Sign in to follow this  
dcgoose86

Adepticon 2017

The event listings confuse me a bit.

It sounds like you will have to bring your own models. Wouldn't that imply that they will be released pretty soon, or else they are going to have a lot of unpainted models I imagine.

You need 100 points which I believe is slightly less than what comes in the starter box, if I remember correctly.

I was kind of on the fence about going to Adepticon but this might make it worth it for me.

The event listings confuse me a bit.

It sounds like you will have to bring your own models. Wouldn't that imply that they will be released pretty soon, or else they are going to have a lot of unpainted models I imagine.

You need 100 points which I believe is slightly less than what comes in the starter box, if I remember correctly.

I was kind of on the fence about going to Adepticon but this might make it worth it for me.

That's what I'm hoping for with FFG doing events at Adepticon. This would make me think FFG doing an early February release, that would give people enough time to get a half a starter box painted.  Adepticon always a bast, having Runewars events this early is awesome

Edited by dcgoose86

It's not really confusing we have all been assuming a February release so end of March gives plenty of time. You can build two 100 point armies out of one box. Interesting that we now know rounds will be75 minutes same as X-Wing

100 points is interesting and I like that they put the effort into making the game so scalable. Very keen to see how force organisation works.

My guess would be at least one hero unit is mandatory then just build to points. or 1 hero per X/points.

100 points is interesting and I like that they put the effort into making the game so scalable. Very keen to see how force organisation works.

My guess would be at least one hero unit is mandatory then just build to points. or 1 hero per X/points.

Yeah I assume there's an 'Army Leader' slot. But there may have to be some other stipulations, lest we end up with spam lists of Rune Golems or Carrion Lancers etc (which would be interesting!).

My guess is:

For 100 pts

1 General

1+ Core (Reanimates, Spearmen)

0+ Non-hero units

For 200 pts

1 General

2+ Core (Reanimates, Spearmen)

0+ Non-hero units

0-1 Extra hero

Reasoning being that the heroes tend to be around 30 points which is roughly 1/6th of your army and keeping a nice ratio of 1/3 heroes to units seems like something FFG would do.

It would be interesting to see if Oathsworn Cavalry and Reanimate Archers count as 'Core', as that will pretty significantly affect the kind of lists you can bring. 

Edited by Leowulf

Yeah I assume there's an 'Army Leader' slot. But there may have to be some other stipulations, lest we end up with spam lists of Rune Golems or Carrion Lancers etc (which would be interesting!).

No rune golem spam???? crushing my hopes.

It's official, no RuneWars events at AdeptCon, hopefully, there will still be events I can sign up for in that time slot.   I'm disappointed, but still looking forward to playing the game. 

It's official, no RuneWars events at AdeptCon, hopefully, there will still be events I can sign up for in that time slot.   I'm disappointed, but still looking forward to playing the game. 

Not entirely true, this is from the other thread. 

"I wouldn’t draw too many conclusions on release dates from our email response. It is certainly one of the challenges attempting to schedule events for a yet unreleased game six to eight months in advance. We thought there would be a good chance, but also knew at the time that the schedule would potentially be tight to allow enough time between release of the game and our organized events. I know that Runewars will be at the show in some capacity still, and looking at schedule options as well as replacement events. We are actively working with Fantasy Flight Games, and will have some more concrete news in the coming days.

Anyone currently signed up, will receive a full refund for the events. If you would like to cancel your entire registration (and receive a full refund), just contact info@adepticon.org, however you may want to see what other options are available before making that decision!

Hank Edley

AdeptiCon Director"

Not entirely true, this is from the other thread. 

"I wouldn’t draw too many conclusions on release dates from our email response. It is certainly one of the challenges attempting to schedule events for a yet unreleased game six to eight months in advance. We thought there would be a good chance, but also knew at the time that the schedule would potentially be tight to allow enough time between release of the game and our organized events. I know that Runewars will be at the show in some capacity still, and looking at schedule options as well as replacement events. We are actively working with Fantasy Flight Games, and will have some more concrete news in the coming days.

Anyone currently signed up, will receive a full refund for the events. If you would like to cancel your entire registration (and receive a full refund), just contact info@adepticon.org, however you may want to see what other options are available before making that decision!

Hank Edley

AdeptiCon Director"

True, I should have said the tournaments are not happening. I'm am looking forward to FFG bring demo and preview stuff for Runewars.  Just little bum out is all. Still playing other events at Adepticon, really wanted to do the team tournament.