from 5 to 7 stars each. Working slowly on my team for Commander Luke. Looking forward to farming Han Solo in cantina node 7D

3 hours ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Juicy, she's going to be 6* for me soon anyway and this will certainly help to power her to 7*!

It would be nice to get some more FO dudes to tie into the movie.

I know I really want a Flametrooper. The Burning status effect is great. I do get a feeling that we are about to get a lot of Dark Side toons, between Inferno Squad and the various First Order toons we could potentially get. I would love the FO Executioner Trooper, Praetorian Guards, and Snoke. 

56 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

I just 7 star 5 characters in the last week. So many credits gone so fast. Waiting for Territory battles to start now. I'll be carrying my 10 man guild for that for a while too similar to Raids while I wait for them to catch up to me.  Got Rebels and empire 7 star teams for when Emperor and R2 come around again so I move them from 5 to 7 stars each. Working slowly on my team for Commander Luke. Looking forward to farming Han Solo in cantina node 7D

Yeah, that's rough. My credit reserve has finally recovered from the amount of leveling and mod upgrades I had to do for the Luke event. 

As for Territory Battles, I actually finished off Lobot who had been sitting at 49/50 for a while now. I just know he is going to be needed for a Platoon. 

On 8/28/2017 at 10:22 PM, Sithborg said:

Send me an ally invite, my ally code is on the first page. 

We are pretty much farming Rancor T5 for now. We just got some active newbies, so likely not going to make the jump to T6 next month. 

Thanks, I am in!

13 hours ago, Sithborg said:

So Phasma is next month's log in character. May be a good reason to look at your First Order/Resistance characters. 

This sucks.  I already have Phasma at 7*.  Besides, putting a character that is farmable in the easiest spot possible as the login reward is garbage.  Wish it would have been FOO or FOST instead.  But it does confirm my suspicion that farming Resistance/FO right now is not a bad decision.

3 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Uhg... I'm feeling a step behind. I'm going to continue trying to get my Phoenix crew to 7* since I'm so close. Also working on my Jedi and Imperials.

I am working on Phoenix and Imperials as well.  The Thrawn and R2 events will come back around at some point.  I skipped working on the Jedi for now.  I don't think Yoda does enough currently for the investment (especially at the expense of Thrawn and R2), unless you really want to make a Jedi arena team or farm defense mods. 

After this month I will have 7* Palpatine, so I only need to 7* my RG and 7* Tarkin to get a 7* R2 this time around.  All my Phoenix are 4*, so I am skipping Sabine and doing what I can to level the rest.  Kanan is taking a back seat to Tarkin right now.  I am only going to get one to 7* by the end of next month so I am betting on R2.  If it's Thrawn, I can get Kanan to 5* before the event runs out to at least unlock Thrawn. 

As an aside, I'd much rather invest in a 7* ShT than RG, but I don't have the crystals to buy the shards (being 100% F2P) and I am still working on LS9 battles to unlock his node.  Besides, chances are I couldn't hard node farm him fast enough to 7* him anyways by the time the event came around. 

I am definitely taking advantage of the 5 hard node tries while they have it active.  Farming Clone Sergeant, RG, and FoTP everyday.  Farming Hera from the Cantina.  Buying Baze shards from the shop, getting Chopper out of the Cantina store, Jyn and Jawa Engineer from the guild store, Tarkin from the Arena store, Umbaran Fight/TF and Zeb from the GW store, and Tie Advance/Slave 1/Chirrut/Mk V droid callers from the Fleet shipments. 

Edited by Arrowman

48 minutes ago, Arrowman said:

This sucks.  I already have Phasma at 7*.  Besides, putting a character that is farmable in the easiest spot possible as the login reward is garbage.  Wish it would have been FOO or FOST instead.  But it does confirm my suspicion that farming Resistance/FO right now is not a bad decision.

Not everyone does. I sure don't. Never bothered with FO team at all yet. Now I am going to do as this is usually a clue for a new event. 

14 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Not everyone does. I sure don't. Never bothered with FO team at all yet. Now I am going to do as this is usually a clue for a new event. 

Phasma is an easy farm, though, that is my main complaint.  At least make the login reward something that isn't in the GW shop, which is by far the easiest route to farming a character.  If you clean the GW table every day, she is a 22 day farm start to finish.  Contrast that with something in a hard mode node.  Even if they have three nodes for 15 tries you will only average 5 shards a day, making it a 66 day farm on average.  Thus the 40 or so shards you get from the login reward are a much better value (worth 3x as much).  If they go back to three hard mode tries a day that would put it at 110 day farm.   

But I agree, people should definitely start trying to farm FO and Resistance toons if they don't have any/many.  They will be useful for something soon, when the next movie drops at the latest.  

Edited by Arrowman

50 minutes ago, Arrowman said:

After this month I will have 7* Palpatine, so I only need to 7* my RG and 7* Tarkin to get a 7* R2 this time around.  All my Phoenix are 4*, so I am skipping Sabine and doing what I can to level the rest.  Kanan is taking a back seat to Tarkin right now.  I am only going to get one to 7* by the end of next month so I am betting on R2.  If it's Thrawn, I can get Kanan to 5* before the event runs out to at least unlock Thrawn. 

I've got Hera, Kanan and Zeb all 7* already.... Sabine and Chopper need less than 70 shards between them to get there so I'm pushing that as much as I can, particularly since Sabine is in my arena team. Really, my Imperials are my next goal since I'm lagging behind. With some luck maybe I can snag the final level of Palpatine this time around to finish him off.

15 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I've got Hera, Kanan and Zeb all 7* already.... Sabine and Chopper need less than 70 shards between them to get there so I'm pushing that as much as I can, particularly since Sabine is in my arena team. Really, my Imperials are my next goal since I'm lagging behind. With some luck maybe I can snag the final level of Palpatine this time around to finish him off.

Hopefully you can.  My rebels are my main squad, so they are starred and geared already.  Shouldn't be a problem unlocking 7* Palp.  I only missed him last time because I was 40 shards short on 7* Wedge.

2 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

I've been working on First Order/Resistance primarily for the mod challenges. 

I am likely going to be using Rebels again. My Luke is definitely getting into badass range. 

I like your Luke.

49 minutes ago, Arrowman said:

Phasma is an easy farm, though, that is my main complaint.  At least make the login reward something that isn't in the GW shop, which is by far the easiest route to farming a character.  If you clean the GW table every day, she is a 22 day farm start to finish.  Contrast that with something in a hard mode node.  Even if they have three nodes for 15 tries you will only average 5 shards a day, making it a 66 day farm on average.  Thus the 40 or so shards you get from the login reward are a much better value (worth 3x as much).  If they go back to three hard mode tries a day that would put it at 110 day farm.   

But I agree, people should definitely start trying to farm FO and Resistance toons if they don't have any/many.  They will be useful for something soon, when the next movie drops at the latest.  

Sure but not everyone will want to farm her that way. Plenty of other characters to farm. this way everyone gets something by doing nothing. No matter who or what the login character is someone is gonna complain about it. Just take the free shard shop currency.