Sign in to follow this  
Razgriz25thinf

Revisiting T-70s: What's changed?

Blue Ace could be a good stressbot carrier with primed thrusters. Able to boost turn 90 degrees.

I have Jess as a stressbot carrier in a few lists since she gets both offense and defense rerolls in a squad.

Snap with Daredevil sounds great. Will have to try that. I recently played Bossk with daredevil and it's insane how maneuverable a YV becomes with that EPT. Snap will be super insane with a boost and daredevil. Yikes! Tycho will be jealous.

With his free Boost, VI Snap seems like a promising candidate for Black One. Something like this should be fun for total craziness.

33 Snap Wexley (28), BB8 (2), VI (1), Primed Thrusters (1), Black One (1), IA (0)

Problem with BB-8 on Snap: You only have 2 maneuvers that overlap both BB-8 and his ability, and both of them are straight maneuvers. That doesnt lend itself to the kind of maneuverability Snap is supposed to exploit. I would prefer R2 Astro because it turns maneuvers that he can use to boost out of into greens. 

So say you want to run two regen (R5-P9 & R2-D2) T-70s, how would you build them?

Hmm....

What exactly do you want? Do you want high PS or high offense? Like, what are you trying to counter here?

I want high survivability with decent offense and some leftover points for a blocker i guess...

So say you want to run two regen (R5-P9 & R2-D2) T-70s, how would you build them?

Hmm....

What exactly do you want? Do you want high PS or high offense? Like, what are you trying to counter here?

I want high survivability with decent offense and some leftover points for a blocker i guess...

Poe Dameron(PS8), Predator, R5-P9, Autothrusters, Black One

Red Ace, R2-D2, Comm Relay, Autothrusters

Green Squadron Pilot, Push the Limit, Chaardan Refit, A-Wing Test Pilot, Autothrusters, Adapatability.

100 points

That oughta suit your needs.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

I love:

Ps 9 Poe.

Push the limits.

R2-D2.

Autothrusters/Vectored thrusters.

Pattern analyzer.

Black one.

45 points.

This thing is the kind of flexible that you want from an Ace this expensive. This guy hit's paydirt every time he performs a green maneuver, 2 actions and a shield token with no downside. You can still perform white's and get the standard benefits of PTL. A red still net´s you a focus token! 

Black one is the cherry on top. The nature of the upgrade means that you will rarely actually get to shake off a token (people won´t take the action in the first place) so don't start thinking things like "I never discarded a TL that game! This thing is useless!". 

Also to note with the Black One title, if you're an excellent pilot you can use it to support the other ships in your list. Like using Boost to clear a lock off a nearby Rey. Barrel Roll is much easier since you can move closer to the target ship by almost a full range band.

I love:

Ps 9 Poe.

Push the limits.

R2-D2.

Pattern analyzer.

Black one.

45 points.

This thing is the kind of flexible that you want from an Ace this expensive. This guy hit's paydirt every time he performs a green maneuver, 2 actions and a shield token with no downside. You can still perform white's and get the standard benefits of PTL. A red still net´s you a focus token! 

Black one is the cherry on top. The nature of the upgrade means that you will rarely actually get to shake off a token (people won´t take the action in the first place) so don't start thinking things like "I never discarded a TL that game! This thing is useless!". 

Do you think the VT is > AT?

I love:

Ps 9 Poe.

Push the limits.

R2-D2.

Pattern analyzer.

Black one.

45 points.

Do you think the VT is > AT?

I don't personally believe so, no. One of Poe's actions is ALWAYS focus anyways, you're never going to boost and barrel roll in the same turn. Autothrusters makes your defense so much more consistent it's really not comparable. Barrel Rolling is nice, but turning a blank to an evade is nicer.

I'd usually take VT over AT on Poe unless I know fore sure that I'm facing TLT spam. Put it this way, you don't have to roll green dice if the opponent cannot fire on you, and barrel roll is excellent in that role. Also, you get an additional trigger for Black one.

I'd usually take VT over AT on Poe unless I know fore sure that I'm facing TLT spam. Put it this way, you don't have to roll green dice if the opponent cannot fire on you, and barrel roll is excellent in that role. Also, you get an additional trigger for Black one.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to try it on my next friendly game to see how it goes.

I was going to do a small store tournament tonight but it looks like it might not happen for me.

I go the other way, I would probably always take ATs over VTs unless I was running PTL or Black1 (or probably both). Greens are less reliable than Reds so anything that fixes a blank is good news, even if only at R3 or out of arc. It also synergises well with Poe's ability as he can turn a blank and an eyeball into 2 dodges.

I go the other way, I would probably always take ATs over VTs unless I was running PTL or Black1 (or probably both). Greens are less reliable than Reds so anything that fixes a blank is good news, even if only at R3 or out of arc. It also synergises well with Poe's ability as he can turn a blank and an eyeball into 2 dodges.

The identical principal that says that Poe always wants regen is what says that Autothrusters is always better than, well, not having AT. Being maneuverable is nice, but Poe isn't an Interceptor. Being alive is better than being slightly more maneuverable. There will always come a time when defending, usually multiple times a game, where you wish you had brought AT, and that's when it matters.

One Nien build I've seen posted pairs Stay On Target with a Pattern Analyzer and BB-8. You dial in the 3-straight, and can use SoT to change it to whatever you need, including Tallon Rolls. Between BB-8 and boost, you should be able to put yourself in position to end up stress free.

I really like playing new Poe with PTL, BB-8, Primed Thrusters, Black 1 and IA. 40 points of unpredictability!

And 40 points of "Aw, sh**. I'm out of shields." and being 2 attacks away from death. 

You should never field 40 points of ship than can die in less than 4 attacks.

Interestingly enough, you are right. That Poe is VERY unpredictable. As in, You can't predict whether it'll last more than 5 rounds.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

I really like playing new Poe with PTL, BB-8, Primed Thrusters, Black 1 and IA. 40 points of unpredictability!

And 40 points of "Aw, sh**. I'm out of shields." and being 2 attacks away from death. 

You should never field 40 points of ship than can die in less than 4 attacks.

Interestingly enough, you are right. That Poe is VERY unpredictable. As in, You can't predict whether it'll last more than 5 rounds.

It works quite fine to me. I can arc-dodge pretty neatly. Yes it is squishy but very rewarding.

Been having a tough time getting Snap to perform effectively in the last 3 games.

Haven't put VI on him yet to be fair, because the middling PS is very difficult for me to use against my local groups high PS lists.

However, Snap with PtL and VT is good fun to fly, although with the high volume of TLT fire I have to go against I might have to look at AT instead of VT.

Something like:

Snap (28): VI (1); AT (2); Black One (1); Primed Thrusters (1); R2 Astro (1) = 34

Was running:

Snap (28): PtL (3); Pattern Analyzer (2); R2 Astro (1); VT (2) = 36