IceQube MkII

European Championships - Awesome!

16 hours ago, Plagueis said:

I'll be arriving Thursday to set up my tent at the campsite and get my tickets sorted so if anyone wants to organise a breakfast for Friday morning then let me know when and where and Pm me a phone number so I don't by mistake end up sitting down to breakfast with xwing players... I shall be sporting my nerdy black custom T-shirt with Christopher Davies " Plagueis" on the back.. 

I've booked a hotel but never considered camping. Would you mind sending over the details of the camp site? I might swap to that if it looks good.

15 hours ago, anothermorat said:

You would be correct, I'll be coming up, though it might be on Friday morning. So I doubt I'll be making breakfast...

I'm working out my travel plans; whether I come up Thursday evening or Saturday morning. I'm leaning towards the evening just so Friday won't be such a mega long day. I'd be up for breakfast, if so.

Nothing like leaving things last-minute, but finally sorted so I'll be travelling south for this too. We're getting into Birmingham just after 8 on the Friday so depending on when this soon-to-be-legendary breakfast takes place I'd be all sorts of up for that. 

After the unspeakable Manchester atrocity (I hope no one of you in the UK lost someone, and my condolences to all who did, Forum or otherwise) and with the UK being on the highest alert (for now), will this be a more muted event?

I am concerned, but cant let them dictate life. I hope we will meet for breakfast and have good days in the spirit of mutually shared positive aspects of life.

3 hours ago, NebulonB said:

After the unspeakable Manchester atrocity (I hope no one of you in the UK lost someone, and my condolences to all who did, Forum or otherwise) and with the UK being on the highest alert (for now), will this be a more muted event?

Seems unlikely, nerds still gonna nerd! Though sounds like UKGE are stepping up security at the venue and have warned people to be aware that it may slow down entry so everyone should make sure they schedule in a bit of extra time for this. Mostly I'm hoping that the extra security at the event and at the airport won't mean missing breakfast on the Friday though.

1 hour ago, Artifixprime said:

Gutted I can't make it - only a short hop from Dublin, but I've to work at that weekend.

Grrrr!! <shakes fist at a cruel and uncaring world>

Pics and bat reps please from anyone who is there would be great :)

For sure, I may not be on the forum during the day but I should be tweeting fairly actively over the weekend at https://twitter.com/RedAkhrin and expect I'll then post up all my photos here for folk who aren't on Twitter after the event.

Quick question: Are we required to have a neatly printed out fleet list in a particular format or will my usual "hastily scribbled on a napkin/ nearest bit of scrap paper" suffice? How pernickety are they on this? 

2 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

Quick question: Are we required to have a neatly printed out fleet list in a particular format or will my usual "hastily scribbled on a napkin/ nearest bit of scrap paper" suffice? How pernickety are they on this? 

No specific format. Paper was specified rather than napkin. 

1 hour ago, Dr alex said:

So what time are we meeting on Friday and where for breakfast? 

please local people, take the lead there. I arrive on Thursday, happy to go breakfasting anytime it suits you guys.

2 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

@Plagueis is in charge of breakfast

Bear in mind here NebB, none of us is local... not really

Your the one that enjoys writing lists... so I think you should be in charge.... i'lll support.....