Sign in to follow this  
sinister6

Sinister Adventures #1

Hi Sinister,

I ran your campaign last night for my party of 3, and I would like to say that it was a great adventure, and the group had fun. I'm new to the WFRP universe, so I decided to tweak it a little and set it within a dwarf city that the party arrived at while tracking a orc invasion party in the previous session. Upon arriving at the city wounded, they sought out rest and healing, and wanted to take a coach out to Marienburg, on their coachman's advice (his hometown). Walking around the city, they decided that looking at the local tavern for some possible henchmen to accompany them on their trip back was the best bet, and it was there that I got them into Bugman's Tavern.

The party managed to figure out what was happening by the first night, so I advanced most of the plot and left out others. The elf thief, upon sneaking into the tavern at night, discovering the first(and second murders) and seeing the green glow coming from the boiling tank, saw Orau (first time they met him) fiddling with the pipes and assumed it was him who was poisoning the supply, and promptly shot an arrow at him, maiming his arm. 

The adventure basically came to a head with the showdown between the rat ogre and the party, which they managed to kill(due to incredible luck). Heading down into the secret tunnel, they found the drill but the henchmen had already escaped.

Once again, thanks for writing this, and I had a blast running the game. 

War,

I'm very glad you liked it.  My group was convinced the halflings were behind the killings, which made it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the kind words.  I'm very glad you altered it to your party needs.  I'm working on something I plan on running soon for my group and I may post it.

Yes my group too suspected that it was the halflings, with the ever crafty coachman attempting to cut a deal with them to sneak out some extra hops for a cut of profit (which was exactly what they were doing behind Bugman's back!).