Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

42 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

Just started playing last night so only lvl 20:

465-165-394 - LuckyOswald

i'll send you an ally request later.  feel free to use any of my guys. i think i have an 83 Wedge for the light side and Cantina and maul for dark side (level 70/80 ish) 

Edited by taulover55

Something else I found that may not be super effective but is fun.

Wedge in lead with Lando.  Lando can crit a ton with his AoE attack which heals him thanks to Wedge and gets to keep using it over and over because of the cooldown reduction.

55 minutes ago, taulover55 said:

i'll send you an ally request later.  feel free to use any of my guys. i think i have an 83 Wedge for the light side and Cantina and maul for dark side (level 70/80 ish) 

I'm only level 22 so I will stick to using lower ranked characters until I catually need better allied characters. I don't want to be "that guy".

2 hours ago, Porkchop Express said:

I'm only level 22 so I will stick to using lower ranked characters until I catually need better allied characters. I don't want to be "that guy".

It doesn't actually do anything to the person whose character you use.  So there's no reason not to use them if they're around.  Plus it can be quite amusing to see Sithborgs lvl 80+ Emperor just blast everything to bits.

Edited by VanorDM

3 hours ago, Porkchop Express said:

dont worry about it. is nice to be able to actually do stuff. Luminara will heal and Maul can solo entire levels. you only get to use an allies character once per 4 or 5 hours i think

i'm Giran Kenor on GOH

Edited by taulover55

3 hours ago, LagJanson said:

How do you set which heroes are available for friends/allies to use anyway? I haven't really figured that out. I'm not TRYING to withhold characters from people, I just really don't know what I'm doing.

It's based on your arena team. Whoever is the lead. 

4 hours ago, VanorDM said:

Something else I found that may not be super effective but is fun.

Wedge in lead with Lando.  Lando can crit a ton with his AoE attack which heals him thanks to Wedge and gets to keep using it over and over because of the cooldown reduction.

Add Leia to grant everyone extra crit chance, and have fun. 

12 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

Should there be any characters that I should be working towards, or do I just go with who I like?

Also could somebody send me an invite to a guild so i can unlock the game options?

That depends entirely on you. There are power characters - Dooku, Nihil-somebody-or-other, danged Chirrut/Baze combo - but I'll admit I'm more of a play what you like type person. Luckily, Wedge/Biggs happens to be pretty potent too... The Rebels team is surprisingly fun (but not possible to improve on currently...) I'd look for synergies between your chosen characters.

I'm pretty sure you'll see an invite shortly...ish... I see your friend-code at the top of the page and send a friend request tonight when I get access to the game again.

About the only real guideline I would say is to at least put a little focus on a team of Scoundrels, since the Credit/Training Droid events are key for keeping the rest of your characters leveled up. 

Other than that, just remember that if you want Yoda, you need Jedi. If you want Palpatine, you need Rebels. For the most part, just work on the characters you want. Besides, you will never know when a character will get a sudden boost into relevance. I know I've been working on gearing up Veers a bit in anticipation of his rework next month. Hoping Tarkin, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Magmatrooper also gets a pass through. 

And Guild invite sent. 

Edited by Sithborg

We are really only doing tier 4, so you can at least throw someone in to get the reward when we start Rancor again. 

Don't worry about AAT. I've been a bit tempted restart it if we got more high level players, but I really, really don't want to go through phase 1 again. 

Oops, guess I was wrong about who you borrow. Seems to be whoever is the leader of the event type (Cantina, LS, DS). 

So, apologies if you haven't seen my Emperor show up. I've been enjoying playing with Phoenix and Saxon Imperials. 

34 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Oops, guess I was wrong about who you borrow. Seems to be whoever is the leader of the event type (Cantina, LS, DS). 

So, apologies if you haven't seen my Emperor show up. I've been enjoying playing with Phoenix and Saxon Imperials. 

No worries. It probably means people see Wedge for me nearly constantly since at the moment I really have only one power team. Occasionally Hera will pop up or Vader.

AAT I'm still kicking away at it with what I've got. Clearly it's slowly being ground down and will be defeated, but it's a grind. Might get Wedge up to the required 6 star level soon which will give me five characters.

I really need to work to improve my Imperials or Scoundrels after that though. I've been too focused on Rebels.

And dang it, Vader's TIE seems to be only available for purchase in the middle of the day or something. I buy the blue prints from the fleet purchase area whenever I see them, but so far it's only been on weekends. Fleet in general seems to be so high variance that I'm never sure if I'm hitting above my weight class or below it.