Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Lyon

Fly Backward

So if you had a few of these, you could (in theory) toss a ship from one tug to another, and to another still, if they each had the tractor array and were positioned correctly?  That'd make for some interesting strategies.

So if you had a few of these, you could (in theory) toss a ship from one tug to another, and to another still, if they each had the tractor array and were positioned correctly?  That'd make for some interesting strategies.

You only get moved from the first tractor beam token per round.

Unfortunately not... You only get the forward/sideways move for the first tractor token a ship gets in a turn... Still doesn't stop you stacking the -Agility debuff.

Can someone tell me why this ship has 5 hull? That's beefier than A LOT of ships that are designed for combat

Guess that Tie/SF scored at least one Direct Hit! on Jakku...

It's a tugboat. As said several times it might bump, thus stable build. And it moves lots of cargo and can probably move gigantic ships/pods as well, its basically just 4engines with massive power output and a cockpit. In order to not rip itself apart while doing yard duty it has to be tough. Look how massively and heavily build today's container movers are.

At least the recovery is always successful though. If you only have a single piece of ordnance it is potentially better than Extra Munitions. I'm going to look at it as a one-time use upgrade that has a 75% of getting a second use from. Getting one use out of it for 2 points earns back its points. Anything more than that is gravy.

Well, you're still only getting one use if your opponent is flying a two-ship list. :P

(...)

Nope. Any(!) ship, so uf one of your own ships is killed you can trigger more than once.

I'm pretty hype for this ship. I hope that, even if just for fun, the Constable guy can be used to bomb the living daylights out of a list. Maybe with Gonk and shield upgrade (if those two even work)? haha

Edited by Kilkakon

Scavenger Crane on Dengaroo.  Dengar spends his Countermeasures, kills a ship, then uses Scavenger Crane to pick them back up again.  Makes Dengaroo an even harder matchup for swarmy lists, wonderful.

Scavenger Crane will be stupid good on Dengaroo.

Mmmm.... maybe.

Costs him Glitterstim don't forget, and that's an important part of his ability to take a couple of rounds of fire if the opponent manages to lock Manaroo down.

Also requires he kill a ship at range 1-2 and has a chance that it gets discarded (37.5% I believe). It feels like just another reason to ignore Dengar and go for Manaroo. Once Manaroo is gone he won't have Glitterstim because you took the crane and he won't have focus from Manaroo so he will be easier to kill. An extra, unmodified green die isn't that great. The meta also appears to favor 2-3 ship builds mitigating the value of Countermeasures.

I guess the real issue is what else goes in the list to take advantage of the reduced agility.

Anything, really. Z-95 swarms so you can toss lots of dice at the reduced agility ship. A couple Protectorate Starfighters, so you can hammer something hard. Maybe even an ion Scyk or two- moar control than the gods.

I guess the real issue is what else goes in the list to take advantage of the reduced agility.

Anything, really. Z-95 swarms so you can toss lots of dice at the reduced agility ship. A couple Protectorate Starfighters, so you can hammer something hard. Maybe even an ion Scyk or two- moar control than the gods.

Yeah, any ship. Putting the tractor into the action fase is HUGE. You move before any ace, and tractor him BEFORE he moves. That's is incredibily strong! He simply cannot place a maneuver being safety. Can you immagine? You will be after a boost/barrel roll before you move. Even into a rock or asteroids. Did you set a koyogram over an asteroid? Did you set a green in front of a rock?

Or will you run out of the table?

Seriously, the strongest thing until now was Ketsu, and she put the tractor AFTER you moved. But...be tractored BEFORE you can move? Really? That will CRUSH any ace.

Oh, and of course, don't forget the -1 Agi.

This, Kylo...welcome to the swarm time.

Anyway, Unkar Plut W/Intelligent Agent (or OutlawTech), Cloaking Device, Stigium Particle will work pretty well as a blocker. 4 agilities, great mobility, nice spy action (IA) or nice defense (Focus token onto red maneuvres..into cloak, don't forget) +1 evade token.

Don't forget that you don't have to discard the evade token from stigium when you lost the Device (roll eye, discard, decloack, take an evade. From faq, you keep it for the next turn).

Otherwise, a PS1 Jumper+tractor modify+Unkar crew. Go red, bump, the still take the action.

The fact that its not limited to "One crane per one explosion" is kinda nuts.

Not sure if it would blow out of proportions though to justify "fixing" it. It is after all potential one use.

I've played countermeasures scavenger Crane 2 times now. Got a combined 7 countermeasure triggers on Chewie with it, and not a single blank rolled on the crane yet. I'm assuming that streak ends soon.

While I think it is a very strong card, It does take up the illicit slot, which gives it a lot of competition.

Thats one ship though.

The true shenanigans is losing one Z95 and EVERYONE gets their homing missiles back, or whatever missile they took. One death, 3-5 crane procs. Thats what i was mentioning about a "fix" to prevent that but i sincerely doubt that would ever happen. Both because thats a very risky list to begin with and like you said, it takes an illicit.

Thats one ship though.

The true shenanigans is losing one Z95 and EVERYONE gets their homing missiles back, or whatever missile they took. One death, 3-5 crane procs. Thats what i was mentioning about a "fix" to prevent that but i sincerely doubt that would ever happen. Both because thats a very risky list to begin with and like you said, it takes an illicit.

Only if you actually manage to spend the missiles first.

How I'd expect it to work:

Z swarm moves.  Can't get target lock.  Enemy moves, PS kills a z.  Z swarm moves, gets target lock.  Enemy moves, PS kills another z.  Z swarm fires, if their missiles are at the right range and arc.  Enemy moves, z swarm re locks, enemy PS kills a z, remaining 2 zs get their missiles back.

Wooh?