Sign in to follow this  
Mattman7306

Scum Buying Help

Looking to get into scum. My collection already includes all of rebel and imperial + the star viper. I'm only looking to get 2 things right now. My thoughts are Most Wanted + a large ship. My question is, given my current collection, which scum ship would be the best addition? 

Thanks

The Punishing One expansion is pretty much Most Wanted 2.0 in terms of containing essential Scum cards. The JumpMaster is a strong and versatile ship and basically every pilot and upgrade card in the pack is great. 

Isn't it general consensus that you need 2 Jumps to be competitive?

The Punishing One expansion is pretty much Most Wanted 2.0 in terms of containing essential Scum cards. The JumpMaster is a strong and versatile ship and basically every pilot and upgrade card in the pack is great. 

Isn't it general consensus that you need 2 Jumps to be competitive?

Not really - Scum is pretty much mix and match good ships in whatever combo suits your fancy. JumpMasters are points efficient and flexible so they are easy to work into diverse squads and they perform well at a variety of point levels. I would say they are the best ship in the game at the moment.

Shadowcaster!!

Is the funniest scum large ship that you can buy, without needing other ships for the cards.

This is what I was thinking. Shadowcaster + 2 TLT Ys gets thrown around alot

Eheh Paul Heaver still alive!

Sorry, I may not be making myself clear. Which large ship comes ready to play out of the box best?

a rundown of your options:

Punishing One / JumpMaster- comes with a ton of essentials, the pilots work well with the upgrades in the box + your previous collection, no "must have" upgrades missing to make the ship competittive.

Shadow Caster / Lancer Pursuit Craft - comes ready to go out of the box, but has more niche cards than the Punishing One pack. Still a solid choice.

IG-2000 / Aggressor - these really work best in pairs but you can get away with just one now that IG-88 D crew is out in the Shadow Caster. About half of the upgrades in the box are janky so not a lot of stuff that will be useful on your other Scum ships. You're really relying on your existing Rebel/Imperial collection to make these ships work (HLC, FCS/Advanced Sensors, Autothrusters, etc.) rather than what comes in the box.

Hound's Tooth / YV-666 - out of the box these are a bit lackluster - the upgrades included are a lot of repeats of things you have from other expansions. The ship itself really shines when you have a lot of good Scum crew to choose from (Zuckuss + 4-LOM from the Mist Hunter and Dengar from the Punishing One are the most popular 3). Don't pick this up first.

I would also say the Jumpmaster. Manaroo is probably the most versatile pilot in the game. It also comes with Mindlink which is one of the most effective upgrades if played correctly. Dengar crew and pilot are both excellent as well. If you can pickup a 3rd mindlink I would tell you to get 2 protectorates instead of MW. In the end it comes down to what you want to play so have fun with whatever you get!

Shadowcaster!!

Is the funniest scum large ship that you can buy, without needing other ships for the cards.

It would be funnier if it had cloak. It will need alternative rules for large ship de-cloaking movements.

What? The caster doesn't need any cloack

Actually, I will not say Jumpmaster. I agree with all the comments above but there's 2 things to considerate:

-Dengar and Trevura are boring. Just annother PWT in the game...even more than dounut Dash.

-Manaroo in great, true, but you don't have others scum ship to pair with!! She doesn't works well with the Most Wanted, and you will build just 1 list: ManaGuriPalob. It's ok, but is just one list.

I still say Shadowcaster. It works in a lot of ways, giving you A LOT of lists that you can build up.

Actually, I will not say Jumpmaster. I agree with all the comments above but there's 2 things to considerate:

-Dengar and Trevura are boring. Just annother PWT in the game...even more than dounut Dash.

-Manaroo in great, true, but you don't have others scum ship to pair with!! She doesn't works well with the Most Wanted, and you will build just 1 list: ManaGuriPalob. It's ok, but is just one list.

I still say Shadowcaster. It works in a lot of ways, giving you A LOT of lists that you can build up.

Really because, you could run Z-95 with ordnance and Manny to hand out the TLs they need... Kavil, Palob, Manaroo is also very cool. You could even go Boba Fett, Manaroo + filler quite easily. It all depends on what he has in his original collection.

Even on the practical level Guidance Chips make the Z-95 much more useful.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

Note this was written before the M3-A buff. Quite of few people seem to think they are OK now, but it will take a little bit of time to see how the meta evolves. I like them though, but I always have.

Actually, I will not say Jumpmaster. I agree with all the comments above but there's 2 things to considerate:-Dengar and Trevura are boring. Just annother PWT in the game...even more than dounut Dash.-Manaroo in great, true, but you don't have others scum ship to pair with!! She doesn't works well with the Most Wanted, and you will build just 1 list: ManaGuriPalob. It's ok, but is just one list.I still say Shadowcaster. It works in a lot of ways, giving you A LOT of lists that you can build up.

Really because, you could run Z-95 with ordnance and Manny to hand out the TLs they need... Kavil, Palob, Manaroo is also very cool. You could even go Boba Fett, Manaroo + filler quite easily. It all depends on what he has in his original collection.Even on the practical level Guidance Chips make the Z-95 much more useful.

True, but Manaroo really shines with Agi3 ships in my opinion. So is better if you have more Protectorates annd Scyks.

Get the JumpMaster. It's a swiss army knife, there's so many interesting options with it's unique upgrade bar, and the title really lets you control how much of your squad you want it to take up for the role it's filling. Dengar is one Scum's best heavy hitters, Manaroo is a fantastic support ship, and the Contracted Scout is more than just a torpedo boat. Also the upgrades in Most Wanted are great with it.

I would also say jumpmaster.

You can make support builds with for example a boosted up Prince Xizor with palob+ manaroo as support.

You can use them as torpedo carriers with K4, guidance and proton torpedos. 

You can use them as a primary ace ship with dengar. Even though you don't have two ships for the 'dengaroo' build you can still make a very potent and independent dengar.