Sign in to follow this  
CBS Ink

Rebel Juke List?

What do you guys think of this possible Rebel Juke list?

Red Ace (6) - T70

"The first time you remove a shield token from your ship each round, assign 1 evade token to your ship."

- R2-D6

- Juke

- Comm Relay

- Stealth Device

(38 points)

Ahsoka Tano (8) - TIE Fighter

- Adaptability +1

- Sabine's Masterpiece

- Captured TIE

- Jan Ors

(21 points)

Poe Dameron (8) - T70

- PTL

- R5-P9

- Pattern Analyzer

- VT (or Autothrusters based on taste)

(41 points)

So my thoughts are that on the first move, Jan Ors gives the Red Ace an Evade token that she keeps the remainder of the game.

Red Ace can even use it in defense as long as at least 1 shield comes off, she gets the Evade Token back.

Then it's just up to Poe and Ahsoka to attack and strip the target ship's Focus Token before Red Ace attacks.

This might be horrible :) but let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Wes Janson or Hotshot Cop-pilot would both work better to strip a token.

Juke is infinitely more efficient on ships with an EPT and a normal way to get an evade token. If you're doing this because you think it will be fun, then have at it. In my opinion Red Ace is one of the worst ways for Rebels to spend 30-40 points.

Edited by jmswood

Red Ace works well as a tank with R2-D2. Fly alongside something more threatening and you can pretty much guarantee she will make it through to the end-game where her toughness and regen are pretty much unbeatable. The only time I have lost her is when I got muddled up in the heat of battle and flew her off the board.  :o

Try this instead:

41 Poe (PS8) (31), PTL (3), R5-P9 (3), PA (2), Autothrusters (2)

36 Red Ace (29), R2-D2 (4), Comms Relay (3), IA (0)

23 Ahsoka Tano (17), VI (1), Sabine's Masterpiece (1), Jan Ors (2), Captured Tie (1), BMST (1)

Edited by Karhedron

Wes Janson or Hotshot Cop-pilot would both work better to strip a token.

Juke is infinitely more efficient on ships with an EPT and a normal way to get an evade token. If you're doing this because you think it will be fun, then have at it. In my opinion Red Ace is one of the worst ways for Rebels to spend 30-40 points.

I was mainly trying to work with a Rebel ship that could carry Juke and Comm Relay, and the T70 is the only one with a tech slot.

I thought Red Ace's ability to get free evades had some good synergy with Juke and Comm Relay.

Red Ace works well as a tank with R2-D2. Fly alongside something more threatening and you can pretty much guarantee she will make it through to the end-game where her toughness and regen are pretty much unbeatable. The only time I have lost her is when I got muddled up in the heat of battle and flew her off the board.  :o Try this instead: 41 Poe (PS8) (31), PTL (3), R5-P9 (3), PA (2), Autothrusters (2)36 Red Ace (29), R2-D2 (4), Comms Relay (3), IA (0)23 Ahsoka Tano (17), VI (1), Sabine's Masterpiece (1), Jan Ors (2), Captured Tie (1), BMST (1)

Great advice. Thanks!

I thought Red Ace's ability to get free evades had some good synergy with Juke and Comm Relay.

This is what I call forced synergy, meaning the synergy doesn't happen without another card ability to make it possible. You have to spend a point on R2-D6 to even make Juke possible, and take the astromech slot in the process. On the side, you're spending points on a ship with a crew slot to reliably give Red Ace an evade token. That's not synergy, it's a crutch.

The Red Ace/R2-D2 build is substantially better. I personally don't like pilots that depend on taking damage to use their ability.

What about GSP A wings with taking PTL and Juke as EPTs. They can focus and evade every turn like mini Darth Vaders.

Wes Or some other high PS pilot strips focus from target and Juke A wings put some pain on 'em. Maybe even outmaneuver and Juke for extra shenanigans?

What about GSP A wings with taking PTL and Juke as EPTs. They can focus and evade every turn like mini Darth Vaders.

Wes Or some other high PS pilot strips focus from target and Juke A wings put some pain on 'em. Maybe even outmaneuver and Juke for extra shenanigans?

I've run a list with 4 Juke and PTL A-wings and it's pretty stressful and can be frustrating. However, get all 4 pointing at the same thing and it's great fun.