Sign in to follow this  
Hellfury

COC LCG Domain Cards

Dear Fantasy Flight Games,

Please make the previous Domain cards (all 27 of them?) available to be included in either a future expansion or its own dedicated asylum pack.

While its all nice and dandy to say just use spare cards as domain markers, this suggestion lacks a bit of flair in an otherwise visually gorgeous game. Previous CCG starters, which they were originally made available in, are becoming increasingly hard to purchase and it makes little sense to buy them since the rest of the cards have little use in a pure LCG environment.

I understand its a request based on vanity, but if games such as Game of Thrones can have resin House cards, I do not beleive it is too much to ask for the previously printed Domain cards to be made available to those who purchase your COC LCG.

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider this suggestion which I am sure are mirrored by many if not all new LCG players.

Keep up the good work!

To other LCG players reading this, if you wish to have the previously printed Domain cards be made available for the LCG, please reply to this thread to let FFG know your interest.

@ FFG Mods: I debated on where the best place to make a suggestion thread for this topic should go, and decided to just stick it here in COC LCG general discussions...

Reprinted domains for newer LCG players is only fair. It is indeed cheesy to have dropped them from release. That said, those of us with three (or all 27) domains are selfishly not interested. I think FFG should make three beautifully carved plastic domains, like the originals I've never seen, or all new.

johnny shoes said:

Reprinted domains for newer LCG players is only fair. It is indeed cheesy to have dropped them from release. That said, those of us with three (or all 27) domains are selfishly not interested. I think FFG should make three beautifully carved plastic domains, like the originals I've never seen, or all new.

yep im with you there having all the old ones i dont really need reprints. ffg could reprint the old ones on one side and make new art for the other. make duel sided domains. shouldnt be that hard to do and would give us older players a reason to buy them.

I finally have a full set now, but I had to buy a $5 (down from $20) starter packs that was on sale during FFGs Thanksgiving clearance. They are nice and I imagine they'd make new domains some day. Especially if those sweet Game of Thrones house cards sell well enough.  

PearlJamaholic said:

ffg could reprint the old ones on one side and make new art for the other. make duel sided domains. shouldnt be that hard to do and would give us older players a reason to buy them.

That is a really good idea actually.  Best of both worlds.

I'll buy any card that is even remotely different. But if you're gonna put out more domains, there's no reason to repeat an old look. Show us a new adventure. We sure could use Dreamlands domains for Noden's sake. I do like the idea that two sides are two different triptychs.

iGaveHimLife said:

If this was in accessories section I would defiantly get them.. but you can pick these up off ebay stores by the truckload.. . . .  for the moment

Youre not exaggerating by even a little on that truckload statement?

I have seen three starters on ebay in the past couple weeks. Hardly truckloads from my POV.

Hmmm, don't know what you are doing wrong, Hellfury, but I just searched ebay usa for 'Cthulhu starter' and found 19 decks available today, both arkham and eldritch starters.  (Nice bargain from Troll and Toad, 38 dollars for a case of ten Eldritch Starters.)  And the guy who offers starter decks plus card coffin continually re-lists. 

Chick

Resin domains, finely sclupted to look like stone would be great. If the game continues to succeed, ie. new AP distribution and special expansions, maybe FFG would consider this a long overdue luxury. Some have no domain cards. Most have many or all of the classics. Few have the original demo deck double sideds. Few have stone domains of old. Only one or two people have the full stone domain collection because they happened to work in a quarry and mined their own.

Thanks for the post! I'm a new player & did not know about the original CCG Domain cards. I quick ordered some via eBay early last week & found them to be much nicer than flipping over some unused cards. However, I'd still appreciate if Fantasy Flight printed more for the new LCG.

Myself, I could care less about resin or stone domain markers.

I just want the basics. The basics that this game sorely lacks, even if it is just a very minor and basic luxury.

Screw it. Sitting here thinking about it, I have come to the realization that FFG will never give us domain cards to use in the LCG.

With that in mind, what FFG really needs to do to avoid the cost of card printing and trying to figure out how to best include them (even though they should have been in the base set box originally) is to just give the players a PDF of the cards so that they could print the domain cards themselves.

* It would cost FFG nothing more than the time it takes to post the card files online

* FFG would lose no money doing this as you need the actual LCG cards to use the domain cards

* Its a nice nod to those who spent quite a bit on the cards already as a bit of customer service

And if folks really wanted to professionally print the domain cards, there are places like Artscow that will print them for a fairly cheap price.

I am convinced that this is the mst expedient cost effective thing that FFG could do to offer the Domain cards to the LCG community.

Hellfury said:

Screw it. Sitting here thinking about it, I have come to the realization that FFG will never give us domain cards to use in the LCG.

Why not? It would be easy to include them in box sets like the upcoming Secrets of Arkham. E.g. if they released on of these sets per year, they could include new story cards every other year and domain cards in the intermediate years.

Shoes said:  "Only one or two people have the full stone domain collection because they happened to work in a quarry and mined their own."

Yep, that was me, thanks for remembering. 

FFG only offered stone domains for five of the seven factions, so I bought appropriate stone tiles and made my own Yog and Agency stone domains, and sold my spares.  Afaik, only Cannon and I, plus a guy in Spain and possibly one Scandinavian have full sets of the stone domains.  Thorondor may also have a complete set. 

If you are interested, you can see the Yog and Agency stone domains by scrolling down here:

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/chicklewis/

The Domains so far:

Demo Deck
F11, F12, F13
F14, F15, F16
Same two triptychs as the Arkham Edition two, but the reverse side is the original Call of Cthulhu Collectible Card Game, versus AE with the same image on both sides.

Arkham Edition (no illustrator credits)
F11, F12, F13     Two investigators with lamp point out a spooky mansion
F14, F15, F16     Rune Pillars in Winter

Arkham Premium (both illus. Michael Komarch)
I 1, I2, I3               Deep Woods Midnight Fire Dance Orgy
M1, M2, M3          Graveyard Tomb

Eldritch Edition F251, F252, F253 (illus. Aaron Acevedo) Investigators with ropes in Grand Cavern

Eldritch Premium
I48, I49, I50           (illus. Aaron Acevedo) Stunned G-Man drops Pistol on Yuggoth
M48, M49, M50     (illus. Alan Bednar) Steps underground, two Cultists in flame guard a tomb.
These triptychs have the old card backs again.

Sure is a slow cthulhu week.