heychadwick

Mario Kart X-wing

so I've thrown together a couple of builds;

N'dru Suhlak (z95) (17) lone Wolf (2) Proton Rockets(3) scavenger Crane (2) Stealth Device (3) - total 27

Laetin A'Shera (M3) (18) Heavy Scyk (cannon) (2) Heavy Laser Cannon (7) Stealth Device (3) - total 30

Black Sun Vigo (starviper) (27) Starviper MKII (-3) Flechette Torpedo (2) Stealth Device (3) - total 29

Black Squadron Scout (Striker) (20) outmaneuver (3) adaptive ailerons (0) light weight frame (2)

Jek Porkins (x wing) (26) R5-D8 (2) Stay on target (2) Proton Torpedo (4) Vectored Thrusters (2)

any comments welcome

5 minutes ago, ObiWonka said:

N'Dru sounds good in theory, but will never keep up without Boost or Barrel Roll (experience speaking). Maneuvering actions are a MUST in Mario Kart.

thanks for the heads up, I'll switch stealth for either engine or vector thrust 

What about Countdown with AA and EU? It can change it's bearing three times in one turn, can pull off a 180 turn to get around a hairpin, has a strong attack value, and has a good defensive ability when you need it. Otherwise Intensity Jake with trick shot and chardaan could be great as well

So after a late finish (2am ish) we had a pretty good turnout for Mario kart considering we were a have-a-go table at a warhammer 40k event

12 different players over the course of the night, everyone had a great time (the protectorate player in the pictures above was laughing his head off as he flew the wrong way down the main straight)

Once I'm allowed to post pic's again I have a couple more (I hit the size limit)

Regards

1 hour ago, Rakky Wistol said:

And I saw a punisher in those pics... everything is INDEED alright...at least with Mario Kart xwing

I'm afraid to say that my poor photography has decived you - that's a TIE bomber that caused mayhem

The bomber build was; 

Major Rhymer, deadeye, ion torp, flechette torp, proton rockets, and assault missiles

I'll try and post more builds later, but with 26 ships built it may take a while

Edited by Surak

On 4/26/2017 at 10:24 AM, Biff said:

Question: Are the errata'd deck cards extra cards that need to be added to their respective place decks, or do they actually replace cards? If they replace, then I'm having difficulty in seeing the difference between the original cards and the errata'd ones. Bullet Bill, for example, is exactly the same in the last place deck and the errata deck. 

Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion, lol. 

5 hours ago, rym said:

Question: Are the errata'd deck cards extra cards that need to be added to their respective place decks, or do they actually replace cards? If they replace, then I'm having difficulty in seeing the difference between the original cards and the errata'd ones. Bullet Bill, for example, is exactly the same in the last place deck and the errata deck. 

Thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion, lol. 

The errata deck is for folks that had an existing deck.  They could print the errata and replace existing cards.

If you did not have a deck already, simply ignore the errata deck and print the three other decks to create your complete set.

Thanks for the question.

On 6/13/2017 at 7:52 AM, Surak said:

so I've thrown together a couple of builds;

N'dru Suhlak (z95) (17) lone Wolf (2) Proton Rockets(3) scavenger Crane (2) Stealth Device (3) - total 27

I thought all "individual" cards like Lone Wolf were not allowed. I disallowed N'dru for the same reason.

4 minutes ago, drathbun said:

I thought all "individual" cards like Lone Wolf were not allowed. I disallowed N'dru for the same reason.

Depends on the version of the Mario kart rules you use. For the way we run it the, only things banned are large bases, k-wings, and phantoms

1 hour ago, Surak said:

Depends on the version of the Mario kart rules you use. For the way we run it the, only things banned are large bases, k-wings, and phantoms

*brings a Rebel Transport with engine booster and leebo*

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

*brings a Rebel Transport with engine booster and leebo*

hey if you think you can fit it through a 1 1/2 small-small base wide gap you are welcome to try :P (just look at the bowsers castle map we use above)

Just now, Surak said:

hey if you think you can fit it through a 1 1/2 small-small base wide gap you are welcome to try :P (just look at the bowsers castle map we use above)

There's rules for huge base ships colliding with obsticals... it doesnt end well for the obstical.

27 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

There's rules for huge base ships colliding with obsticals... it doesnt end well for the obstical.

it doesn't end well for the huge ship when we had to rate the track edge as indestructible to prevent seismic torp shenanigans - and the castle walls are the track edge :P

Didn't like the mariokart varient run at my store yesterday, looking at creating my own.

Item boxes: roll an attack die (1/8, 2/8, 2/8, 3/8 chance of items)

1st place:

Crit- horn equivilant, some kind of get-out-of card free card.

Focus- Bananna equivilant. Connor net?

Blank- Shell equivilant. discard to stop 2 damage from 1 attack or to perform a homing missile attack without TL

Hit- Coin equivilant. 1 shield regen?

-------------------

Middle of pack:

Crit- Bobomb- Ion mine

Focus- Mushroom. May boost instead of performing an attack, this boost may ignore asteroids.

Blank- Shell equivilant. discard to stop 2 damage from 1 attack or to perform a homing missile attack without TL

hit: Banana equivilant. Connor net?

----------------------

Last place:

Crit: Blue Shell. Next turn, at the end of activation, First place is flipped 180. All ships in range 1 of first place are ionized.

Focus: Bullet. Gain Adapteve Aerolons and Oicoon's ability for 4 rounds.

Blank: Lightning. Ionize and tractor every ship in front of you.

Hit: Green shell equivilant. discard to stop 2 damage from 1 attack or to perform a homing missile attack without TL

----------------------------

Death is a forced Inertial Dampener. 24 points, no SLAM, no other build restrictions.

Turrets are unmodified 4 die attacks.

Edited by Rakaydos

the way i run item boxes is very different, i have the following upgrade card decks available on the table (cannon, missile, torp, turret, mod, elite) i then roll a d6 when someone picks up a box on track, randomly selecting a deck. The deck is then shuffled and cut and the player can choose between the upgrades either side of the cut regardless of if they have the right upgrade slot.

at that point things change depending on if we are playing standard class or any other class (we normally fly open class, so its almost anything-goes). In a standard class game ALL pickup cards become discard on use, in the, in Modified or Open class races the cards behave as normal

what ever the class of race, picking up another box auto-discards your previous pick up card

hope that all makes sense