Sign in to follow this  
Drjacobs

Beating Azathoth with 2 investigators. Suggestions?

Daisy Walker, you will never be starved for clues

Ursula Downs to apply those clues, be mobile and have a free reroll

If you are not playing with any expansions, then try Silas Marsh and Lola Hayes

Edited by Runko

2 investigators is always a bit more tough, since your coverage of classes is quite small.

typically against Azathoth, you'll want a clue generator such as Trish, Tony, Daisy, Patrice, or Mandy.

i will usually always run 4 characters even when playing solo, unless playing with 1 other player for the first time. I'll bring a mystery solver, a fighter, a gate closer and a support. i think that's the best coverage you can ask for.

I guess the best advice to be given to any player who want to beat the game with 2 investigators to get at least 1 clue-based investigator, especially in the core set. Remember that most of the mysteries of the GOOs in the base set requires clues.

In a 2 investigator game, you can only spawn 1 clue for the relevant mythos cards and it can be a pain in the butt if the clue is spawn 3-4 turns away from you.

The best you can do is to go to London to spawn clues, but then again you'll need to pass the skill check. You'll probably get stuck waiting for clues to spawn early in the game, while getting hit by mythos cards and its effects.

In a 4 investigator game, there will be 2 clues spawn for each mythos card with clue icon and you can probably cover different areas since you have 4 heads.

In a low investigator count game you need to focus on the Mystery.

You do not have enough mobility and Actions/Encounters to manage the board effectively.

You need to blitzkrieg the Mystery and hope for the best.