IceQube MkII

European Championships - Awesome!

44 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

@Plagueis is in charge of breakfast

Bear in mind here NebB, none of us is local... not really

that much I gathered, so far. But some of you have probably been there before, know someone who knows, and you also know the "chains" better if there is no proper Viennese Cafe around :)

And I promise to take the lead should you ever come gaming to any Austrian city :)

Having never been to the NEC myself and having used the power of the internet I guess we should head to "The Atrium" aka Wetherspoons at the NEC which opens at 8:00

If you would like to get together for breakfast post a "Yes!!!!!" And I'll add you to the list. 

List Of Those Attending Breakfast So Far

@Plagueis

@NebulonB

@Garro

@GammonLord

@ManInTheBox  (maybe)

@Dr alex

@Akhrin (Maybe)

@Aresius

Edited by Plagueis

On 24/05/2017 at 10:02 PM, Plagueis said:

Your the one that enjoys writing lists... so I think you should be in charge.... i'lll support.....

I was born as a middle manager. This is me being in charge. It got organised....

On ‎25‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Plagueis said:

Having never been to the NEC myself and having used the power of the internet I guess we should head to "The Atrium" aka Wetherspoons at the NEC which opens at 8:00

If you would like to get together for breakfast post a "Yes!!!!!" And I'll add you to the list. 

I might have missed it, but at what day? Friday before the tournament?

I was so hoping to hop over to this, but the price of flights for the weekend suddenly went through the roof for anything that's arriving remotely in time for the events, so it looks like I'm going to have to miss out.

Since I can't make it to this, I might give X-wing Nationals a miss and throw my oar into Armada instead. It was last years trip to X-wing Nationals that actually got me interested in Armada, so it'd be somewhat poetic...

On 2017-5-25 at 9:39 AM, Plagueis said:

List Of Those Attending Breakfast So Far

@Plagueis

@NebulonB

@Garro

@GammonLord

@ManInTheBox  (maybe)

@Dr alex

@Akhrin (Maybe)

@Aresius

I'm on the train arriving at 7.33 to Birmingham International and I will be ravenous for breakfast. Hopefully that's plenty of time to deal with increased security, picking up tickets, registering etc.

How are we recognising each other? Should I wear a pink carnation?

I think that @Irishmadcat is also going but I'm not sure if he'll be there for breakfast.

Edited by ManInTheBox

On 26/10/2016 at 6:28 PM, DerErlkoenig said:

Hey guys, we have an OP staffmember in our FB group who gave us some more details on the rules for the Team Tournament side event at Worlds. I think these expanded rules will pretty much clear up all the confusion, at least all the confusion I've heard of so far.

Here is a brief rundown for - Team Armada:

1) 300 points per player (600 total per team). Squadrons are capped at 100.

2) Players must share the same faction

3) No doubling up on Unique ships or upgrades on the same team

4) Fleet Commanders do not effect allied ships.

5) Players do not have to alternate activations (IE. Bill and Ian are on a team playing vs Jimmy and Matt. Ian activates his MC30C, Jimmy activates his Raider, Bill activates his CR90, Jimmy activates his Gladiator (even though Matt hasn't activated his VSD yet). During the squadron phase, Bill and Ian can each activate an X-Wing, or Bill can activate his HWK-290 and his X-Wing, etc etc.

He clarified that Dodanna works as written (so he affects every face up damage card taken by both opponents.)

I asked if allied units are "friendly" to each other for the purposes of Howlrunner, Jan, Comms Net, Projection Expert, etc. He clarified that they are not. Also, a ship with a squadron command is unable to activate his allies squadrons.

Hope everyone is able to swing their list choices to deal with the updated rules.

I'll ask about initiative, too.

Edit:

Update on initiative (I'll edit the OP, too.) The OP guy said that he predicts (so be prepared for this to be wrong, but I doubt it) that initiative will probably be determined by team bid, rather than single player with the largest bid, or something of that nature. (In this case, Tom and Brent each have 290 points, while Bill and Ted have 285, and 300 respectively, Team T&B have the higher bid overall, despite Bill having the highest single bid, so they would determine who is first player.)

2 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Star Wars Armada Team Event: 10am

Great work Esvedium. Now what are the rules to this side event.....

Where did you find this? I can only find the Armada Main Event over 3 days. 
I was hoping, that there is a team event on Sunday, but i found no Infos for this so far.