Sign in to follow this  
mewmartigan

On the Doorstep Bilbo resources

Just to clarify, Bilbo collects resources at the start of each round right? He just can't collect them via cards (like steward of gondor) except the magic ring?

Played Flies and Spiders for the first time today. I don't read encounter cards or quest cards ahead of time so the "make all characters except Bilbo uncounscious" really screwed me, haha.

I guess the best strategy is to beef up bilbo a bit (I know to wait for fast hitch now) and collect resources so I can fix several uncounscious characters at once?

Bilbo collects resources every turn as any other hero would, the only restriction is player card effects.  Yes Flies and Spiders can be mean if you haven't built up a decent stockpile on Bilbo.  Try to get at least 4-6 resource on him before that point. 

I don't think 3A removes resources from Bilbo...just everyone else as they are made unconscious.

When Revealed: Remove all resources from each hero's resource pool. Then, make each character you control (except Bilbo Baggins) unconscious.

Bilbo loses his resources but doesn't become unconscious.