IceQube MkII

European Championships - Awesome!

15 hours ago, Plagueis said:

Birds start to sing at 4:15 avoid getting out of the tent to travel to the loo as the fresh air will really wake you up. And NEVER EVER FORGET YOUR PILLOW!!!!!!!! 

I forgot my pillow last year at nationals, it's not the best.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:19 AM, NakedDex said:
On 30/5/2017 at 3:48 PM, Irishmadcat said:

I could wear a Kilkenny hurling jersey but I'm not sure ye would know what that is. 

On 30/5/2017 at 4:35 PM, Ginkapo said:

Tipperary

See, now I  have to go to Nationals in my Meath hurling jersey, like a goddamn GAA hipster.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:19 AM, NakedDex said:

See, now I  have to go to Nationals in my Meath hurling jersey, like a goddamn GAA hipster.

Japers, sounds like I should pack my Dublin GAA jersey. Flying in tomorrow morning, and will wander up to spectate. Should be a grand sight. I hope, win or lose today, the pints are going down well tonight (or the blue milk for the very dedicated) :-)

[be wearing a red "Bizinga" t-shirt ala Big Bang]

5 hours ago, Darth Veggie said:

My Bothan told me that @Tokra had a 9-2 win in the first game round!

Update: He has given up on the 8 Gozanti list! So, nowadays he has merely 7 Gozantis (and 1 Demolisher).

No, only 5 goza and a demo. And 10 squadrons.

I am at 27 points after round 3. We did 3 rounds today, and will do 4 tomorrow. So everything is still possible.

There are 56 players, 28 imperials and 28 rebel. So totally equal.

Round 1 5-6 gink jerjerodd

Round 2 6-5 craken mc30 2cr90 rambos

Round 3 8-2 jerjerodd isd demo gonrati rlb

My m 80 defiant only died one and that's when it took on demolisher an isd and a bomber wing. It killed the opposing fleet and just failed to finish the isd who murdered after 3 turns of trying.  Then a cr90 popped it and he was tabled.  All lovely opponents great day oberall

Some more infos i could gather. After round 2 there was one with 20, 2 with 19 score. 2 with 17-18 points.

There were (if i remember right) 3 imperial and 3 rebel lists on the first 3 table. Was to busy with my match. Sounds at least well balanced so far.

The lists i saw were well mixed. We got everything from 2 ships to 7 ships. All kind of admirals. 

I did not see a ram lsit so far. And the only rieekan i saw was at the back tables (does not mean there are non at higher tables). 

4 hours ago, NebulonB said:

so I think Gink one his first game. Happy to say I got two wins, decent ones but nowhere near top tables. Tokra won his first 9/2 I think, but not sure. Garrow has two 10/1s!! 

Gammon Lord is working his way up from game 3 on.

Was utterly savaged in my first two games 10/1 and 9/2 (the 10/1 my near untouched Admo was sliced and sped off the table at speed 4! :lol:)

Third game: 10/1 to me! Ended on a high note, the fight back begins tomorrow!

On the plus side I don't think I can slip much further down the rankings as I must be close to last.... so I might be able to climb a place or two tomorrow but I'm not to confidant. Most like will play two games and if I'm still miles away with no hope of the deck box will drop off to enjoy the expo 

So to summarize d1, you all wont be surprised when I say that the guys are awesome and the atmosphere is cordial and relaxed, with a litttle jibing but lots of respect. Glad to have met some people from the Forums, finally.

I can confirm that the variety is nice. I also didnt see many apparent Rieekan aces, just one I think. Didnt see a lot of Interdictors  (apparently they are there), and rumor has it that a lone VSD lurks somewhere. Quite a few Imperial swarmy lists, but also big Rebel ships.

I played against an Imperial swarm (Demo, 2 Arqus, Raider, Goz) with Interceptors, an Ackbar Christmas Tree MC80 and Foresight with X wings and Jan and another Ackbar with 2 AFKs, Home One, BH and Zs. 

With my three TRC90s and 2 GR75s plus assorted Rogues and 3 non-rogues I cant go near those side arc beasts, but the squads did a good job in general (other than having a 5 consecutive blank streak against BH) and a great one from time to time, so happy to have three wins in, third one just winning barely when Han finally decided to not only shoot first, but also accuaretly. 

Top dogs have much higher wins and are all great players, so lets see how tomorrows 4 games go. 

Many thx to Gink for taking the picture. 

Finally, there were no standings to get from judges, I DID try to get a pic for you. Tomorrow, then.

4 rounds today.

Should have been 4 yesterday, as well, but a bit of a late start due to increased security controls, a couple people being  still in the car I think.

Top 4 cut on Sunday.