Sign in to follow this  
Arcana57

Quadjumper/stay on target

With the recent FFG ship review of the quadjumper, a few of us in our group were wondering about how the Stay On Target EPT would work with the 1 speeds on it. If you do a 1 forward could you use SOT to change it to a 1 backwards?

I'd go out on a limb and say you will not be allowed to change the forward into a reverse.  Perhaps the same template is being used but it'll be how it's being used.  I see the speed as effectively -1 instead of 1.

I'm thinking of the change your speed precedent where you couldn't change a foward into a speed zero stop.

I'd go out on a limb and say you will not be allowed to change the forward into a reverse.  Perhaps the same template is being used but it'll be how it's being used.  I see the speed as effectively -1 instead of 1.

I'm thinking of the change your speed precedent where you couldn't change a foward into a speed zero stop.

That's a pretty thin limb.

"Speed" on page 18 of the Rules Reference: "The speed of a maneuver is indicated by the number of the maneuver below the bearing arrow on the dial."

This is absolutely not related... Forward 1 is "1" speed. Speed 0 move is a guess what, drum roll, Speed "0"...

You will be able, the reverse is a bearing, you can change a forward 3 to a segnor loop 3 so you can change a bank 1 to a reverse 1

From rulebook:

MANEUVER

Each selection on the maneuver dial is a single maneuver, which consists of a speed (number), a bearing (arrow), and a difficulty (color).

Unless the reverse maneuver reference makes a specific exception, the reverse maneuvers on the quadjumper are Speed 1, difficulty red, and bearing reverse bank left / reverse straight / reverse bank right. Stay On Target allows you to change the bearing of the maneuver, and so you could rotate the dial to one of the six maneuvers that has a number 1 bellow the icon.

Edited by Daniel Beaver

I know preview articles have been wrong before, but in the "I'll Show You the Dark side" article under the Quadjumper preview doesn't it say something like "no less than six speed 1 maneuvers" meaning that they're counting the reverse maneuvers as speed 1?