IceQube MkII

European Championships - Awesome!

24 minutes ago, Irishmadcat said:

Should be picking up my tickets from NEC in about an hour and a half

Can't be bothered to pay for parking tonight so will get my tickets tomorrow 

they are still prepping hall 3a. lots of benches already, no mats yet, and a lot of volunteers working. boy it will be loud in there, thats not only armada, that must be for many ffg games

I just arived in the hotel and noticed that my box with the promo cards is missing. This alone is not this bad, but my missions were in the box. This means i forgot my missions now. Could anyone help me out with these?

14 hours ago, thecactusman17 said:

Funny story I heard: turns out that most "Irish pubs" outside of Ireland are actually a weird quasi-franchise sort of thing created by an Irish company that sells  prepackaged "Irish pubs" around the world.  So you can basically call these guys up and they send you a bunch of unique "Irish pub" knickknacks that you assemble and arrange per their instructions.  It's such a big business that they are starting to run out of authentic Irish merchandise to supply new customers with.

I went to an Irish pub in Ecuador that was exactly that - a regular ol' building which they'd thrown some Irish knick knacks at! These and a name change to Finn McCools and boom! Irish!

Just now, GammonLord said:

In Bmingham beer in hand, choosing missions for my MC30s...

Opening Salvo or Close Range Intel Scan

Capture the VIP or Hyperspace (Fleet Ambush if you are feeling frisky)

Solar Corona

But above all first player. :) I know too much about peoples lists to comment on what a decent bid is. 

4 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Opening Salvo or Close Range Intel Scan

Capture the VIP or Hyperspace (Fleet Ambush if you are feeling frisky)

Solar Corona

But above all first player. :) I know too much about peoples lists to comment on what a decent bid is. 

Aye, have a got a pretty solid bid. Opening Salvo is looking tasty...

Edited by GammonLord

Sitting on the coach to Birmingham. I Just read we need the flagship tokens... To be honest, never ever used them, was never an issue. Obviously I have none with me, can someone lend me one for the duration of the event? Cheers

3 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

Sitting on the coach to Birmingham. I Just read we need the flagship tokens... To be honest, never ever used them, was never an issue. Obviously I have none with me, can someone lend me one for the duration of the event? Cheers

I'll have a look in my box mate, should have a spare :)

Do we require anything else out of the norm?

Quick reminder for everbody attending the euros please bring 2 printed copies of your fleet list with you. It must include a detailed breakdown of your fleet detailing all upgrade cards and your 3 selected missions.
Please also make sure that you bring flagship markers for both ship and card, and numbers for duplicate ships.

Copied from the UK and Ireland Facebook group. Only posted today

33 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

I'll have a look in my box mate, should have a spare :)

Do we require anything else out of the norm?

If they dont mind Im using the grey token instead of a numbered one to distinguish ships, then thats all, thanks!

3 hours ago, Tokra said:

I just arived in the hotel and noticed that my box with the promo cards is missing. This alone is not this bad, but my missions were in the box. This means i forgot my missions now. Could anyone help me out with these?

I will if I can, but I only have one set so it depends on what you are running. We can discuss it over breakfast. 

4 hours ago, Irishmadcat said:

Quick reminder for everbody attending the euros please bring 2 printed copies of your fleet list with you. It must include a detailed breakdown of your fleet detailing all upgrade cards and your 3 selected missions.
Please also make sure that you bring flagship markers for both ship and card, and numbers for duplicate ships.

Copied from the UK and Ireland Facebook group. Only posted today

Ha! I'll just pop back over to the Netherlands and get those!

Well, at least we're getting some information now. Or rather, those happening to be in that FB group. 

Anyway, arrived in Birmingham, my plastic bits seem to have survived the flight, and now looking into where and how to meet you fine gents for breakfast tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, Plagueis said:

Birds start to sing at 4:15 avoid getting out of the tent to travel to the loo as the fresh air will really wake you up. And NEVER EVER FORGET YOUR PILLOW!!!!!!!! 

Sounds grim! At least I'm up at this time because I have to for my flight, but at least I won't be the only one exhausted before the event starts! :lol: