Sign in to follow this  
Uumbuku

GR75 Transport as obstacle.

In the rulebook for the GR75 it states it can be used as an obstacle in a standard game instead of three chosen obstacles. It is not under the control of any player and takes no actions or movememt. It follows the huge ship rules for overlapping which make it a giant asteroid in effect. Any ship bumping rolls for damage.

Is this also the case for epic dogfight matches?

Can I deploy it in place of 3 of my 6 obstacles?

Epic tourney rules don't say. And the GR75 rules reference only standard x wing play.

Edited by Uumbuku

I suspected that it wasn't allowed in official tournaments or I would have seen someone using one by now.

Should be OK with the epic game I have coming up. It's a casual tournament and a relaxed crowd who don't mind a bit of variance to liven up the game.

Given how Epic is a less strict game type to begin with, and the fact that you can play however you want outside of official tournaments, there shouldn't be a problem.  Sticklers for rules, however, might point out that the rules for using it as an obstacle do refer to using it in a "standard game" which is by definition a 100-point dogfight and not Epic play.  Just something to keep in mind just incase you get some party pooper try to ixnay the transport as an obstacle (they're probably the kind to demand salad on pizza night too!) :)

I think the rules refer to a standard Epic game but aren't definitive. It would be an extreme obstacle for a standard 100 point match. You could lock off a quarter of the play area with it. Would be good for a bomber list to corral the enemy into a smaller space for movement.

I'll bring 6 standard obstacles just in case...