Jump to content
IceQube MkII

European Championships - Awesome!

Recommended Posts

Some information about the Team Side event.

Each player can only build a list out of 200 points (not 300 as some might know from worlds). 

This will reduce the fleet to less than a normal 400 Point match. Because both players need a admiral.
And Dodonna became again a bit better for it :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tokra said:

Some information about the Team Side event.

Each player can only build a list out of 200 points (not 300 as some might know from worlds). 

This will reduce the fleet to less than a normal 400 Point match. Because both players need a admiral.
And Dodonna became again a bit better for it :).

Are the same uniques (admirals, titles, squadrons) allowed in both fleets? E.g. can both fleets on the same team have Dodonna? I assume not, but I think it best to have this clarified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Are the same uniques (admirals, titles, squadrons) allowed in both fleets? E.g. can both fleets on the same team have Dodonna? I assume not, but I think it best to have this clarified.

People really hate the way that Dodonna is so openly worded, eh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drasnighta said:

People really hate the way that Dodonna is so openly worded, eh?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. I love Dodonna. Why wouldn't you? Unless you play against him of course.

I was asking because 1) how the heck would overlapping abilities work 2) he's the cheapest admiral 3) Why wouldn't you want Dodonna? 4) He's unique, but it's two different fleets. What if the team members had 2 Rieekan Aces lists? Can you imagine a fleet with 2 . . . Yavarisi? Yavariss? Anyways, that'd be nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. I love Dodonna. Why wouldn't you? Unless you play against him of course.

I was asking because 1) how the heck would overlapping abilities work 2) he's the cheapest admiral 3) Why wouldn't you want Dodonna? 4) He's unique, but it's two different fleets. What if the team members had 2 Rieekan Aces lists? Can you imagine a fleet with 2 . . . Yavarisi? Yavariss? Anyways, that'd be nasty.

It only really matters for the Dodonna side of things most of the time...

 - Most admirals work on friendly, and they can rule wether friendly means absolutely everyone, or just members of your Fleet...

 

 

Thing about Dodonna is, it doesn't matter.  Its On/Off.  Either it applies, or it doesn't.

And if there is a Dodonna, then it applies on all crits the enemy takes - from any source.  Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

It only really matters for the Dodonna side of things most of the time...

 - Most admirals work on friendly, and they can rule wether friendly means absolutely everyone, or just members of your Fleet...

Thing about Dodonna is, it doesn't matter.  Its On/Off.  Either it applies, or it doesn't.

And if there is a Dodonna, then it applies on all crits the enemy takes - from any source.  Simple as that.

Oh, I know that. That's why I love Dodonna (well, that and APTs). But you haven't really answered my question..  . . are two of the same uniques allowed in a team, each belonging to a separate fleet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Oh, I know that. That's why I love Dodonna (well, that and APTs). But you haven't really answered my question..  . . are two of the same uniques allowed in a team, each belonging to a separate fleet?

I don't know, that's up to the Adjudicators, because that's in flux.

It generally depends on the definition used for "Friendly" and "Fleet".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tokra said:

No. See it as the Corellian Conflict. Each Unique is unique for the whole team.

So only one Rhymer in both fleets. Only one Demolisher, only one Yavaris :P

That applies for the Corellian Conflict.  

Are you playing the Corellian Conflict?

Now, the Corellian Conflict does have rules that apply to standard games - but Fleet Building isn't part of those.

 

 

The only guidance given in the core rules is that you can have multiple players - but it should be consisting of one fleet that is sectioned up.

But that's not happening here - its multiple fleets being brought together - so it has to be decided upon by the people running the Tournament, because they are not specifically covered under the Core Rules or Tournament Outlines documents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

That applies for the Corellian Conflict.  

Are you playing the Corellian Conflict?

Now, the Corellian Conflict does have rules that apply to standard games - but Fleet Building isn't part of those.

 

 

The only guidance given in the core rules is that you can have multiple players - but it should be consisting of one fleet that is sectioned up.

But that's not happening here - its multiple fleets being brought together - so it has to be decided upon by the people running the Tournament, because they are not specifically covered under the Core Rules or Tournament Outlines documents.

Hui, come down Dras ;).
The compare to CC was because it is a good way to explain it. The team tournaments are older than the CC set.

Yes, it has to be decided by the people who run the tournament.
I had a question because of the points (i heard both, 200 and 300 per player). So i asked this, got the answer, and posted it here.
 

About the unique rule, i take the rules they did on all team tournaments i have done so far. Uniques were unique within the team. And i assume it will be the same on this one. If they don't, a double demo will be least of the problems we will face....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/30/2017 at 3:48 PM, Irishmadcat said:

I could wear a Kilkenny hurling jersey but I'm not sure ye would know what that is. 

 

On 05/30/2017 at 4:35 PM, Ginkapo said:

Tipperary

See, now I  have to go to Nationals in my Meath hurling jersey, like a goddamn GAA hipster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GammonLord said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_diaspora

Ever noticed there's an Irish bar eeeeeverywhere?  ;):D

Funny story I heard: turns out that most "Irish pubs" outside of Ireland are actually a weird quasi-franchise sort of thing created by an Irish company that sells  prepackaged "Irish pubs" around the world.  So you can basically call these guys up and they send you a bunch of unique "Irish pub" knickknacks that you assemble and arrange per their instructions.  It's such a big business that they are starting to run out of authentic Irish merchandise to supply new customers with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Are the same uniques (admirals, titles, squadrons) allowed in both fleets? E.g. can both fleets on the same team have Dodonna? I assume not, but I think it best to have this clarified.

Asked a couple of these the other day:

armada_team_questions.JPG.98f5d41f6c418a3928a0d9422ebc8380.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...