Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

i cant wait for Mando's!!!! lol. would prefer Fenn over Gar Saxon but they'd have to have him as light not dark side.

I'm stoked for the Ghost and Phantom ships though. already looking at what i need for them!!

Also on the official update forum

WHAT’S AHEAD

The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass

Beep beep, boop, beeeeep

I'm guessing R2D2 given his model was used for Chopper events

Is it just me or is the starship combat completely broken?

I mean on the off chance the game doesn't simply crash when I try to play it.  I've gone up against guys with 10k less power than me and got destroyed.   It's not even like you can customize the ships or anything, so I just don't get it.

In the squad arena I get that lower power doesn't always mean much, because they could be a well built team with lots of synergy, high speed, ect... That makes them better then the power level would show.  But you can't really do that in the Fleet stuff.

7 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

I mean on the off chance the game doesn't simply crash when I try to play it.  I've gone up against guys with 10k less power than me and got destroyed.   It's not even like you can customize the ships or anything, so I just don't get it.

In the squad arena I get that lower power doesn't always mean much, because they could be a well built team with lots of synergy, high speed, ect... That makes them better then the power level would show.  But you can't really do that in the Fleet stuff.

It is hit or miss in there.

I find that if i miss an attack, or someone dodges it i'm screwed for that fight. likewise some of the combos are fun. my fleet is biggs, wedge, ahsoka, jedi consular and Mauls Scimitar. Is fun when Biggs Taunts then maul gives him revenge and he keeps smacking people about.  helps with him being one of my most powerful ships.

The Ghost/Phantom combo looks mean though.

3 hours ago, taulover55 said:

Also on the official update forum

WHAT’S AHEAD

The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass

Beep beep, boop, beeeeep

I'm guessing R2D2 given his model was used for Chopper events

R2 was shown last E3, so he has been expected for a while. Along with Wicket for a complete Ewok team. 

1 hour ago, VanorDM said:

The power rankings have little effect in ships. Similarly, some squads in arena the power ranking isn't exactly the full story. 

2 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

The power rankings have little effect in ships. 

ok, but when the other guy has the same ships I do, Resistance X-Wing, Biggs, Jedi Consular, First Order Tie, ect... all lower level than my ships with the same number of stars... How exactly is it they can table me without a single loss on their part?

My cap ship, all my fighters, ect...  Are all higher level, fully upgraded sometimes more stars.  There's just no way I can see that I should lose a fight like that.

3 hours ago, Sithborg said:

I can only assume it's the pilots that are making the difference. 

That could be it, but the pilots should raise the squads power level.. Unless it's just that power level doesn't actually mean anything.

I'm honestly just trying to figure it out.  If I have higher power level, higher level ships, more or same level of start, ect... Then I should win.  But it doesn't seem to work that way.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the fleet PvP stuff just doesn't work like it should, if I'm playing the AI and making use of my abilities, I should be able to beat a weaker squad... I can do that 7 out of 10 times in Squad Arena and when I don't it's clear it's due to a squad with better synergy or speed.

6 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

Tip number one for fleet arena: use Mace. 

Tip number two for fleet arena: don't fight against Mace. 

Are we talking about spraying your opponents with the aerosol based self defence spray? 

Or hitting them with a large spiky iron ball on a stick?

11 hours ago, WonderWAAAGH said:

Tip number one for fleet arena: use Mace. 

Tip number two for fleet arena: don't fight against Mace. 

I don't mind mace.  keep Ahsoka alive and focus down one ship (preferably one that taunts anyway) and its all good. I use Ackbar for extra funsies and reset of ability cooldowns.

the Ghost/phantom event didnt work so im a sad panda today :(

Edited by taulover55

Power level doesn't tell the whole story in fleet battles. I find Windu's ability particularly tough when the opponent has a couple of tanks (Biggs, ARCs...) and just moves the taunt around preventing any one ship from dying. The gear rating of the pilots do factor in somewhat as well, which can be surprising. I've been loving it.

I've been busy, so I've fallen back from top 25 to top 50. I'm about to unlock Wedge's X-Wing, but I've been flying Ashoka, Biggs, Jedi Counselor, TIE Fighter and TIE/FO as my primary five supported by Ackbar. It's been pricey to upgrade Home One. I find Ackbar to be unremarkable until his late game ability fires off and allows every fighter to shoot twice, including special abilities twice if available. Absolutely devastating and turns the tide instantly.

I'm just happy that 6 of my 7 Starfighters (that I can field at once) and one of my capital ships are all the same level as I am currently.  No need to level up my 3 extra fighters until I can carry another one into battle.  I do sometimes bump the other two capital ships a bit to help with the tasks that require them.

So trying something new on the GW table...

Ackbar in lead with Wedge/Biggs, Chewie and Luminara.  I don't know how well it will work, so far after 5 fights it's gone well.  But it's great fun to see so many attacks out of turn. :)

I was using Ackbar to lead Wedge and Biggs, but I've switched to Wedge leading Biggs and Ackbar. I lose out of always having at least one attack when I do a heal or other non-damaging special, but the gain in offensive power has been tremendous. Haven't settled on my fifth Rebel yet. I've used Leia, Cassian and Sabine. The latter two have been much more successful for me. Sabine is great for taking down the big characters and tanks with that armor slash, and Cassian hits harder consistently.

Something interesting I just ran into.  Apparently Fett can stop Fett from respawning.

I used his rocket attack on the other guys Fett and he didn't come back even though he had the buff still.  Then next match the other guys Fett did the same thing to mine.

I'll try Wedge in lead and see how it goes.  My Wedge and Ackbar are still somewhat underpowered, but they're fun to use. :)

They are definitely fun to use!

My Fett is underwhelming. Far below the curve on equipment right now. I enjoy the Rebel characters so I've kinda focused on them a bit. Sabine is potent on him though - that armor slash is permanent even if he does respawn.

24 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

Something interesting I just ran into.  Apparently Fett can stop Fett from respawning.

I used his rocket attack on the other guys Fett and he didn't come back even though he had the buff still.  Then next match the other guys Fett did the same thing to mine.

I'll try Wedge in lead and see how it goes.  My Wedge and Ackbar are still somewhat underpowered, but they're fun to use. :)

Fetts rocket attack prevents a respawn/revival.

I'm running Wedge Lead with Biggs, Ackbar and Scarif rebel pathfinder with K2S0. I'm sorting out Cassian to replace the pathfinder to see how that will go.

I hate running into sith teams though. they ruin my day.

Edited by taulover55