Sign in to follow this  
Skargoth

Captured TIE and Scavenger Crane Interaction

My friend and I are getting pretty heated over this. I won't mention what side of the debate I'm on, but could someone (or everyone) please clarify if the two cards interact based on RAW. And if so, can they perhaps clarify why it does or doesn't?

Thank you!

Does Scavenger Crane explicitly state that it works on Modification upgrades?  Yes.

Is Captured TIE a modification?  Yes.

So Scavenger Crane works on Captured TIE.

Don't try to bring theme or lore or anything else into it.  Do what the card says.

Edited by DailyRich

Scavenger Crane can be used to recover Captured TIE, as the Crane specifically says it can recover discarded Modifications, and Captured TIE is a Modification.

So its entirely possible to attack, losing Captured TIE, you happen to destroy the target (Who in this case would be range 1 or 2), and then the Crane restores Captured TIE before moving onto the next ship's combat phase.

Another reason why Captured TIE should've been the Title and Sabine's Masterpiece the Modification...

But if that happened, I wouldn't be able to run my Sabine's TIE with Experimental Interface, BMST, and Saboteur for a "give them a damage card and then flip it up" one-two (dice gods willing).