Sign in to follow this  
Gord0n

Best Rebel jousters ?

Not sure exactly which is best, but there are a number of good options out there.

B-wings are always a decent choice, whether you run fcs on them or maybe instead throw in a z-95 to accompany them.

The t-70 does sort of outstrip the b-wing as a jousting platform though... Damage output is almost as good, durability is considerably better (only 1 less shield if using integrated astromech, and more green dice means the t-70's will almost always live longer). Oh, and they are much better at turning around than the b-wing is.

Of course that's only for generic jousters. I don't know exactly what the best rebel Jousting list would look like, but it probably has biggs in there somewhere, and probably has Jess Pava in there too.

It depends. 

In a straight head-on pass, a B-wing with FCS and/or a cannon is good, but so is a BTL-A4 Y-wing. The B-wing has some significant advantages in K-turning round afterwards.....but then so does a Targeting Astromech equipped X-wing, and the ARC-170 doesn't even need to. 

Regardless, it will almost inevitably be a named pilot. Norra Wexley has a pretty good claim, as does Opportunist/Heavy Laser Cannon Keyan Farlander. For that matter, a VCX-100 can be quite a nasty jouster.

Given that it's probably the most successful Rebel snubfighter squad at the moment, I guess 2 ARC-170s and Biggs probably qualifies; it depends whether you class an ARC-170 as a 'jouster' per se - in practice they tend to be more 'joust once and then run away firing the tail guns'

Although you can give them some serious firepower. Norra Wexley is always good, and Railgun Thane (Expose, Finn, R2-D6) is pretty nasty as long as he has Biggs to protect him.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

The VCX-100 and Rey on the Falcon are both pretty good on the joust. For small ships I guess the B-wing is the best of a mediocre bunch but they suffer from a poor dial and are very vulnerable to plasma torpedoes.

ARCs are very good (particularly Norra) but I don't know if you would count them as jousters exactly.

The gold standard of jousting is probably the /x7 Tie Defender for its great action economy, stats and white K-turn. It's dial is not the best but a good player can usually work around that. IMO the Rebels don't have anything that matches that.

The gold standard of jousting is probably the /x7 Tie Defender for its great action economy, stats and white K-turn. It's dial is not the best but a good player can usually work around that. IMO the Rebels don't have anything that matches that.

They have a few things, but the TIE/x7 title is hell to match in a fair fight. The white K-turn at least is something they can work around - you can make 'mini-defenders' quite cheaply; they dont have the agility or the evade token, but Hobbie and Braylen can both K-turn back and forth like idiots for 27 points a piece, and have target lock and focus when they do so.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

There really arent any great ones aside from the VCX

Biggs, however, REALLY helps

Ive taken my ARCs in jousts v x7s and come out ahead because of how badly biggs **** their target priority

Course after the first pass youre done jousting and down to aux arc shenanigans, but beating defenders on that initial exchange is crazy

A-wings are an alright bet at the moment with the new snap fire card in the Heroes of the Resistance pack. I'm envisioning:

4 x Green Squadron Pilot (19)

Snap Shot (2)

Juke (2)

A-wing Test Pilot (0)

Chaardan Refit (-2)

Prototype Pilot (17)

Chaardan Refit (-2)

Total: 99 pts.

Greens with Juke are already a powerhouse at 19 pts a pop, especially en masse. However, combining them with the phenominal snap shot card in that unique double-ept way gives you a ship half the price of a TIE/D defender with nearly the same pop per shot. The prototype is there for blocking, and will normally trump an opponent's list in that regard due to being PS1 (when was the last time you saw an Academy TIE being used?) Of course, aces will run rings around a list like this, but you did say jousting, not competitive.

I want to try this for jousting

K-Wing: Warden Squadron Pilot (23)

Extra Munitions (2)

Plasma Torpedoes (3)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

K-Wing: Warden Squadron Pilot (23)

Extra Munitions (2)

Plasma Torpedoes (3)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

ARC-170: · Shara Bey (28)

Weapons Engineer (3)

Alliance Overhaul (0)

99pts

It might not strictly speaking be a joust, but bomber K-Wings could be fun. If you can fly them, NO ONE should ge anywhere near you.

Sample build:

Warden Squadron Pilot

Conner Net

Proximity/Cluster Mines

Extra munitions

Advanced Slam

Rest of upgrades are up to you.

A great jousting list that I've been having success with lately is 2 stock Blue Squadron B-wings, anoth Blue Squadron B-wing with the Bwing/E2 mod and Rey crew, and Braylen Stramm with title Weapons Engineer and M9-G8.