Sign in to follow this  
Ladrillito

Recaptured TIE

Or that your Imperial pilots now will be reduced to degenerates that can't figure out why that standard (for something thats painted like a two dime Twilek dancer)Tie fighter keeps bombing them...  

I guess imperial pilots are all colourblind? or perhaps it is the helmet? yes it must be, the helmet turns everything black and white?!?

Or that your Imperial pilots now will be reduced to degenerates that can't figure out why that standard (for something thats painted like a two dime Twilek dancer)Tie fighter keeps bombing them...  

"Rogue One Imperials" Title.

Now your Imperial mooks are more efficent and can distinguish a friggin yellow TIE from the usual grey ones...

No, no, see, because it's the lower PS pilots, clearly they assume it's some kind of special ace or unit markings they're not familiar with, and they'd hate to get in trouble with somebody important. 

The problem comes when the Scum and Villians just see that poor lost tie-fighter and decide, 'you know what, I'm gonna let that one go, as my good deed for the day.' "

"after all, karma is the only thing keeping me alive these days....and these great guns" *flexes*

No, no, see, because it's the lower PS pilots, clearly they assume it's some kind of special ace or unit markings they're not familiar with, and they'd hate to get in trouble with somebody important. 

- "Oh... He dropped a bomb on us."

- "Aces... What can you expect?"

Or...

- "He is not attacking the rebel scum, why?"

- "Even more, he is flying in formation with the moustache guy in the X-Wing"

-"Those aces are really eccentric..."

edit: grammarrrr

Edited by Malasombra

Whenever I play around with imperial lists including a tie fighter, the option "title" which I am unable to select (unless you play as a rebel) makes me kinda sad.

Why would you include a tie fighter in an imperial list?

Whenever I play around with imperial lists including a tie fighter, the option "title" which I am unable to select (unless you play as a rebel) makes me kinda sad.

You might think that is where the true error lies, but no, the error lies in the choice of faction. Now go play Dengaroo.

Edited by Juggernawht

I find I must agree with this statement. One should not include a TIE fighter in an Imperial list. One should include lots of TIE fighters.

Edited by Blue Five

Gameplay > fluff

As always

Hilarity always trumps silly adherence to who gives a crap

Golden design rule: Never design a mechanic, that gives players a bad play experience. Reducing "the pilots" in some lists to babbeling idiots you can bomb over and over falls into that kategori... as well as giving Rebels something as iconic for the Empire as the Tie fighter.

Gameplay > fluff

As always

Golden design rule: Never design a mechanic, that gives players a bad play experience. Reducing "the pilots" in some lists to babbeling idiots you can bomb over and over falls into that kategori... as well as giving Rebels something as iconic for the Empire as the Tie fighter.

Unless you have Higher PS than them. Or they actually make an attack. Or you eliminate all their other ships. And they can't bomb you more than once.

And Rebels/New Republic using TIE fighters happened way before Wave X of X-Wing Minis. 

EDIT: Also, while I'm normally not inclined to his argument, I'm annoyed enough to make it anyway. If you're such a master of "golden game design", where's your top selling miniatures game product? 

It wouldn't go far. Because I'm pretty sure there is an EXPANSIVE list of things which could be considered to give players a "bad play experience". I'm pretty sure most people are not inherently amused or pleased when they, say, take hit+crit on a TIE Fighter into a Direct Hit and are done. 

Edited by UnitOmega

I don't expect the captured tie to give a bad play experience. Sometimes hilarious maybe, up there with Keyan Farlander shooting at a Rebel Captive. But that sort of thing seems the opposite of a bad experience. Maybe the joke will become stale if the captured tie is in every Rebel list, but this doesn't look like a meta-dominating upgrade.

If I know I'm facing Imperials, I will use the repaint. It will make them look even dumber.

Now your Imperial mooks are more efficent and can distinguish a friggin yellow TIE from the usual grey ones...

Then this happens.

"Shoot the red stripey one!!!!"

Then this happens.

"Shoot the red stripey one!!!!"

Man... Saber Squadron are 90% grey...

Just keep it simple, shoot the ones that aren't grey or red.

And if you happen to shoot Baron Fel, you'll get what you deserve.

I think the major issue is that nobody likes to be forced into playing the equivalent of Elmer Fudd blushing at a cross dressing rabbit. X-Wing has the ability to have role playing aspects, but they certainly aren't required. You know it is an enemy ship, the build of the ship telegraphs how it will be used, but besides maneuvering to avoid it, there's no other strategy to defeat the card if your force is below the PS coming onto the board.

And more than the Empire and Scum, a rival Rebel player is the head scratchingest bit of logic when using this build.

'Hey look, a TIE Fighter wandered into the area, should we destroy it before it calls for reinforcements?'

'Nah, we're not fighting the Empire today, we're taking down that morbidly obese smuggler'

Gameplay > fluff

As always

NOW I want an imperial X-wing!!

Right now i dislike turrets so much, that i still don't have a K-Wing in my collection.

And i was seriously thinking about selling the YT-2400. I don't like the ship aestethically...

Also i don't play a lot (and never tourneys) so the lack of competition value of the T-65 doesn't bother me much.

And the T65 is my second fav ship evar...

I think the major issue is that nobody likes to be forced into playing the equivalent of Elmer Fudd blushing at a cross dressing rabbit. X-Wing has the ability to have role playing aspects, but they certainly aren't required. You know it is an enemy ship, the build of the ship telegraphs how it will be used, but besides maneuvering to avoid it, there's no other strategy to defeat the card if your force is below the PS coming onto the board.

And more than the Empire and Scum, a rival Rebel player is the head scratchingest bit of logic when using this build.

'Hey look, a TIE Fighter wandered into the area, should we destroy it before it calls for reinforcements?'

'Nah, we're not fighting the Empire today, we're taking down that morbidly obese smuggler'

Of course, none of this was argued by Imperial players when Rebel Captive entered the scene.

Gameplay > fluff

As always

NOW I want an imperial X-wing!!

16107212_10158048704560142_5931992070860

Obviously, the only pilot who could fly an Imp T-65 is Gara Petothel (Aka. Lara Notsil, aaka. Kirney Slane). Of course, that would mean that FFG still produces stuff from the E.U., in which case...

Seriously. A Rogue and/or Wraith Squadron T-65 X-Wing Title... And Garik "Face" Loran... And Faylnn Sandskimmer... And Myn Donos...

Edited by Raynor1111
Spelling