Conandoodle

Anyone playing SW: Galaxy of Heroes app?

Now if only that Palp event would hurry up and get here. I've been literally counting down the seconds for like the last month. It is SOOO tempting to just pour everything I've saved for Palp into Boba now that I have him. Hopefully I don't give in to the dark side... 45 minutes left... My training droid finger is starting to get a terrible itch.

Edited by TitaniumChopstick

So I just noticed that we almost have enough AAT tickets to start that as well as the Rancor. I know not everybody will be able to contribute, but should I go ahead and start it when we have enough anyway? It might take a while to finish, but I think it would be nice to get some better gear and guild currency. 

5 hours ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

So I just noticed that we almost have enough AAT tickets to start that as well as the Rancor. I know not everybody will be able to contribute, but should I go ahead and start it when we have enough anyway? It might take a while to finish, but I think it would be nice to get some better gear and guild currency. 

As long as you aren't doing the legendary aat it should stay open until its completed. its good fun but Grievous is a pain in the butt. 

also when you get to the tank, take out the main gun all the time (preferably before it fires) as it can delete a toon per shot. use AOE attacks to do bits of damage to the side guns and keep smacking the main body. when the side guns are low, save your assist attacks to hit the main body when its stunned.

my guild has just started its second run through of the aat raid. its good fun. i'll crack on levelling up my boys toons to get him involved in it

Edited by taulover55

So need some advice. :)

My main team right now is Barriss Offee as the leader, Mace, Chewie, Vader and Luminara Unduli.  Mace, Chewie and Luminara are all 5 stars, the others are 4, and I'm working on getting them all lvl 7 gear.

It's not so much that I love Jedi, it's just that my 3 most powerful characters are Jedi.

I also really like having Boba in the team because of his lock down ability, double attack and ignoring tank ability.  I like Vader's Force Crush and Culling Blade, I like Mace's Smite attack to purge buffs.

With a core of the two healers, and Chewie... What's the better option between Vader, Mace and Fett?  Or maybe I could do without a second healer?

I'd probably say Mace for the synergy - but I'm not as experienced either. I know my Rebel list, Ackbar, Biggs, Luke, Scarif Pathfinder has been effective just based on the speed increases and synergy boost. I have a Jedi consular with them for healing.

Both Fett and Vader are monsters. Individually they just do so much. Mace hasn't seemed quite as powerful solo.

4 hours ago, VanorDM said:

So need some advice. :)

My main team right now is Barriss Offee as the leader, Mace, Chewie, Vader and Luminara Unduli.  Mace, Chewie and Luminara are all 5 stars, the others are 4, and I'm working on getting them all lvl 7 gear.

It's not so much that I love Jedi, it's just that my 3 most powerful characters are Jedi.

I also really like having Boba in the team because of his lock down ability, double attack and ignoring tank ability.  I like Vader's Force Crush and Culling Blade, I like Mace's Smite attack to purge buffs.

With a core of the two healers, and Chewie... What's the better option between Vader, Mace and Fett?  Or maybe I could do without a second healer?

Pure healers do eventually lose thier value to some extent after a certain level (as I am currently finding out) because of the insane amount of protection that some characters have. For instance, my Royal Guard, Nihilus and St. Han have about 12k protection on average. What this generally means is that no healing will effect them for about half of the battle until they lose all of thier protection. Healers tend to have lower DPS (damage per second) than other characters like Rey, Palp, Boba and Vader, meaning that while your healers are waiting for your allies to lose thier protection, you are likely losing the damage race for the first half of the battle. That said, Luminara was great for me up until the point that all my characters got signifigant protection, so I'm sure either her or Barriss will be fine for you until that point. 

I probably wouldnt run 2 healers, just for lack of damage output. What I used to do is run Akbar as lead to get rid of my team's debuffs while also giving them a little bit of support heal. Akbar also lets a Rebel ally assist any time an ally uses an ability that isnt an attack, which helps with the lower DPS of healers since you don't lose an entire attack just to heal. 

The way I look at squad building is to basically just make sure I have all the basic roles filled:

1. At least 1 tank (my preference is Royal Guard for his stun and auto taunt that doesnt ever waste an opportunity to attack)- Helps to keep damage off of your DPS characters

2. Ability blocker/Stunner (Such as Old Ben, Palp or Boba)- Special attacks tend to do more damage, so it is very helpful if you can deny your opponent the opportunity to use them. Ability block also helps to ensure that your tank can't have thier taunt taken away by somebody like Qui-Gon or Mace. 

3. Cleanser ( Akbar, Rex, Chirrut)- as mentioned earlier, ability block and/or stun can be a pain in the ***, so you generally are going to want somebody on your team who can get rid of those ( this is the only role my current team lacks).

4. DPS (Rey, Palp, Vader, Boba)- You really need characters who will punish your opponent while they are forced to spend time hitting your tank. Preferably, these characters either call another ally to assist (Qui-Gon) attack multiple times (Rey) or just have some ability that lets them hit harder (Vader's Culling Blade, Boba or Nihilus' last special attack).

5. Dispeller (Nihilus, Qui-Gon, B2 Super Battle Droid, Boba Fett)- Opposing tanks can be very annoying to deal with (especially if there is more than 1), so ALWAYS make sure you have somebody in your team to get rid of them. Preferably, somebody who dispels with a basic ability (as to avoid ability block) such as Nihilus or Sun Fac. Boba is also great for just ignoring taunts entirely and dispelling with his last special ability. 

These are what I call the 5 basic roles in this game, so lets look at my current team to see if I actually follow my own advice:

Nihilus as lead: Dispels with his basic, pseudo ability block with Drain Force, high DPS with Annihilate and a support healing ability for Sith in the event that my tanks get focused too fast.

Palp: Stuns enemies, can shock them to prevent healing, high DPS (especially against Rebels and Jedi) 

Vader: More DPS with Culling Blade. Combos with healing from Nihilus. Will be swapped out for Maul (and his Daze that prevents counter attacks).

St. Han: Taunts to keep damage off DPS characters. Feeds extra turn meter to said DPS characters whenever he takes damage, equating to multiple extra turns over the course of battle. Also, a nice trick with St. Han is to make him have more SPEED (via mods)than any characters on the opposing team. What this does is let him go first and taunt. When he taunts, he gives all allies extra turn meter, which generally lets everyone else on your team take a turn before your opponent has had the chance to do anything. If your opponent can't get rid of Han's taunt in the following rounds (ability block/stun), they are forced to keep hitting him which again, feeds extra turn meter to guys like Palp.

Royal Guard: Han will likey die at some point with everybody on the opposing team focused on him, so another taunt is a good idea to draw fire off my Sith if they fall below 50%. The Sith can also heal like crazy while my opponent is focused on RG. If they fall back below 50%, Royal Guard keeps taunting over and over again, letting the Sith do their heal repeatedly. 

Tl;dr: Just make sure that you have at least 4/5 of the basic roles filled, then look for supporting synergy like Nihilus helping Sith heal or Barriss giving Jedi extra health. Also, Boba Fett is in three of the basic roles I covered, making him extremely well rounded and able to fit into just about any team. I would recommend working on him more than anybody else. :)

Man, I really wish I was better at giving myself advice on my arena team. It is much easier to give advice to other people, as I am quite biased when it comes to my own team.  I am having one heck of a time tying to figure out whether I want to use Vader or Maul at their current levels. My brain is telling me to use Vader, as he is far less squishy right now, but it is just so **** fun to play Maul. He is hitting about as hard as Vader most of the time and even hits harder vs Jedi, but I'm just not sure he has enough health right now to be worth it, even though Daze is amazing. 

Edit: I will definitely be using Maul though if I keep seeing more Dookus under a Nihilus lead. That guy is so annoying when he counter attacks you twice every time you hit him and he ends up just healing for as much as you hit him for. Maul's Daze puts a stop to that **** real quick.

Edited by TitaniumChopstick

44 minutes ago, TitaniumChopstick said:

Man, I really wish I was better at giving myself advice on my arena team. It is much easier to give advice to other people, as I am quite biased when it comes to my own team.  I am having one heck of a time tying to figure out whether I want to use Vader or Maul at their current levels. My brain is telling me to use Vader, as he is far less squishy right now, but it is just so **** fun to play Maul. He is hitting about as hard as Vader most of the time and even hits harder vs Jedi, but I'm just not sure he has enough health right now to be worth it, even though Daze is amazing. 

Edit: I will definitely be using Maul though if I keep seeing more Dookus under a Nihilus lead. That guy is so annoying when he counter attacks you twice every time you hit him and he ends up just healing for as much as you hit him for. Maul's Daze puts a stop to that **** real quick.

i Adore maul!! 

Just got him to 6* and use him where ever possible. i'm almost done with putting one more gear item on Biggs then i'll be focusing on him solely.

I need to rework my arena team, normal team is Luminara as lead, then Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka and either Vader or Chewie.

I may go with Maul, Vader, royal guard Sith Assasin and possibly Palp but hes a little weak at the moment (hence my working on my Rebels and getting K2S0 to 6* for the next tier)

I constantly change places between 1st and 6th for the ship battles.

Biggs, Wedge, Maul, Ashoka, Boba Fett, Fives, and the Jedi Consular are the ones that dominate the ship battles at the top.  Vader, Genosian Spy/Soldier, and Rex tend to fill out the rest.

i have biggs, wedge, jedi, ashoka and Jedi Starfighter out first then have bistans u wing, poe and the t70 in reserve. it seems to be the mon cal and windus ship dominating in my shard. im hoping to get my boys imperial fleet sorted (so vader, ties, slave one and the geonosians as filler)

Does anyone know if the Phoenix squad events will get rotated back in again?  I really like them but I'm not going to pay $10 per character just to get them to 3 stars, and then who knows how much to get them past that.

10 minutes ago, VanorDM said:

Does anyone know if the Phoenix squad events will get rotated back in again?  I really like them but I'm not going to pay $10 per character just to get them to 3 stars, and then who knows how much to get them past that.

i was thikning the same. I'm hoping a new round of levels is opened up with the curent rewards being rejigged like when ships showed up.

i just want the ghost and Phantom now!!!

I don't think so. The Phoenix squad events seem to be a one time only kind of deal. After the whole event, probably going to get an overpriced pack for more shards. Then about 4-6 weeks after that, they will be moved to Chromium packs and the Shipment store for crystals for 4-6 weeks. Then they will get moved to a farmable location. The Rogue One characters should be becoming farmable next month.