dewbie420

How to store and lug cards and tokens? FFG deck boxes?

Same as with the Lord of the Rings Card game:

Investigator / Fellowship cards stored in collectors album with 9 slot ultra pro sheets.

Player decks sleeved in Dragon Shield matte sleeves.

Encounter cards sleeved in FFG clear sleeves and stored in Dragon Shield 300cards box, where you can store in one Big Expansion + full 6pack cycle.

Issue in LotR is, that you have Nightmare decks, which has to be separately stored as they do not get inside together with full cycle (too many cards).

Tokens in Hobby Bit box.

Edited by Hennessy

So an update to before. I am using the Go7 gaming case for the smaller LCGs (make sure you order the right one) I do not have a picture as I am currently at work, but the box works great.

Pros:

Token box fits in the middle and fits all tokens sorted in to smaller compartments

Plenty of dividers to split up player cards by class and a lot of encounter cards by scenario or encounter set

Dividers are clear and allow easy grabbing of cards and seeing what is there.

Leaves space for books on top

Room to grow and will probably hold the full first cycle.

Cons:

The lid doesn't close all the way which is only a small annoyance.

There is no designated location for the small investigator location cards.

There will be limited space to hold more than one cycle and eventually player cards will fill up as well.

You have to use glue to glue it all together so be careful.

Cons:

There will be limited space to hold more than one cycle and eventually player cards will fill up as well.

Go7Gaming does sell something to add to the box to store the small cards:

http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-small-card-dividers/

Probably overkill for the few that we will actually have for this game, but the option exists.

I got my core set at Arkham Nights and after checking out several vendors decided to try Broken Token set (ORG007). I had no trouble putting them together and they sit inside the box set perfectly. It let me store the base set and the Curse of the Rougarou easily with some room left over. This way you can separate the decks yet keep them in the core box.

Yes, FFG sleeves work for sure. See in pics.

Pics

post-151157-0-53757000-1480366098_thumb.jpg

post-151157-0-38365200-1480366105_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steeljaw

Cons:

Go7Gaming does sell something to add to the box to store the small cards:

http://go7gaming.com/product/lgc-003-small-card-dividers/

Probably overkill for the few that we will actually have for this game, but the option exists.

Yeah, I noticed that, but $6 rather than the convenient baggy just didn't seem that worth it for the 5 (soon to be 10) small cards.

Argh this looks so cool. Will have to wait to get some Broken Token stuff to Germany severals weeks or even months :(

You will want to use some wood glue to hold the center token box together.  I have a detailed post on reddit here.

I use a Dex Protection 200 count box, which holds all 5 of my Investigator decks, and the Core Campaign/Scenarios, as well as the tokens. I also have a Dex Protection binder for the extra cards/upgrades and to hold the Rulebooks and Campaign Log. All of that makes it fairly easy to just grab the box and binder and dash off to my gaming night and play with friends.

When I add the two new Scenarios, they won't fit in this set up, but I may just add another smaller deck box to carry them.

*Edit: I added the picture, which I meant to upload with the post.

post-258736-0-79243600-1482353331_thumb.jpeg

Edited by AsahinaMaebure

I got my core set at Arkham Nights and after checking out several vendors decided to try Broken Token set (ORG007). I had no trouble putting them together and they sit inside the box set perfectly. It let me store the base set and the Curse of the Rougarou easily with some room left over. This way you can separate the decks yet keep them in the core box.

Yes, FFG sleeves work for sure. See in pics.

Pics

Would love it if them or go7 would do something similar to this (with the slanted dividers) that fit the deluxe expansions so that a whole cycle (+ rules inserts?) could be stored in the deluxe boxes. I hate getting rid of them because they are great looking, but if not using them to store cards can't bring myself to keep them just for artwork.

I use many of the products made by Go7Gaming. Well designed solutions, great instructions, and wonderful customer service.

I agree. I love their products.

Those ruin cards unless they are in boxes.

How so? Even sleeved cards?

Because it's a soft case with round corners. You want something hard and square. It will bend your cards

I'm planning on using this:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies/Storage-Organization/Storage/Black-All-Media-Artists-Supply-Sketch-Box/p/80771724

Best part about it, broken token makes an insert for it:

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/standard-sized-card-organizer-for-wooden-artist-case/

(the part number they call out is for the lighter wood version of the case)

It's coming tomorrow. I'm going to replace the handle and latches with better ones and take out the top drawer thing. I'm also planning on covering it with elder sign themed vinyl graphics. Will update when I get it all together.

Saw this post last week and was intrigued. My wife and I are RVing near Greenwood, S.C. and she wanted to stop at the Hobby Lobby there today, so I figured I would check on this. They had it in stock, but my wife was also able to access a 40% off coupon via the Internet, so that saved me $10. Just need to order the insert now.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:59 AM, Sindriss said:

I agree. I love their products.

Because it's a soft case with round corners. You want something hard and square. It will bend your cards

It has a cardboard insert that covers all corners, so the cards are fine.

Also, I work in a game store, and we just got these in. Should be perfect to hold Arkham cards for awhile. http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/arkhive/arkhive-400-xenoskin.html  $35

On 1/26/2017 at 5:54 PM, dashrendar said:

It has a cardboard insert that covers all corners, so the cards are fine.

Also, I work in a game store, and we just got these in. Should be perfect to hold Arkham cards for awhile. http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/arkhive/arkhive-400-xenoskin.html  $35

Ultimate Guard has a ton of great products. I use their Flip 'n Tray for player decks.

I've finally settled on getting one custom insert and couple of deck boxes... I found a great mahogany wood box that will fit 2 core boxes with inserts but I think being able to compactly store scenario sets in separate boxes and having a core-insert to sort what I'm currently playing will be perfect with lots of room for the next 24 months (I hope).

wy5gfQzl.jpg

xYsmFUhl.jpg

BTW/PSA: check out this video, Arkham Chronicle is giving away "Quiver" card case!

Edited by dewbie420

I tend to just use the plain, white, multi-row boxes you see at pretty much any game store; with dividers printed out on cardstock.  Tokens just go in the last row (though sometimes they do slip under the row dividers and have to be dug out).  Manuals and such can go on top.